Picture of her EX. What would you do?

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you need more to go on before it becomes a warning sign for you -- this doesn't get close

interesting that your antenae are up - wonder if something's behind that?

ignoring it is a good thing. at this point it remains obsessive signal reading on something so small and will lead you into overreacting, jealousy, etc. you need a cluster of signals like these before they become something you need to address

sounds like she's young (HS or college or just after...) enjoy her now, she or you will move on eventually. that's the way of things. don't blow a gasket on anything here, be cool

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanx

I see what you guys are saying. Thanks for all the imputs. The thing is, I am not sure that the picture was there before, or maybe she just always took it off before I come over and forgot this time. That's my guess.

Second of all, it's all in the interest level bro. It's not really about feeling threatened, it's about feeling that "hey, if her interest level in me was 95% or higher, and this guy was such an ******* and it makes her sick when she thinks about what he did to her" would that picture still be up there? You know. I try to stay fairly reasonable.

Another thing is, there is no contact (that I know off, and I'm pretty certain) between them, but he does go out to most of the same places. Here's the thing, a few weeks ago, I saw him walk by (She's still not sure if I really recognize who he is or not because I NEVER coment on seeing him or say ANYTHING about the dude whatsoever) and she sort of shiftet her body shortly after that maybe for 10 degrees or something, but it looked like it was towards the direction where he was at so maybe she could see him/look at him, whatever. I'm not 100% because I didn't turn around, so I dont' give my self away. A few minutes later, he walked by us the other way (I noticed, but she didnt' see that I noticed) and after like 5 - 10 seconds she sort of turns her head around a bit and looks behind her for like a second or two. Two or three minutes later, she tells me she's going to the bathroom and grabs her best friend to go along with her.

I never brought any of this up yet, since I dont' have valid proof and she would shut me down with lies and tell me exactly what I wanna hear if I did. I want to pay close attention for next few times and in the future, how she reacts when he's around. I know that this is red flag and all, so I'm just staying aware.

Earlier in our relationship, we were having drinks with another couple, and we just got there and sat down. As I'm sitting down, my friends girlfirend sits on the right side of me and my girl on the left. Her ex. walks out the bathroom, and she turns her head and soon as she saw him says "do you wanna switch seats with me" to my friends girlfriend. Now, the other chick didnt' hear this so nothing happened, but had they switched seats, my girlfriend would be facing in the direction of her ex. and she would have been closer to me as well. I didn't bring this up until a couple of months later, and of course she said that she just "wanted to be closer to me, and had nothing to do with her ex."

I'm not a stupid guy, whatever her reason for that, it's not good. Obviously she doesn't feel "indifferent" about him or she wouldnt' care. The thing is, other then these couple of things, our relatioship is great, she seems obsessed with me, ALWAYS calls me, always calls me first after any arguments, says she wants to end up with me and be with me forever and always, and tells this to other people as well. She doesn't talk about her ex. or anything like that, and I dont' bring him up either. But I do realize I have to be careful. So I'm on a lookout, looking for PROOF, but acting cool about everything.

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha ha, we responded at the same time. Thanks man, very inteligent post. Well if you read my previous, you'll see what's behind my radar going up. We are planning to live together, and one day get marriend, in a coulpe of years ( I let her bring all this up of course). I just kept playing it cool and it seems like the more time passes by the more serious about me she gets. But in my previous post I did give a little bit of a longer version of the entire dilema behind this.

Tomb

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's normal when you encounter your ex in public, you'll take a look. It doesn't mean anything. If there is any contact between the two, then that's a red flag. Other than that, nothing you should worry. Girls are good at detecting insecurities. So stop focusing on it. Remember she is with you now, the past is the past.

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way TesuqueRed, she's 20 years old, so yea, fairly young. Anyone else experience this out in public, where your girl seems to want to be facing in the direction of her ex? I personally think this is a bit of a red flag, anyone with different opinions, or the same? Please feel free to input.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ah, so you're reading body language, are you? sure, she's carrying a torch for her ex or is in competition and wants to prove something to him and he has the upper hand at the moment

which swings back around to you - as in, is she with you to prove something to her ex? stuff to prove: she got another guy, she's in demand, she doesn't need him, she's got more social value than him, etc etc.

maybe. hard to tell from here

she may still like and want you more than him and still experience the above

but 20 yrs old? she's still discovering her powers of attraction, her sexual desirability and all that - you're one step along the way, so enjoy her for now.

bail before she bails on you though. you'll recognize the signs well enough if you're already reading BL signals like the above.

just to tweak your guilt here (ha!) though, maybe her ex bailed on her and she has something to prove? and then you go and bail on her and she's gonna have a complex, won't she?

better her than you (didn't think that guilt would play out long...)

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HMMM

Got ya. Good post. I'm really not sure, the thing is, she's gorgeous. She knows this, and she gets hit on CONSTANTLY. Modeling agents ask her if she's been "discovered" yet. I'm absolutely postive she can have 99% of the guys around.

Her ex. is a better looking guy then me, tall, dark and handsome. Quite honestly, just by observing his body language and behavior, it's obvious to me that he's an alpha male and "gets it". I'm not ugly by any means, I hold my own. I dress very well, am very confident, ****y + funny, and make a positive impression on most people. I've been practicing and studying the game for over 7 years so I have no problems picking up ladies, and know what to do and say, and how to act in most situations. But even given all of that, her ex. seems to be on another level as far as looks go, and apperantly is no chump either.

This is probably one of the biggest reasons I'm with her, I did the right things from day 1, when I met her. It took a while for us to get serious, as I never asked her out, but after 2 and a half months of dating she just started telling people I'm her boyfriend (challenge). She talked to her ex. only one time during the first month we saw each other, and this is because he called her non stop until she picked up. She told me everything and I pretty much said "I don't care if you talk to him, but just let me know so you don't waste my time."

After that he would try calling quite often, from a private number, but she'd never pick up. She eventually changed her number, so now she doesn't get any more unknown calls (I'm positive of this). However, when seeing her and her best friend out at a coffee place, he left the place, and called one of his friends that was sitting close to my girlriend and told him to give her the phone. The guy said to my girl "here, take this phone", but she told him "no, I dont' have anythign to say to that person". The guys says, "how do you know who it is", she replies "I just know, it's pretty obvious".

Even lately there's times if he sees her somewhere with her girlfriends, and a couple of times he grabed her hand when they walked by, but she just shook his hand off and walked away (her friends was there so my gut is this is true). Now she probably says somethign liek this like once every two months maybe, so it's not like it happens all the time, but it's pretty clear that the dude still wants her. He even told her that last time when they talked that he will "NEVER GIVE UP, and if she changes her number he'll find it from somebody like before (she changed her number even before me once because of him)"

She was whipped over him before though, since she has told me that she used to "hope" to end up with him, and that he was the only guy she had feeling for (loved, I assume) and since he took her virginity it also made it a bigger deal for her. She would loose sleep over him because he was actually seeing another girl in between her. My guess is we was seeing this other girl secretly and then anytime my girl dumped him he was open about the other girl. That was another issue, she dumped him a LOT of times, but always eventually went back to him after he kept calling her and feeding her crap. She says that "the feeling would come back after she would talk to him more again". He he, now I know this is not necessarily the best thing to hear for me, for all I know, how the hell do I know they won't come back again? lol. But I'm her longest conistant relatioship yet, at 11 months now without breaking up, and she never had a guy that she cared for other then her ex. but now she says I'm different then all the others.

She is opening up more and more, and is comletely open with me sexually and with everything else. She litteraly cannot go a coule of hours without calling me, I'd say she calls me pretty much whenever she's not in class. She calls me before school, after school, when at work, sometimes between classes. She talks about how she wants to marry me and have a future, we're planning to move in together in the very near future. I'm the first guy that her parents ever met, so I'm sure that says somethign too. Oh yeah, and it also seems her ex. always leaves any place shortly after he realizes that me and her are there together. I never really see him stick around after he sees us, so I'm guessing it's bugging him to see her with me. I'm not sure if there's any more behind that.

She says I'm her best friend, her lover, and her everything. Has told me that I'm the best thing that ever happened to her, and even doesn't have any more guy friends because of respect for me. She used to have a lot more guy friends because she thinks "girls are bivtches" but now she has a couple of good girlfriends and me (I didn't demand this of her, if anybody's thinking that). She also deleted all the guys numbers from her phone, other then her relatives (I didnt' demand this either). All her friends LOVE me and tell her that I'm the best thing she's ever had. Also her mom got married when she was 19, and she also told me that she hopes to be married by the age of 22 and she doesn't want to be an "old" mom ;).

You're right TesuqueRed, I'd probably notice when I need to leave her, but as of right now, other then my observations of this behavior around her ex. the things between me and her have been constantly getting better. I'm not sure if that's gonna hit a stop anytime soon, but I will follow the rules and do all the right things.

Any more inputs and comments based on all this new information are more then welcome, in fact, encouraged! What ya think?

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how is it "he is no chump" when I could quote 3-4 paragraphs here where you demonstrate that he is?

-- calling the friend sitting next to her and telling him to put her on the phone, trying to grab her hand when walking past, etc. it may not put the nail in the coffin with her (esp since she's 19) but she's gotta be thinking "loser" with each event

age thing -- I lived in SF and getting married before the late-mid or late 20's was weird. I move to Seattle and find it's a different world - like the 1950s ferchrisakes - where many couple marry thier 1st/2nd/3rd bf/gf somewhere just out of college -- stuff you just didn't see in SF. I suppose in Idaho it's closer to Seattle than SF -- just some observations

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha ha, very good observation. Thanx for that, I've noticed that my self, but other than that, the way he carries him self and everything else screams "alpha" but I agree, if he was so alpha he'd probably still be with her. I guess you can say that he certainly doesnt' appear to be a chump, but when it comes to her, he does "looser" things. But great observation.

Thanx for the reply anyways man. And about the whole SF thing, I finished High School in San Jose, grew up in bay area, I KNOW. I was 19 when I moved here, and people my age were allready gettin' married, it was VERY weird. I remember me and my friend walking around the mall in San Jose, when we were 16-17 and try to mack on girls, and then after talking to each, whether or not we got her number, we would take notes on "what we did good/ what we did bad/ what to do better next time." It's funny because back then I didn't ready any of these books or know about any of these sites, but I was constantly taking notes, even when watching TV, when I'd hear some good sh*t, I always wrote it down.

I am positive that I approached at least a couple of thousand women by now, and it's true, once you get like 300 - 400 approaches, it's like nothing to you. It's funny to some of my friends, because it is harder for me NOT to approach a girl, then to approach one. Like I litteraly have to fight my self not to walk up to some hottie that's around, :). I was at the mall yesterday with a buddy and picked up three number of hot chicks, in 3 tries (chicks that were helping us while shopping), and then gave 'em all to him on the way home. He was like wtf? I told him "I just wanna prove to you that none of this matters, it's getting to the point where you're confident that no matter what happens, you can always go out and do that, plus I have a girl anyways." The sad thing is that he's probably gonna call those chicks and make a fool of him self, haha, but whatever.

Anyways, didnt' mean to get off the subject, thanx for all the replies. I guess I'll come up with more questions later if I need more advice.