Online dating - does C&F work here too ?

JPR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Figured I'd ask for some input. Is it just me or is being C&F when replying and conversing with women online a lot harder then in real life. I guess it's because they can't see you facial expression indicating you making it a joke and stuff. I duno but sometimes I look back at what I said and I go geez, I sounded like a complete jerk/idiot in that reply :rolleyes:

I dunno if that's a good approach or not but I like to scan the persons profile and zero in on some points that I find interesting and that could provide some interesting C&F convo starter. But then I look back and often sound too mean :confused:
Like for ex I saw this profile of this chick who said how she was into appreciating art, and going out to art museums here in town, but then she also said that she likes drinking cheap wine coolers ... :confused: Am I way off on this C&F stuff or does anyone else see a potential exploit in this :crackup:

gray_fox_9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I think online dating is much better to use ****y and funny. It gives you more time to think about what you are going to say. And if you are having problems with facial expressions make sure you use the smileys as much as you can. If you say something ****y do a winky smiley or etc......You get the idea...Hope this helps...

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i come up with some many C+F stuff when I'm on the internet rather than when I'm outside

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It works very well as long as you know how to use C/F well. Personally, I'd stay away from neg-hits though.

BigFoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I've heard and seen , online dating is a waste of time. Most of the women are either really unattractive or have major problems. What normal attractive female would have to resort to online dating?
Oh, and if Francisco d'Anconia responds, keep in mind he has a vested interest in online dating.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigFoot
From what I've heard and seen , online dating is a waste of time. Most of the women are either really unattractive or have major problems. What normal attractive female would have to resort to online dating?
Oh, and if Francisco d'Anconia responds, keep in mind he has a vested interest in online dating.
I guess I do. Why knock it if it works for 'ya?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, my latest encounter from online will be tomorrow with a ballet teacher that's a size two!!! Why is she online? She's tired of out of shape AFCs and boneheads always trying to pick her up with lame lines.

When she is online she can choose someone that piques her interest based on qualities she likes. Yeah, she could date anyone on the street but she's like me, very selective. ;)

gray_fox_9

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with Francisco on this one. I'm dating a girl thats a size 0 and did the same thing. She got tired of drunk guys in bars telling her how beautiful she was and acting AFC so she turned to the internet. And I've met some other gorgeous looking women on here also. As unbeleivable as it sounds most of the time the good looking ones are the ones that don't get hit on a lot. So don't knock online dating if its not your thing......

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gray_fox_9
I have to agree with Francisco on this one. I'm dating a girl thats a size 0 and did the same thing. She got tired of drunk guys in bars telling her how beautiful she was and acting AFC so she turned to the internet. And I've met some other gorgeous looking women on here also. As unbeleivable as it sounds most of the time the good looking ones are the ones that don't get hit on a lot. So don't knock online dating if its not your thing......
Plus, where else can you get dates while sitting at your desk at work? You trade an email or two and BANG, you've got a date after work! Now why wouldn't a guy take advantage of this type of system?

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK,

Here's a theory from the world of headhunting that you could say applied to online dating.

If you want the best person out there for the job, how likely are they to be on a database, or actively reading ads?

If they are why? Are the reasons likely to be positive?

Better, if you see something you like, go after it, chances are they won't be on the market, but because you have a better option, then there's a good possibility you can get that person.

Also you don't have any competition because they aren't on the market are they ;)

I like testing out new ideas with online dating, I reckon about only 20% are serious and only 10% of those are even vaguely attractive.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
...I like testing out new ideas with online dating, I reckon about only 20% are serious and only 10% of those are even vaguely attractive.
It's a geographical thing.

JPR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh I've met some girls whom I know date online and they are smokin :)

Just last week me and the boys were having a poker night and one of the guys brought along his new girl so that she could keep the other GF company. They watched flicks while we played cards. He met her online and she is tall, skinny and very nice. And after talking to her not stupid either & had a great personality.
Then I know of two other guys who met and just recently married very good looking women. Actualy one of the chicks was a nurse and she moved from Quebec to the states to live with this guy, and she is not a bad looker so I don't think she was desperate.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JPR,

Now come on, we were not talking about international dating where a pretty girl leaves her country for a life in a better one.:D

Ghaleon_farstrider

Reaction score
what site do you guys use? i was just browsing thru people of my age on friendster but couldnt find any 6 or 7's

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JPR
Oh I've met some girls whom I know date online and they are smokin :)
They're out there. I actually one one that's downstairs cooking me breakfast as we speak (it's the ballet teacher I mentioned earlier). She looked even better than her pictures and she's very nice and giving. She's definitely working her way up on my list. :up:

BigFoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe Francisco has a secret the rest of us don't have, but realistically, what normal attractive female would need to resort to online dating? Most are approached all the time, everywhere. The really hot ones online are probably AW's because they do get alot of attention, with no "cost" to them.
It's worth a try (just about anything is) and who know's you may get lucky.

JPR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
JPR,

Now come on, we were not talking about international dating where a pretty girl leaves her country for a life in a better one.:D
Well now that you bring that up, I met this girl from Russia who married this old geezard. Now she is super bored from being stuck in his house all alone all day. Now she is not a knockout but an OK chick, but this old man would never be able to get somebody like her who is more then half his age to marry him. So I gota give him props :) BTW he tried to teach her to drive and she got into an accident during her examination :crackup:

BTW next time I see the "online" girls I can ask them what sites they used. I didn't date, my friends did.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just started this thing today...I went to myspace.com...theres alright girls there. Ive never done this before online, today i was just looking around and i sent some girls from my area a quick simple straight to the point message. Nobody got back at me, I also couldnt post a pic today, so they might be suspicious about guys without pics. I figuered id try this thing for once and for all, I dont really see many advantages to it, other than sending messages to some girls who only want to post their pics so other little ass kissers tell them how hot they look.

For those of you who are experienced with this thing, is a quick straight to the point "i want to talk to you+ some other ****"message ok? or should i elaborate? if you tell me to elaborate im dropping this thing all together. The *****es want a real man they got to reply when he sends a message!!! and they wonder why they can get a real ****ing man.

I_Only_Live_Once

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have quite a lot of experience with picking up girls off the internet (kind of unfortunate I know), and from my experience you shouldn't say something like "hi i want to meet you and get to know you better". It's too forward for them. Try to "connect" with them on something that they have on their page and be charming as possible. As a rule, I never write a message longer than a message she writes me, I think that gives me the power. Some girls just won't reply, there's nothing you can do about it. If they're snobs, it's their loss.

As for ****y and funny or neg-hits, I've been burned in the past because they took what I said literally. Always put some sort of mark to indicate you're joking like a happy face or a "jk".