Peacocking in College

anamchara

Don Juan
Reaction score
my thoughts

I personally like peacocking. I look for things that give girls an opportunity to comment about... for me, it's not simply about standing out; you could do that by wearing underwear on your head.

Rather, I work on getting noticed initially for my demeanor, looks, and the way I carry myself. I use peacocking items so the woman will have an excuse to approach me without making herself vulnerable.

Think about it, AFC's run into this problem approaching girls all the time. When an AFC sees a gorgeous girl, he looks for something to compliment her on. After all, saying "hey, nice shoes" is a lot less risky than, "Hi, my name's AFC and I find you really attractive". The problem is, too many guys open with "hey nice shoes"-esque comments, so girls are wise to it. As PUA's, we've created canned openers (e.g. "can I get a female opinion") to fill in the gap.

Girls, however, can still get away with the "hey, nice shoes" kind of bit. Therefore, you want to make it easy for them. By wearing cool, wierd, or unique stuff out, we are making it easier for them to make a low risk comment, like "hey, nice rings".

That said, I'm currently using bracelets for peacocking. I went to Urban Outfitters and saw these rubber band things they sell to go around beer cans. They look alot like the rubber band bracelets that are really popular right now, but they say things like "egomaniac", "high maintenance", "tease", "slut", "control freak" , etc.

Girls comment on them occasionally. Once they've opened, I can work my magic... and it's a lot easier because they are the pursuer, not me.

That's my two cents at least.

~~anamchara

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aside from peacocking...

In general if you're trendy and well dressed guy. normally girls will pass looks to you, even if you might not get complimented on a "peacock" accessory, being well groomed and not stink should always be priority and always beneficial.

Since fall's been coming along i noticed outerwear is always helpful. As it makes anyone look better than the t-shirt/jean look.
I notice this on myself too...probably cause been wearing t-shirts all summer and now it's fall starting, so time to wear different jackets.

anamchara

Don Juan
Reaction score
also

just another thought...
When guys say "hey, nice shoes" it's almost always written off by the girl as a weak-@ss attempt to chat her up.

When a girl says it, however, it means that 1.) you really do have good shoes. and 2.) she's making a weak@ass attempt to talk to you. Run with it if she opens you with a comment about your shoes.

I was just thinking about this more, and I realized that my shoes totally got this hb 8.9 to open me on Wednesday...

shoes are big. no doubt. I've heard Mystery and David D. talk about the power of shoes, and the more I think about it, they're absolutely right.

RockstarPUA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Xaneous,

Ignore the guys that are bashing peackocking. I've done it and it works 100% as long as you have the personality to back it up.
These guys haven't gone out and tried it.

Try to make it fit in with your normal wardrobe somewhat.

A top hat would work and a glow in the dark shirt would too! :)

~Rockstar

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RockstarPUA
Xaneous,

Ignore the guys that are bashing peackocking. I've done it and it works 100% as long as you have the personality to back it up.
These guys haven't gone out and tried it.

Very true, often the clothes you wear backup your personality and vice versa.

Of course if those times you wear something you're uncomfortable with, then you'll come off as a fake.

And many times ppl never change their wardrobe, just because their personality/character never really changes.
One of my friends wears the type of clothes he wore from h.s...
Sneakers, carpenter Jeans, complete black/white t-shirt or long sleeve which is also black/white....Talk about BORING. He hasnt changed much from h.s. so i'd understand why

Clothing speaks a lot about you, always keep it in mind when you go shopping.

CrizzleGA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phrozen
What do you guys think of the belt buckles with a scrolling marquee? If you put something clever on there I think it would be a good idea.
I have one of those belts when I was in high school in FL everyone loved it now that I moved to GA and attending college I wouldnt even wear it. I get enough people lookin at me thinking what the **** is that kid thinking. My attitude towards everyone has turned from very social and outgoing to **** all yall.

darth yoda

Don Juan
Reaction score
Things that I've been complented on by girls on campus are:

-trilby hat
-kangol cap
-varsity type jacket with designs on it
-cotton blazer
-nice pair of shades (several different pairs/colors)

Things they don't comment on but I can tell they notice are:

-nice shoes
-my muscles bulging out of my tight shirts
-nice pair of jeans or slacks
-silver bracelet
-silver necklace with guitar pendant (yes I'm a musician)

Standing out from the crowd will definitely draw negative attention and hard looks from jealous guys and ugly girls. But who cares what they think.

Just work with whatever your personal style is, and try to wear at least one item that can be a conversation starter.