Peacocking: Yay or Nay?

Crown Champion

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think one of the great debate of seduction artists nowadays is if peacocking works or not: wear a loud, colourful, or stand-out wardrobe item to get a woman's attention. Now, peronsally I think it makes guys look like shameless, retarded attetnion *****s with zero social skills, but everyone's opinion is welcome and will be accepted.

Fly By Night

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really depends on the motive behind it. Doing it just for women's attention is pretty shameful, doing it because it will amuse you or just for fun then I think it's okay. Do you want women to like you because you are a great catch, or because of your shimmering rainbow pants?

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
peacocking is awesome, just make sure you don't look like Bishop Don Magic Juan.

Keep it simple.

NewAndImproved

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually get the most overt IOIs -- women approaching me, ass grab etc -- when I peacock.

I agree don't overdo it. Only one item of clothing is necessary. For example a unique jacket works, but a unique jacket and a fedora is try hard.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yuppaz said:
1. Yay
2. Nay
3. Gay

I say 3
i agree
Negs are silly as well - The whole Idea is to take her down a few pegs. Just dont put her up on a pedestal in the first place, and if shes a bvtch who thinks highly of herself - WALK AWAY knowing she has missed out.

Dont bother with the cliched PUA sh!te.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to do some shopping and I wore some slim coral chinos with the ankles rolled up, some matching leather Dexter loafers with tassles, no socks, a preppy Tommy Hilfiger belt, a nice maroon hugo boss shirt tucked in, and suspenders, and a vintage red paisley tie. I had my sleeves rolled up and on my left wrist I had a nautical sort of themed bronze watch with a leather strap, and a kiel patrick james nautical rope twist with brass anchor wrapped around as well.

Just walking around, with composure and good posture, establishing a commanding presence, taking up space, etc., I noticed girls giving me so many more IOI's than usual, i.e. than if I've just ducked into the shops after crossfit wearing shorts and a t shirt and runners.

Girls were smiling towards, and they were like, really warm, welcoming smiles, not sarcastic mocking smiles. Wherever I sat down anywhere, within a short while hot cute girls would establish proximity to me and send furtive, adoring glances in my direction.

I've got no clue how to run mall game, so I just enjoyed the positive female attention I was receiving passively, but to answer the question with regards to "peacocking", I think yes.

If you can make yourself look striking and make people notice you, its only going to be a good thing. As long as you don't come off as a clown.

Heartiste had a good post not so long ago about how guys who were good at peacocking naturally scored higher on tests measuring the dark triad of womanizer traits: narcissism, sociopathy and Machiavellianism.

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/evidence-that-peacocking-works/

Recent research has found that people with so-called “dark” personality traits are more physically attractive than others. [...]

Nicholas Holtzman and Michael Strube of Washington University in St. Louis were interested in looking at the relationship between physical attractiveness and people’s tendencies towards narcissism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism. They wanted to find out whether these three traits, referred to as the “dark triad,” are associated with a greater ability to successfully enhance one’s physical appearance.

To test this idea, they invited 111 college students (64 percent women) into their laboratory. Each student was photographed soon after they arrived. Then, after taking this initial photograph, each student asked to change out of their own clothes and put on a pair of gray sweatpants and a t-shirt. Women were instructed to remove any makeup, and anyone with long hair was asked to pull it back into a ponytail. The students were then photographed in this more natural state. Holtzman and Strube showed both sets of photographs to a group of strangers who rated them in terms of physical attractiveness. By comparing the attractiveness ratings of the dressed-down and dressed-up students, the researchers were able to determine how much each student was able to make themselves more appealing through flashy clothes, makeup, accessories, etc.

Next Holtzman and Strube assessed the students’ personalities and their tendencies towards narcissism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism. They asked the students to rate themselves and to provide email addresses for a few of their friends so that the researchers could ask them to provide ratings as well. This combination of self and peer ratings was used to calculate a final set personality scores for each student. Furthermore, the students’ ratings on narcissism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism were combined into create a composite “dark triad” score.

The dark triad score was positively correlated with their “dressed-up” attractiveness – a finding that mirrors previous findings. However, the dark triad score was not related to ratings of physical attractiveness in the dressed-down photos. In other words, people with dark personality traits are not seen as more physically attractive than others when you take away their freedom to wear their own clothes and makeup. People with dark personalities seem to be better at making themselves physically appealing.

The findings reinforce previous research showing that narcissists are more popular than others, literally at first sight.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Purefilth said:
i agree
Negs are silly as well - The whole Idea is to take her down a few pegs. Just dont put her up on a pedestal in the first place, and if shes a bvtch who thinks highly of herself - WALK AWAY knowing she has missed out.

Dont bother with the cliched PUA sh!te.
^This

I wore an L E D Belt (and sometimes a F u z e necklace) in my early game days. I got lots of compliments on it, from GUYS <eyeroll>.
Plus i noticed that all the guys that were leaving with girls were dressed normal. I retired the belt shortly after.

Now I just try to pick out the coolest shirt. But I don't consider it "peacocking" just dressing well.

The neg thing is off-topic, but I agree. If she's so F-ed up that you have to put her down to get her, I'm not interested.

SJ413

Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple, if its something you want to wear, sure. If it feels weird, and you generally don't like the outfit, no. It's kinda easy for most anyone to see a try-hard. Personally never been my thing, I've got my own style that one could consider a slightly-altered casual outfit. Then again, I'm not a big PUA, nor do i have any desire to be.

TheWolfMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never personally tried peacocking, but I don't think it really matters unless your game is tight. I've had multiple girls tell me that if a guy can pull off a plain t-shirt (white, black, or grey) that they think it is sexy. I mean I have an athletic build, and its all about the fit with the clothes. As long as you're comfortable and the clothes fit right, you should be able to pull chicks. They will be able to tell if you're uncomfortable or just wore something for the sake of peacocking and this doesn't exude confidence.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adam Carolla explaining the value of peacocking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_mFK_e4KWs

Pick a direction. The guys who suffer the most are directionally rudderless, in the middle of the road. Women are like Hollywood casting agents, typecasting a look in their next leading role. Master your image.
Law 6: Court Attention at all Cost
Everything is judged by its appearance; what is unseen counts for nothing. Never let yourself get lost in the crowd, then, or buried in oblivion. Stand out. Be conspicuous, at all cost. Make yourself a magnet of attention by appearing larger, more colorful, more mysterious, than the bland and timid masses.

Law 25: Re-Create Yourself
Do not accept the roles that society foists on you. Re-create yourself by forging a new identity, one that commands attention and never bores the audience. Be the master of your own image rather than letting others define if for you. Incorporate dramatic devices into your public gestures and actions – your power will be enhanced and your character will seem larger than life.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^ Good stuff. +1

You can peacock. You should peacock. You should be smart about it, though.

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
d!ckmojo said:
Yesterday I went to do some shopping and I wore some slim coral chinos with the ankles rolled up, some matching leather Dexter loafers with tassles, no socks, a preppy Tommy Hilfiger belt, a nice maroon hugo boss shirt tucked in, and suspenders, and a vintage red paisley tie. I had my sleeves rolled up and on my left wrist I had a nautical sort of themed bronze watch with a leather strap, and a kiel patrick james nautical rope twist with brass anchor wrapped around as well.

Just walking around, with composure and good posture, establishing a commanding presence, taking up space, etc., I noticed girls giving me so many more IOI's than usual, i.e. than if I've just ducked into the shops after crossfit wearing shorts and a t shirt and runners.

Girls were smiling towards, and they were like, really warm, welcoming smiles, not sarcastic mocking smiles. Wherever I sat down anywhere, within a short while hot cute girls would establish proximity to me and send furtive, adoring glances in my direction.

I've got no clue how to run mall game, so I just enjoyed the positive female attention I was receiving passively, but to answer the question with regards to "peacocking", I think yes.

If you can make yourself look striking and make people notice you, its only going to be a good thing. As long as you don't come off as a clown.

Heartiste had a good post not so long ago about how guys who were good at peacocking naturally scored higher on tests measuring the dark triad of womanizer traits: narcissism, sociopathy and Machiavellianism.

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/evidence-that-peacocking-works/
Two thumbs up and a REP for this. I think some of us probably have different definitions of what "peacocking" is, regarding how far you have to go. D!ckmojo decided to roll with a slightly edgy style, but loaded with class and self-awareness. Most girls could visualize themselves walking next to him, arm in arm, to a restaurant or concert. Real-world stuff. The LED mouth grills and pink feather boas... Not so much.

The Gambler

Stryker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking unique will always work in your favour, but dressing up in silly clothes purely for the sake of attracting more girls is ridiculous. I don't care how successful Mystery has been, I think he's a d***.

Having said that, whenever I'm on a date with a girl, I will always wear this cool shell bracelet my niece made for me. It doesn't stand out very much and I wouldn't class it as 'peacocking' as such, but I'll always wear it. Sure, it looks a bit tacky and amateur, but it still gets commented on, and the look in the girl's eyes when I tell her my niece made it is priceless.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crown Champion said:
I think one of the great debate of seduction artists nowadays is if peacocking works or not: wear a loud, colourful, or stand-out wardrobe item to get a woman's attention. Now, peronsally I think it makes guys look like shameless, retarded attetnion *****s with zero social skills, but everyone's opinion is welcome and will be accepted.
Like the brother in that movie Seventeen again :D . It could work when it comes to peacocking. In that one he finds out she speaks elvish and then they begin to speak elvish to eachother. You never know man.