Paintballing

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, i just went for the 1st time today and it was fvcking awesome lol, i got shot in the head twice :(...no not the facemask...my head! Im thinking of buying a gun but my parents wont let me, i went to the field and i see 10 year olds with their own guns..would you recommend i get a gun, even though ill be playing once in a while, here and there?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd highly recommend you go a few more times before you buy.

That being said, I have my own gun(2 actually) and they were the best purchase I've made in awhile. A big group of guys near me heads to an abandoned industrial lot a few times a month and we have a blast, then clean up and head to the bars. Going to the ball fields is pretty expensive, like $30 bucks to get on for a few games, so we tend to avoid those. Paint can get expensive as well, $40-90 for a box of 2000 which drains for me in like a month. Don't wanna leave em around too long either or they'll go stale.

Only buy if you have friends who will do so as well, or else you might be stuck with $500.00 worth of marker & gear sitting in your closet.

Get an entry level marker(tippmann 98, Icon Z) if you do get into it though.

for the record, I own a Tippman pro/carbine and a Zeus G2.

If you want, I'll sell you my carbine... I want to get a 2nd pistol instead. My speedball days are over(haha not that pro/carbine is much of a speedball gun), and more interested in having a good time than performance.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
I got the tippman pro/carbine as the rental today, i didnt like it much becuase the tank weighed it down from the bottom and it seemed very inaccurate, or maybe it was me. I dont have any places around me that i can go to play around in, only a park with little cover and houses around.

goldenrocker91

Don Juan
Reaction score
im a pretty experience paintball player and i recommend you play AT LEAST 2 more times. then if you want you can sepdn like $80 for a tipmann 98 custom. that gun will last for 10 years easily lol. I bit of a nicer electronic gun is the smart parts ion. that goes for around $200.

Ravenous

Don Juan
Reaction score
been playing for 8 years, i shoot a shocker. I'm kinda nutty when it comes to paintball.

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been playing for a few years, im shooting a PM7 atm but trying to trade for an 07' Cyborg. I started with an Ion and I WONT reccomend it, as its pricy to get the necesary upgrades and it sucks to maintnence. Id say for the same price get a Promaster, but be prepared to blow 400-500 on a setup b/c you cant shoot CO2 etc. Also I agree with playing a few times to make sure you deticated. I own b/c i'm sponsored on a team and I need to be deticated, if your just a rec baller buy a lower end or rent for a bit.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was probably just the paint that was inaccurate not the gun.

Alot of speedballers want faster guns, if you're into speedball, don't get a pro/carbine. If I was gonna rebuy everything, I'd get a tippmann A5, solid marker. Icon's got a few decent electronic sticks, spyder is okay.. wouldnt go for an ion tho.

What you should do is go next time, find a dude with a shooter that you like the look of, and ask him or her to try it next round.

if u don't like the weight of the tank out back, its no worries... just buy a drop forward or better yet a hose(wear the tank in a harness around your waist)