Paper and phone numbers

Alanxxl

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

For those of you who have practiced cold approaches and get girls phone number.

Is there any advise as to what kind of paper you guys carry so that you don't look too obvious?

PS. I'm 26 and I have never done cold approaches and performed the number close, but I want to get this part of my life handled. I will begin bootcamp this thursday.

Thanks

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I nominate this for "Weirdest question of the year".

Paper is paper. It's small, it's thin. You can use napkins, a folded sheet of looseleaf, or even paper money if you need to. I'm wondering why you'd even use paper to begin with - a cell phone is something you carry around with you, and it's got this cool ability to store people's names and numbers in it. :p

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe the guy doesn't have/cannot afford a cell phone.

I think it would be good to carry somethign around that doesn't make it look like you are trying to pick up chicks, like she just caught your eye, and you gave her a chance, as it were.

Like a crumpled up receipt or something. Don't go after it all frantic-like, be smooth and casually reach into your pocket, like it was just the first thing that came out.

Delta Male

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's usually not an issue. If I don't have my cell, or paper and pen, the chick has one in her purse 90% of the time. If not, I just ask a passerby or a store clerk for one. Don't worry about "what kind of paper" to use. Unless it's like used toilet paper or something, it really doesn't matter.

-Dan

http://www.rapidsocialimpact.com

Alanxxl

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies Diablo, StrangeButTrue, Delta Male.

Yes I do have a cell phone, but I was under the impression that using pen and paper was perhaps more natural.

The one thing that bothers me with the cell phone is when you enter people names as I find it cumbersome.

nonstop

Don Juan
Reaction score
if I'm in a club I normally ask the bar man/door man for a pen an paper or use a flyer.

I once picked up an American girl once, got her number and stuffed it in my pocket but i forgot I had a hole in that pocket, when I got home the number had gone, haha. then I saw her a week or so later and she was all disappointed that I hadn't called.