Oneitis... we all get it

Dublinsfinest

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, the dreaded oneitis. It can reduce you to tears, ruin your life, make you a slithering ball of patheticness, make you as depressed as f*ck etc.

We've all had it at some point. I'd even venture to say that the majority of people who came here, came her as a direct result of their oneitis.

I would generally score a new woman once or twice a week. Not sex, but a number at least. I often find myself getting oneitis for chicks EVEN THOUGH I have others on the go. The reason why I never settle for a oneitis is because there's so many things I want to learn about picking up women and I'm not even a quarter of the way there yet.

But anyway, this thread is obviously about oneitis. Tell us all about YOUR oneitis and WHAT YOU DID to get over it.

Maybe if we post this we will help others.

Well, I have had 5 MAJOR cases of oneitis in my life and the ONLY way that they went completely away was when I started to have oneitis for someone else. But a big thing about oneitis is it can lay dormant for a while and hit you back when you least expect it. You can fall for the same girl again if the conditions are right. I have a mild form of oneitis now but I think it's going away.

eoin2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, oneitis...'SIGH'. I would have been like you, not more than about 4 or 5 months ago. I had terrible tunnel vision when it came to women.

I have overcome this with alot of mental self-conditioning. I was not a man. I am now a Man. Having read nearly everything on this site and, gasp, tried most of it, i find myself in the position to say that im comfortable in my skin to such an extent that no single woman can get any major reaction from me (unless she was to shoot me or something).

Allways have several options. If you dont have several options handy, think about how you are going to GET several options. THEN have them.

P.S: You might want to change that there name to DublinsSECONDfinest...:cool:

Mr.Style

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice to see the Irish contingent on Sosuave.:)

I would be the same. I've had oneitis that only went away by having oneitis for someone else. I had oneitis for a girl in my college but I found out she had a boyfriend so I'm planning on getting over her.

I don't feel like I have oneitis now though knowing me it's only a matter of time.:D

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
i started doing cold approaches

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sarge more than just one woman at a time, duh... :rolleyes:

muttley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally i saw my oneitis as a blessing in disguise. It really screwed me up man, i lost all confidence and stuff , yeh i was affected pretty bad.

I figure that was natures way of making me into a man, because a man wont feel **** for oneitis. If you cant handle oneitis, you'll be in more trouble once you get more involved with the girl. Which was happening to me.

Since then my mind and body has changed. These days my attitude is "fvck oneitis" i dont need it, and thats it. I dont need that sh1t. Relax and handle yourself you dont stress over anything. I thought about it like this : i wouldnt get stressed if i found out that theres a guy out there that wanted to beat me up, id be like "bring the m0therfuc3kr 0n!! , fvck him" , so why on earth should i stress about some broad that i want to fvck? ill fvck her in good time. Men dont stress , a man gets sh1t
handled.women stress, and they do it more than you think

oneitis - out the window , i dont need you

muttley

escobar04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
after my oneitis I changed into a new man

I love my life now and girls don't mean much to me now

I realized that they aren't life

they are there in life but aren't my life

fvck being an AFC

I love myself now and my confidence is pass the sky limit

PVSSY-EATER

Banned
Reaction score
My thread The Truth: The End,

not only helps you personally, but it helps you develop inner peace. Oneitis is developed due to a lack of peace, and a guy just basically looks to outside things to get that peace. Its nothing wrong with liking somebody, oneitis makes you depend on them, and that is not the way to go buddy. You got me.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We definately ALL get it! It is a chemical reaction you cannot control! You CAN however, control the way you act with it! Dont become what you described at the start of the thread:

"It can reduce you to tears, ruin your life, make you a slithering ball of patheticness, make you as depressed as f*ck etc."

It is good to get oneitis, as how fun would life or dating be if you never were that into the girl! However, it is those with the ability to control it (if dating the girl), or overcome it with style (if she is not interested in you), that end up with either a girl who they love, or their ego intact!

spiker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dublins finest!!! lol

You lads prob spend your nights in boomerangs!!! ;-)

Gpaq

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you read my thread about the w@ore that troubled me, you can diagnose a mild oneitis. I'm going through this right now. In 10 days of no contact, i had the urge to call once. Not bad i guess.
Thank God 3 other women satisfy my sexual needs right now. I Know this thing will make me stronger and its a valuable experience. I'm 29 and it's the first time that a chick got into my mind so badly...
I don't see it as a mistake, these things happen. The point is to quit with the head up and never look back again.

Miles Davis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oneitis man... I remember the days. Seriously though, you've got to come full circle with it to actually not get it anymore. It's all about realization and experience... just fight through and do your thing and you begin to see oneitis as a long lost feeling that you can just laugh at the idea of instead of something that once had the power to take you over and command your life in a negative way.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this the IRISH ONEITIS THREAD or something?! lol

I just saw my ex-oneitis in the local paper and now that shes single again its creeping back up on me but i doubt ill get the full outburst of it.

I wrote a thread titled: The Ultimate Guide to Beating/Avoiding Oneitis in the tips section - think it got 4 stars - try it!

Cheers.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got oneitis with my gf. The funny thing is that the more oneitis you get, the more it begins harming your relationship, which can then make your oneitis worse, and hence the start of a vicious cycle!

And after realizing this, I kicked myself in the ass and stopped being AFC. Once in a while it comes back to haunt, but I just ignore it.