Part-time business ideas?

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

I need some ideas on starting a part-time business.

My assets are as follows:

1...Own my own home.
2...I have a good 40 hour a week job (which I love).
3...No bills to speak of.
4...Top of the line credit rating.
5...Spare cash.
6...Single (do not have to answer a wife)

Questions:

Does anyone here have a part-time business or any ideas to start one?

Does anyone here have a business partner? (how is it working out?)

If you had the assets listed above what type of business would you start?

cave dweller

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one more question.........

One more question:

If you have a business idea what is the reason or reasons that you can not get it off of the ground?

ie:

1...Lack of funds
2...Lack of equipment
3...Fear
4...What?

cave dweller

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
of those 4 options... my reason is number 4. I am not respected enough in the business community, as I don't have the necessary experience. I've got thousands of business ideas, no feasibility studies, and zero financial assistance.

My question to you is, why should I even bother to start a part-time business? Why do YOU want to start a part time business? Why don't you come up with these ideas on your own, why are you wasting my time even asking?

I hate asking questions, but I am trying to be nice, plaese teach me a lesson and kick my ass so I don't do it anymore, I've lost friends because I ask too many questions. I can get the answer from being an ass, but hey, good business practice does not come from wasting another persons time. So please, if you even bother with the subject, you must be able to make me feel the same passion.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: one more question.........

Originally posted by cave dweller

If you have a business idea what is the reason or reasons that you can not get it off of the ground?

1...Lack of funds
2...Lack of equipment
3...Fear
4...What?
Lack of info and lack of experience. An idea is just an idea, but once you start its implementation and paying money to make it work, there are millions things that can go wrong if you don't know the process, it do not have experience.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cave dweller
1...Own my own home.
2...I have a good 40 hour a week job (which I love).
3...No bills to speak of.
4...Top of the line credit rating.
5...Spare cash.
6...Single (do not have to answer a wife)

Does anyone here have a part-time business or any ideas to start one?
If you had the assets listed above what type of business would you start?
You have a very good assets. How about a lazy RE since you want it to be part time?
1. You buy a land (Downpayment - yes, but you don't spend too much time here)
2. You get a constaruction loan (Should be ok, your credit score is good)
3. You hire a general contractor who will build a house for you on yoru land (if you spent about 100k on the construction, he will wnat probably about 30% of that)
4. Sit and wait until he finish his job and slowly pay the loan. Should take less than a year.
5. Sell the just-built house. Assuming the house is small, before taxes you can get about 40k or aorund it in profit.
If you put it more efforts you can be a general contractor yourself, i.e. save 30k and up. But this requires much more time.

Advantages:
- Little time required.
- Little work required.
Disadvatanges:
- Lots of paper work
- Lots of supervising if they are doing what you want them to be doing
- Require some cash for two downpayments and some income to pay off the loan during one year.

Cappy da pimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres plenty of oppurtunity out there! Can you do minor construction or landscaping or even painting? Always money there. What about your current job can you find a way to make more money doing what your already doing? Take a look at your interests and hobbies and see if there is something there.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cappy da pimp
Theres plenty of oppurtunity out there! Can you do minor construction or landscaping or even painting? Always money there. What about your current job can you find a way to make more money doing what your already doing? Take a look at your interests and hobbies and see if there is something there.
Do you have a green thumb?
you know some seeds, a 1000w light and your in business...