Online dating long distance

yperess

Reaction score
Almost a year ago, I was talked into trying online dating. I was surprised when I met an amazing girl and have been talking to her on the phone for several months now (I live in Florida and she lives in Hawaii). Recently we have decided to meet for a first date and I should be flying over in February for a weekend. I guess I've done a decent job this far if she's still interested, but I'm still a little worried about the first date. I was hoping to get some advice regarding that.

We know eachother for a few months now, how do I act on the first date? Since it's not really the standard just getting to know each-other for the first time date.

I know she's a little nervous about meeting, how do I make her feel more comfertable before and during my stay? I already told her I was going to get a hotel room so that I'm not intruding, I figure that might play out well if things turn out well and we need a place away from her 3 roomates.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude don't be a looser! Don't the retarded long distance thing! Stop and think about why you want a girlfriend. Then think if you will get what you want from a girl who is across the country?

TheOnE111

Don Juan
Reaction score
Experience my friend. Dont try extremely hard to push her into something. Rapport=comfort+trust.
Just show her u now how to have a good fun time.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though I'm a proponent of meeting women using online dating sites, attempting to start a LDR over the net tends to build romanticized expectations that seldom seem to come to fruition during the first meeting. Even if it does, it's difficult if not impossible to sustain let alone build a stable foundation for the relationship because of the distance.

Mr. Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
yperess said:
I guess I've done a decent job this far if she's still interested, but I'm still a little worried about the first date.

Listen up a**hole.. The only reason you went long distance is because you are not confident meeting women face to face..

Now, you've been masturbating for the past, what is it, 2 years? You get to meet her, and you still have no skill to be that close to a woman..

Hmm.. What a waste of life..

crackers444

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread. I chat with a girl who lives in another province as me. We have been chatting for a few months and she has mentioned she would like to meet me. We get along so well online, I wonder if we would in real life if we met?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
crackers444 said:
This is an interesting thread. I chat with a girl who lives in another province as me. We have been chatting for a few months and she has mentioned she would like to meet me. We get along so well online, I wonder if we would in real life if we met?
For the sake of argument let's say the two of you get along, how do you plan to not only sustain but build the relationship? Will one of you move to be closer to the other in order to build the relationship?