People with Down's Syndrome: Dating and in love.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
In my spare time I watch all kinds of videos on youtube and came across several videos of people who are disabled and or with Down's Syndrome who date, fall in love, and get married.

Not to sound like an imbecile or unaware but it's simply amazing that so-called 'normal' people act all PC but tend to look down on people with Down's Syndrome when the reality is a lot of them live far better in reality.

Watching the videos I've seen really opens your eyes to basic, almost effortless logic and thinking that so-called 'normal' people SHOULD have in relationships.

It's like the mentally disabled are actually the normal people and so-called normal people are the complete morons especially when it comes to dating and falling in love.

People can really learn from watching and how relatively simple the 'mentally disabled' approach dating and life.

We 'normal' people have way too much white noise thrown at us from all angles.

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work with mentally and physically challenged people. I work with several guys and girls with downs syndrome and I will tell you, they are very loving people. They do get crushes with each other. On top of that, different guys and girls with different disabilities get crushes on each other, not just two people with downs syndrome. Do they date and all that stuff like us, not really, but they certainly talk about boys and girls and hold hands and do all that stuff. I hear them gossiping all the time about different boys and girls they like. it's quite entertaining, but also shows you they too want connection like we do. Their little relationship world is more like little kids, elementary school like.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naughty Ninja said:
It's like the mentally disabled are actually the normal people and so-called normal people are the complete morons especially when it comes to dating and falling in love
I'm just guessing here, but I bet the mentally disabled people don't have the high expectations that so-called normal people have. They're probably just thrilled to find someone else who can give them love and affection. Unlike a lot of guys on this forum who think they are settling if they don't have an HB9 or above. Or all the women we hear about who think they deserve a top 10% elite guy.

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I'm just guessing here, but I bet the mentally disabled people don't have the high expectations that so-called normal people have. They're probably just thrilled to find someone else who can give them love and affection. Unlike a lot of guys on this forum who think they are settling if they don't have an HB9 or above. Or all the women we hear about who think they deserve a top 10% elite guy.
I'd say it's also because they don't have the same fears. They can't comprehend or foresee being dumped, being cheated on or being ridiculed by the people they love. Makes dating more straightforward.

As for the high expectations.. I agree, but if I read some of the stories of American women, I can see where these guys are coming from. Not sure what to believe though, I see numbers of 1/3 of the women being obese, which to me is hard to imagine, as it's probably 1 in 40 over here. Guess I'll see it for myself when I'm in the States this Summer.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things are always more beautiful in their simplest forms.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was actually a show on this in th UK called 'the undateables' which featured people with learning difficulties/physical abnormalities. I watched it and actually thought some of it was quite sweet (no homo). Having said this there were some horrendous displays of 'AFCism' and it was greatly amplified because of their situation. It's watching if you can get a hold of it...

springWater

Reaction score
Its alright. What scares me is if they're breeding, I hear DS people have like 50% risk of another ds babies, so something is wrong with their reporduction, its damaged. That is my only concern. Its not good for the taxpayer or the genepool.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
SteR said:
There was actually a show on this in th UK called 'the undateables' which featured people with learning difficulties/physical abnormalities. I watched it and actually thought some of it was quite sweet (no homo). Having said this there were some horrendous displays of 'AFCism' and it was greatly amplified because of their situation. It's watching if you can get a hold of it...

Some of the episodes are on youtube under 'the undateables'. Going to watch it soon. Seeing previous videos on the 'mentally disabled etc' gets you thinking the mentally 'abled' in society are the real imbeciles. Things get made waay to complicated when they really don't have to be.