Operation: Carpe Noctem

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Allright...I want to sneak out of my house at night, chill with buds, get laid, etc. However, my house has an alarm that covers every window and door to my knowledge and beeps whenever it's deactivated (covering with a cloth doesn't work, the beeping is from inside the wall or something). My parents activate it every night then come say goodnight and all, and hence I'm stuck inside for the night with no feasible escape route. Any suggestions?

And if you're going to suggest not sneaking out, that's what I've been doing, and I don't drink or smoke...I'd just go to friends houses, or watev happens to be the reason to escape. Nothing illegal except driving past curfew.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got an idea, I just need some quick info: Does it beep when activated too? Is there a real way to tell if it's active or not?

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It beeps when any buttons are pushed (though differently for activation/deactivation/screwing around, I've thought of "setting" it myself) and there are lights that indicate if it is active or not

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was gonna say, just set it so it's on before your parents do, so when they set it, it turns off.

Though AFK might have something there. ;)

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Find a door that your folks can't check (side garage door or something maybe?) and leave it open, so you can go out and in it without them finding out.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Side garage door works but I'd have to get to the garage first, and the door to that is under the alarm...and seeing as I have to be home either 11:30 or midnight (with occasional exceptions), asking wouldn't work. I have one way to get out, but I have to plan it in advance...I go out to "see a movie" at 9 or so, which ends too late for getting home at a decent hour...come home, chill for a little, then go. However, if my friend IMs me at 1am and says to come over, I'm screwed so far.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
does the alarm set off when the handle turns and the lock unclicks, or when the doors actually swing? if the first, then why not just put a piece of tape over the place that closes it, or maybe just open it a crack so you can get out?

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, sounds like the movie The Great Escape! Seriously, just ask your parents to stop being so strict and let you out later!

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It won't work, they don't want me out past 11:30-midnight. And where's the fun and challenge in that?

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Need-2-B-Pimpin
Allright...I want to sneak out of my house at night, chill with buds, get laid, etc.
Aw... but your parents don't? What are you to do?! Your parent's actually give a ****! :( THE HORROR!

If your parents are that concerned, you probably shouldn't be out that late anyway. If you must, just leave anyway and tell them to **** themselves if they have a problem with it.

:cool:

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just go to your friends house and stay over night?

Thats how I do it but I don't do it very often.

You would already be there anyway. At least my parents don't give a flying sh!t if I am out late.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got caring parents and I'm grateful for that because otherwise I'd be a loser goin nowhere in life without their guidance. I respect them enough to generally follow their rules and I understand why they put them there, but sometimes I'd just rather break free and run wild for a few hours...I know enough that I'm not going to fvck myself over with a few hours of freedom in the middle of the night.

Stupid beeping.

localboy_fmx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go in the basement and turn off every circut breaker in the box and then simply turn them back on when you get back.

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't recommend anybody doing this, since it will lessen the protection of your house and family if not place back correctly. But here is a lesson on how things work.

Pick a window.

Open it, look at the bottom plane where the window was lying. You will see a circular shape where the sensor is. Usually it is covered with paint. Then use that as a guide to find the other part of it, which is glued to the bottom of the window, hidden from view. One could simply remove it, if it ever need to be replaced, since it is held with glue gun type glue. Then it can be place it on top of the sensor to see if it works. But if left like this the window now can be slightly cracked or open, without the alarm knowing.

Next week's lesson, how to pick locks. LOL j/k

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, it's on the side...how sensitive is it though? If I just tape it onto the reciever part will it still register as safe?

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Need-2-B-Pimpin
Actually, it's on the side...how sensitive is it though? If I just tape it onto the reciever part will it still register as safe?
You needs-2-b-finding-out. See what works.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, dammit...I need some time home alone without neighbors to hear the alarm.