Peacocking: Does it lower your value?

DeeperGame

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate MM and stuff like that but I was thinking the other day, doesn't peacocking actually act as a DLV? I mean It's not like peacocks actually seperate themselves from the crowd with their tails, they're more like muscles on men if I've understodd right. So wouldn't actually fitting in be more evolutionary logical? Peacocking means you don't fit in thus your genes don't populate the gene pool THUS they're not beneficial

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're thinking way too much.

Try out a bunch of things and see what works for you. What you "logically conclude" will happen can be, and often is, different from the actual outcome.

Peacocking is a way to separate yourself from the crowd and spark intrigue. But remember that sparks die quickly if there isn't a source of fuel.

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think peackocking is pretty dumb. the only reason to do it is if you have MAD game.

because hte only thing about peacocking is that people in the club remember you... for better or for worse. they either remmeber you as the guy whose dancing with a million girls and has girls kissing him left and right, or they remmeber him as the guy standing in the corner for 60% of the time.

just 1 low value move getting seen by someone is enough to shut down your peackocking night.

DeeperGame

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm all natural game but still I keep thinking it's more high value to be like the coolest fitting in you know, trends and stuff. I mean I think dressing like an A&F model would be mad value.

But I don't give a **** what I wear, it's all on the inside baby :rockon:

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't have the swagger to back it up, probably. If u have game/swag, it really doesn't matter too much, but if u have game, social proof, and u peacock too, I think its definitely another bullet in the clip. It just can't be ur only bullet in the clip, then ur just weird. If its one of many, than peeps just say ur different.

HoneyHitter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Peacocking only works when you don't look for approval.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Ace_Magnamus said:
those guys are fools. peacocking doesnt work anymore
Unless the guy is attractive or rich as hell! Now that there was a show on VH1, that made the game that much harder because a lot of guys are copying that stuff!

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
nismo-4 said:
Unless the guy is attractive or rich as hell! Now that there was a show on VH1, that made the game that much harder because a lot of guys are copying that stuff!
i saw an ugly guy last week peacocking. he got laughed out of the bar. they try to look cool or stand out. those guys are fools. yeah a lot of chicks know what those guys are up to so that ruined their game. it f'd up the rich guys game too.

HoneyHitter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wearing funny hats is not the only way of peacocking. Anything that makes you stand out can be considered peacocking.

Last edited:

DeeperGame

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace_Magnamus said:
those guys are fools. peacocking doesnt work anymore

I don't get it did DNA change or what it's supposed to be evolutionary psychology right?

DeeperGame

Don Juan
Reaction score
HoneyHitter said:
Wearing funny hats is not the only way of peacocking. Anything that makes you stand out can be considered peacocking.
Like what tatoos and stuff? Got any examples?

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DeeperGame said:
HoneyHitter said:
Like what tatoos and stuff? Got any examples?
Here.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the clothes do not make the man. the man makes the clothing.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wearing a big exclamation point is always a mistake. The trick is to make it seamless with your personality and style.

I have a blue-and-white Cambodian scarf of somewhat unusual design I wear sometimes. it's not outlandish. it doesn't grab your attention. But because it goes with whatever I'm wearing, people notice it.

jt4aa

Don Juan
Reaction score
I high value man who peacocks increases his value.

A low value man who peacocks decreases his value.

The importance of my statement is that focus on value is what counts.

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
peacocking means that your genetics are SOOOOOOOOO good that despite these obvious genetic differences or abnormalities, that your genetics are good enough to have you still alive and surviving.

Basically, despite the weirdness, the strength of your other (mystery) attributes are compensating strongly, thus you are still alive. I peacock like a mother ****er. But I dont wear goggles and ****. Thats gay.

TheMale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lemme tell you something about peacocking

the main idea is to get some positive attention not negatif
so with all this MM and all that stuff that Mystery actually wearing its sucks
sure he's getting attention but negatif

i saw him wearing binocular and platform boots .. personally i see someone like this i just laughing to death

i'm not saying it's not a good idea ... just saying it can be cool if it's done the right way

i do it sometimes by wearing a yellow watch and a yellow polo
or maybe a purple shirt and purple shoes ... etc ...

i can consider myself as a well dressed man ... yeah kind of praising myself but it's true according to all the people around me ...
i'm a mix between Barney Stinson (how i met your mother) and Chuck Bass (gossip girl) and it's kind of peacocking but it's positive

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My idea of peacocking is something real-not something that can be faked, like attitude or other vain bs. Peacocking is a DHV, but here's the thing about value: it has to be earned. You can only truly value that which you have earned, and the same holds true for others looking at you. All of man's values are to be found in that which he has earned: the wealth he has amassed through intelligent effort and discipline, the love he has earned by being worthy of receiving, the character he has built by establishing his own values, the honor he has achieved by doing the thing others could not do.

So for me, the ultimate form of peacocking is a factory on the edge of town with my name on it in big, bold letters. This is the single driving force of my life-it is the reason I save and invest 80% of my income, it is the reason I make the best money I've ever made and I still live like a poor man.

It isn't easy to earn a value. That's the catch with "earning it"-you must be willing to pay the price. Anyone who tells you that you can take an easy shortcut, that you can attain high value status by being an a$$hole and a bum, is only a bum himself who is trying to appeal to the weakness inside both you and himself.

Know the truth: that you can only DHV by actually becoming a man of high value. And you become a man of high value by knowing that you have it inside you to be a hero, to be a man who overcame long odds and forged himself into adamantium steel from the raw ore he was born into this world as.

Do not ignore that voice inside you that cries for greatness-let it be the sole decider of your life. All you have to do is believe in yourself and be willing to spare yourself nothing in the pursuit of your ideal self.