Only regret

4afe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like many people have many small regrets like not buying pepsi when it was on sale, yet one regret that nags at me when I am trying to sleep or trying to study is the regret of all those missed chances. For me it is one of the hardest things to overcome, yeah sure I can forget it for a while but it will always come back to me when I lest expect it. It is one of the worst feelings to have, it is like a bottomless pit capable of eating a man alive. It is not some thing you can put a band-aid over and call it fixed it is some thing that will always come back to you.

Yet my past filled with missed opportunities still haunts my wakeing hours. For those of you have never experinced this, it is hard to explain it but for those of you who are like I was it is very real. Those of you who found this site and are changeing I tip my hat to you. Still no matter how hard I try and how much it hurts later I still lose it and dont take the shot. That is why I think it hurts more than ever, I know it will hurt later yet still I do nothing to make the intial conv. Then I look back at my actions and I laugh, I think how foolish I have become and how foolish I will stay. I decided to write this, on my own will, I do not expect any input from you I just wanted to get this out there and hopefuly help some one realize

the one thing that can never be repaired is true regret

Ryan

Reaction score
Get over it kid - you are only 18 years-old. You sound like a 70 year-old man, for crying out loud!!!!

balengar

Don Juan
Reaction score
"the things we regret most in life are the things we DIDN'T DO."
--me

"sometimes you gotta just say 'what the ****' and make your move."
--miles, from Risky Business

i say, you gotta ALWAYS say what the ****. just go for it/just do it.

4afe

Don Juan
Reaction score
"get over it Kid" I'm sorry but I am not a child. In my eyes if I a old enough to fight and die for my country as are MANY of my friends (Yes, some of my firends have DIED in this "war on IRAQ")! I dont think I should be called a "Kid" , Sorry for the explosion of anger but, you my friend have no idea. Besides I think you missed the point of my post, and that in its self is sad.

Ryan

Wubbman

Don Juan
Reaction score
PRL, I think he is using this as a warning to others, not as a place to cry.;)

baracus

Don Juan
Reaction score
STFU!, you are a kid, dumbass. I'm sorry about your friends, I lost my cousing in the first Gulf War, but you know what--they died as kids. Just because you are 18, and can legally smoke cigarettes, join the military, get into a strip joint, or whatever, does not negate the fact that you are still a kid.

4afe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by baracus
STFU!, you are a kid, dumbass. I'm sorry about your friends, I lost my cousing in the first Gulf War, but you know what--they died as kids. Just because you are 18, and can legally smoke cigarettes, join the military, get into a strip joint, or whatever, does not negate the fact that you are still a kid.

I am sorry I dont understand your thought process.... You can tell me "why I am a Kid" but you cant tell me what constitiutes as being a "kid". Besides by US Law I am an adult so you should take it up with your state rep, Sorry I dont make laws, change laws or any of that $hit so YOU ARE WRONG I AM AN ADULT! I would like to know where you get your information from to form these opinions of an 18 year old being a minor. You should really re-think it all.
If you are talking in terms of life expectancey as in I am a "kid" becuase today most men live well into their 70's. Again you are wrong I could die tomorrow and that would make me an adult at age 5 and 8 months. So again your reasoning is all messed up. What the hell is wrong with you buddy? you think I am on here to make enemies? My post was to warn, now I have this guy telling me I am a child and you telling me some sobb story (yes a sob story, I used my example with context you did not so yours was an unsolicited sob story).

Hey no hard feelings Friend

Ryan

baracus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, by law you are an adult. However, 18 is such an arbitrary number. If someone were to murder someone at the age of 14, then he'd be an adult all of a sudden in most states. There are "22" year old kids, there are "30" year old kids, etc. It's not the fact that you are 18 that makes you a kid; it's that you have not experienced life yet. I, however, don't know why you'd be ashamed of such a title.

For all I know, though, I could be wrong. Maybe your on your own completely, paying your own bills, being responsible for yourself; you may have already experienced the triumphs of life's highs, and yet fallen victim to its vicious indifference; you may have felt that lonely, burdensome anguish of your existence, or at other times you may have relished in it. Yes, you could be the wisest 18-year old in all the land.

But then again, you're only f***ing 18! BTW, my story wasn't meant to be a sob story; I just used my example to point out the fact that even though my 19-year old cousin died in a war, it did not make him a man.

Anyways, I wish I could be 18 -- a kid -- again. Only, I would not be ashamed to acknowledge myself as such.

4afe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I took offence to it because of your tone and diction, by starting your post as "STFU!". Besides traditionally when a person is referred to as a "kid" it is a put down, I must come from a completely differen place than you if calling some one a "kid" doesnt really mean any thing, other than inexperience. I would like to add Yes I have been through my fair share of Sh1t in life more so than most people I know. I am not ashamed of a false title "kid".

Reaction score
4afe - relax dude, you took my post out of context!!

When people talk about regrets, it is usually adults that are far beyond childhood. A 70 year old man has 50 years of adulthood to reflect upon and thus has more exoerience to have regrets than a 18 year old who has 0 years of adult experience. Things you did in the last 18 years can't be held too closely to your thinking because you were a child - and when I was a child I thought as a child, but not that I am a man, I have put childish thinking away.

A man (versus a child) has the experience and reasoning ability to make the right decisions throughout life, so when he makes the 'wrong' decision (drugs, hors, etc.) he knew he made the wrong decision because of the results and ill consequences that followed, and he now has regrets for taking such action! Understand?

Lighten uo - my first post was not intended as a slight against you, but rather was intended to give you a perspective that 'regrets' come with the passage of time as an adult and not as a child. The more experiences you have 'meaning time', the more things you have to reflect upon.

4afe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay I see what you are saying. I was just reffering to many missed oppeotunities in general as a waring to every one else out there that has the mentality of "well tomorrow I will talk to her" or "I am not in the right mood".

Because my entier senior year of high school I sat on my ass watching this great girl pass me bye becuase I thought the next day I would have some new found strenght to talk to her, but now she is gone and I am gone far away from my high school, with the every nagging question of what could have been.