Pheromone Cologne

phatboi408

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.pherlure.com/

http://www.pheromonereviewsite.com/?gclid=COW3zZGO6oQCFUOFCwodG24Xng

This seems to good to be true, or is it. Click on one of the links above to find out what it is.
Does it actually work I dont know but it claims to and with DJ skills and Pheromone Cologne I would like to give it a test and see for my self. $49.99 is a bit steep so I would like to ask what you guys think about it.
This cologne should not replace the skills of a DJ but to enchance the DJ skill, if it works.
What do you guys think about it? Plus the second link is a link showing what Pheromone cologne works and pherlure.com has the stuff that supposetly works.

*Remember it is only to echance a DJ skill not repalce it*

svarog

Don Juan
Reaction score
here is a relevant section from wikipedia's article on pheromones

"Some commercially-available substances are advertised using claims that the products contain sexual pheromones and can act as an aphrodisiac. These often lack credence due to an excessive marketing of pheromones by unsolicited e-mail. Moreover, despite claims to the contrary http://www.pherlure.com/, no defined pheromonal substance has ever been demonstrated to influence human behaviour in a peer reviewed, published study."

Also they spam a whole lot http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="pherlure.com"+scam&btnG=Google+Search

So I say scam!!!!!

Krak

Don Juan
Reaction score
$49.99 isn't too steep considering I paid $39.99 for a bottle of eternity for men by calvin klein. Then again, that stuff probably doesn't work anyways. Give it a shot and tell me if it does :D

phatboi408

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ill give it a shot. Ill will have alot experiments. One showing me being an AFC and one being just me.
I will use it next to a girl that never showed interest in me.
I will use it one day and see how many girls EC/smile at me and one day without the cologne.

Ill give you guys some information when I get it.

Maybe its a scam, but I would like to try it out.

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is currently no scientific proof that human pheromones have a detectable effect on other people. At best, you may get a kind of placebo effect where splashing $50 worth of anonymous liquid on yourself gives you a bona fide confidence boost. Of course, you can achieve this without paying a cent. To quote Morpheus in The Matrix: "Don't think you can, know you can."

Tests with sweat scent showed that a control group of women found more men attractive when exposed to sweat scent than without. Sweat itself is not smelly. It's when it goes stale and bacteria multiply when bad body odour becomes apparent. Needless to say, this result should be avoided!

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instead of wasting your money on the pheromone products, buy a REALLY good cologne. The best cologne's i've found that make women go completely nuts are made by armani (black and white - also armani black aftershave lotion smells unbelievably good). Second to them are ralph lauren and then you get calvin kelin and others.

Matheau

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually there have been peer reviewed studies that have shown that pheromones do in fact work on humans. Just to name a couple more major and conclusive ones, Archives of Sexual Behavior, February 1998, and Phyiology and Behavior, March 2002, both peer reviewed journals had studies on pheromones with a pheromone and placebo group and definitively showing the pheromone group having more sexual success. Also interestingly enough, in the Archives of Sexual Behavior study, the pheromone group had a significant increase in masturbation frequency. It could be argued that maybe the men chosen for the pheromone group were just better at picking up women, but it did pass peer review and there were a good number of subjects in.

There are quite a few other peer reviewed studies with similar results. However, there is no guarantee any particular pheromone product will work. I wouldn't bother with it though. I highly doubt they would be effective enough on their own to make up for deficiencies in other areas when picking up women.

Though it should be noted that since pheromones don't have a detectable odor, it won't interfere with using a good cologne. I wouldn't bother with the pheromone products unless they have done a peer reviewed study on their particular product though.

T Money

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i've used pherlure and gotten pretty good response from women, also because it boosted my confidence like 10x because I was thinking "any woman i walk up to will want me." With that kind of attitude, you're golden either way even if you haven't 'taken a shower in 4 days.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wikipedia is written by amateurs, not a reliable "source". You might try looking Here with references to peer reviewed studies, or Here!

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Noob said:
... just to prove that its not placebo effect, you will have to act all AFC infornt of soem girls and see if they still dig ya
If you read the above referwnces, you'll find out they are only tools in your arsenal to make you more attractive, you still have to have your mack down!!

T Money

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly. It's not just going to be like "hey, wear this cologne and women will have sex with you even if you call them sluts and call them fat." You still have to work for it.

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If they are human pheremones, arent our bodys already producing them?
And also, because they are not our bodies own and are being sprayed on, will they not wrk as well?

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good_ol_boy said:
Wikipedia is written by amateurs, not a reliable "source". You might try looking Here with references to peer reviewed studies, or Here!
may i add also, wow, a whole forum about smells :crackup:

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
johnmich said:
may i add also, wow, a whole forum about smells :crackup:
Two separate ones. The first is just a distributor; the second belongs to a manufacturer. If you read through them you'll find the members bagging on the pheromones that are advertised as "spray 'em on and the women will through themselves at you".

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
johnmich said:
If they are human pheremones, arent our bodys already producing them?
And also, because they are not our bodies own and are being sprayed on, will they not wrk as well?
Are bodies produce them, we shower them off. (curse of the "ultra clean" society.)

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well the whole pheremones are theoretical experiment, theoretically smell intices the different nerves into either reminding you of a sexual plesure or sexual memory, or maby it actually gives u a little adrenaline rush of sexual "hungerness" .. well basicly theoretically it should work , but that doesnt mean that anyone has really found some working pheremones ,the different collogne companies now a days are most likely faking it , using the insecureties of man to sell a product based on theoretical experimantation...

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Morphiex said:
well the whole pheremones are theoretical experiment, theoretically smell intices the different nerves into either reminding you of a sexual plesure or sexual memory, or maby it actually gives u a little adrenaline rush of sexual "hungerness" .. well basicly theoretically it should work , but that doesnt mean that anyone has really found some working pheremones...
Excuse me, but you seem to be baseing your opinions on what you "feel" is right (this is what girls do). Should you read the current research, you will find peer reviewed studies that indicate that a pheromoneal substance called "androsterone" has been shown to induce lutenizing (sp?) hormone production, this is a sexual response. Another pheromonal substance called "androsternol" has been shown to stimulate areas in the brain related to sexual thoughts and activity.