Online Dating

alphaace

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, being the bored person that I am I decided to check out www.pof.com, I heard about it from this website awhile back so I decided to give it a go.

Started an account up, filled out all the boxes. Got 3 emails and a favorites add by a HB7 (7.5-8 with short shorts and sports bra). I thought about emailing them back but before I did I thought I would do something ingenious (well, im sure tons of other people have done it aswell).

I started a fake profile, as an attractive female, just to see what all these other guys send as their messages......And wow, astonishing.

Please, I would like you all to see what the average AFC sends.

www.plentyoffish.com
Username: 2citygirl86
Password: goldroad52

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha some of the responses there are just terrible.

I'm reading a message right now and there are pictures attached to it with some guy shirtless and flexing in front of the mirror.

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haha this is brilliant. going through all these they all say the same stuff. guess you better do something to stand out. i wanted to reply to some like, "dude you're ****ing ugly!" one guy left his number we should prank call him

alphaace

Don Juan
Reaction score
SickAgain said:
haha this is brilliant. going through all these they all say the same stuff. guess you better do something to stand out. i wanted to reply to some like, "dude you're ****ing ugly!" one guy left his number we should prank call him

Lol, I don't wanna actually reply to any of their messages. Just did it to see what all these guys are saying so I don't look like a fool like them.

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow like 80+% of the subject lines are "hi" or "hello" type things, and most of the messages are identically generic and awful. The legends are true, online dating is as bad as we've all heard and experienced.

Evolve

Don Juan
Reaction score
Original Message YOU sent on 5/27/2009 6:34:07 AM
Just thought id drop you a line and say how pretty you look!

If you send me a message and don't I reply don't be offended, Im never online.

Peace..........

type of replys I get

'Hay thanx lol! i would comment on ur pic but as u dont have 1 id find it a bit hard to lol! Any chance u could email 1 to me? My email address is....******@hotmail.com Wot part of ****u from? hope to hear from u swn take care '

'Great thanks love, and yourself ?
Got any pics of you ?
xx @'

I reply with stuff like im 'wicked thanks. You got msn?' and been getting email addys every time.

Iv been checking this site out got a blank profile no pics, no description. I im looking to find out what works before I use this as a tool for hooking up. I have not bothered putting up a pic for a few reasons. One Is want to learn how to work these sites before I put my pic up, have a few practice runs and im trying to use not havin a pic as bait to get MSN adds.

BTW iv not bothered add any of the girls to my contact list just trying to get the basics down first.

Anyone got experiance in these things, iv always considered them lame. But been thininking they could turn out to be a gold mine. Spend an hour or two getting a good profile with a few nice pics, spend about 10min once a week logging in emailing/repying. Is it really possible too meet girls on sites like this reguarly and effort free, or is there usually a lot of work involved in actually getting girls on dating sites on actual dates? Spending a lot of time learning trying to get a girl to meet of the internet is a 100% waste of time in my opionion where you could just meet new girls in real life. So I really want to know is can this be quickly easily be used to pick up girls by only logging in every now and then or am i dreaming?

If so any one with experiance with milking sites like these tell me the most efficiant way too do it?

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think out-and-out dating sites are a waste of time, but some social networking sites (Facebook, Couchsurfing etc.) can be quite useful if they're based around a common interest.

alphaace

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it seems someone here or the site administraters deleted the account. Hope enough people got to see it so they know what not to do.

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i guess you can tell you have pretty much one sentence to genuinely capture her to get a response. the site was much better when it had IM, much easier more responses.

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone on here thought it would be funny to mess with the profile. If it was the site itself you would have just been deleted/suspended.

*Edit: I started putting together a fake profile of my own and I got a message before I even filled out any of the "about me" sections nor have I even uploaded a picture. I guess if you message 1000 girls one might give you the time of day regardless of how bad your message is.

A bit about me: I keep good hygiene, work in sales and have a lot of fun with my green thumb when I'm not working. IM me back if you want, if you dont have like a thousand other messages to parse thru, but I dont know.. I love horror movies, especially classic 60s and 70s european horror like Bava and Fulci. I'm a capricorn that can strike a spark with anyone have and always had a really easy time making connections with people. @: drop me a line and we'll see if we can be friends.. have a sweet weekend! bai

ps. I wanted to keep it sort of short because I know how many messages girls get on this site, but it turned into an essay anyway.. ah well im new to this, contact info below

Last edited: