Parents

42-Colrath

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you guys act around your parents? I never get along with my parents. We always fight and then I have to go out and try and work my game like it all never happened. Sometimes I cant go places because my dad will be too pi$$ed or something. I dont even do anything wrong. I get good grades and have a job. What should I do? Everytime I try and make up with them I just feel too mad at them to do it. They can be strict too. They can screw up my game pretty easily. I think if I got along with my parents I would probably never have any problems during my day. Also a lot of times I have to act like a jerk out there in the world then I have to come home and be all nice when your parents are all gay to you. I just cant take it. I think this is pretty stupid because im a 17 year old being held back by my parents. You guys ever have problems like this?

hi2u

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of these guys you're competing with at school that are "badasses" don't have parents that care about them, so they're able to do what they want, when they want, which gives them that natural "badass" edge. Most likely your parents care about you and are (wrongly) overbearingly strict. Just chalk it up to being a more stable, rational person in the long run. You're 17 and you'll be out of there soon.

42-Colrath

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea but im going into my senior year and I wanna have a good relationship with them in the long run. Senior year is the year I need to have fun and tie up all the loose ends

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man, i hav the same problem. its gets annoying at times but any normal person wit parents truly loves them......so wut u should do is be nice to them when theyre around (even when youre not in the mood, u gotta force youself), do ur chores and maybe even a lil extra work to show them that u care....then theyll prolly ease up on u a bit cus they know ur a good kid and can be trusted. that should be enough for now cus u only got a year left til college anyway (like me)

jus think about how lifes gonna be without them and make the time u hav wit em pleasant....dont get into a lotta arguments n everythin will be cool

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah sometimes I have that problem too. -_-

Usually what works is doing something extra. But then if you start doing something extra all the time, it just becomes expected. -_-

Steg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice to know I'm not alone :) BTW I'm 18 out of school and studying A levels...

There aint **** you can do , not gonna hapen short of a small miracle so the you just gotta find ways of working around it. I supose the basic idea is to apear a total lamo and say your going to the chess club or something , but an image you need for this to hapen aint gonna help your game.

**** chalk this up to ****, I'm in no position to be handing out advice on this subject. *Flipsyde's someday*

42-Colrath

Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the hardest things to do is come home from a bad day and have to deal with their crap. That is when I get in trouble. For example, ill have a horrible date then i'll come home and my dad will yell at me for not putting the toaster away. Then a fight breaks out right after that. Im glad im not the only one also

BacardiGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I have a pretty good relationship with mine... all 4. My parents are divorced and both are remarried. It's really a matter of knowing how to act around them, and making compromises to keep them satisfied. Sure there's the occassional fight, but nothing that ever goes unresolved.

It's definitely beneficial I think, being on good terms with them.