Parents

kegger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I am not sure if this is a problem for the rest of you but I would like some advice.

I am quite as it is and really don't tell my parents much of anything. Well, I have been known to pass up opportunities with girls because I didn't want to tell my parents.

I want to know how you guys overcame/overcome this anxiety and let your mom know who you are dating.

Also, what is the best piece of advice you can give to avoid LJBF?

Kegger

drummer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually tell my parents that I went over to her house for a study group or something.. works pretty well.

Avoid being friended by not being her just her friend. All your actions should show that you are not her friend, but way more, and if she can't realize it, tough luck for her.

TheBadassador

Don Juan
Reaction score
Parents were kids once too. I have found that my parents were actually happy when I went out or went to some girl's house. At least for me they felt that dating was a good thing.

Just be honest, it may seem awkward at first, but really parents are pretty much understanding. I was also nervous the first time I told my parents I went out with a girl, but I found that they really deal with a son's dating pretty well. Of course this is only me, but I don't think parents would get mad about it.

Sachiel

Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems that everyone here hit the nail right on the head. If you just tell them, I'm sure they would understand.

-Sachiel, DJ in Training

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My parents do not allow dating, so I simply do not tell them. Lying occasionally and "not telling the truth" a lot of the time really sucks, but what can you do. They're great otherwise, just really strict.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lie about where you are going. or go on double dates and just neglect to mention the girls coming to your parents.
or get ur license.

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea i kinda feel the same way... tho its really not a valid feeling. why would ur parents be mad ur dating? if anything it seems like ur dad at least would be proud of you. but as far as staying away from bein in ljbf mode the thing that works best for me is to try and make funny little ****y comments that have a slightly sexual connotation/ can be interpreted sexually because chicks never think sexually about someone who's just a friend.