oneitis on a friend

princesimba

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have this friend who liked me for years now but i never liked her that way

recently she turned hot honest so we dated for a while

then i caught oneitis for her and turned AFC, too much contact.

and now shes flaking, (giving excuses) no longer working for me.

usually in situations like this i will ignore the girl.

except this girl is a friend who i may have to meet up every WEEK, but with a group of our friends, as we have done for years now

usually in social groups i am the centre of attention, but now with this situation...

just wondering how to proceed. please dont tell me to stop meeting tis group of friends because there are many in it who i actually care about.

will appreciate any help opinions :woo:

Redempti0n

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get flirty with other chicks withing the social circle.

SirFratserlot

Banned
Reaction score
Its sad, they like you when dont give them attention and they lpse interest as soon as you get a hint of attention. I was in a similar situation and ive been on nc for almost a week in a half.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Always helps^

turned AFC, too much contact.

Tis obvious is it not? No more AFC and less contact. Just quit trying so hard to force something with this girl. They always run away from this type of behavior...and i mean always. They get bored with guys that just throw themselves at them.

SpazzAttackk

Don Juan
Reaction score
SirFratserlot said:
Its sad, they like you when dont give them attention and they lpse interest as soon as you get a hint of attention. I was in a similar situation and ive been on nc for almost a week in a half.
It sucks eh? Sometimes the inner chump in us all causes us to break NC. Keep it up, Im in somewhat of the same boat. Gauging interest levels with my LTR.

But we all know just because they dont initiate, it doesnt mean theyre not interested. Once again, women are complicated.

SpazzAttackk

Don Juan
Reaction score
SirFratserlot said:
How does it not mean that theyre not interested

Some girls want the guy to initiate, they want to feel chased. Or they just have an insecurity via a previous relationship where the guy said they were too clingy.

princesimba

Don Juan
Reaction score
Redempti0n said:
of course i'll do this! :)

whats bound to happen next though, since ive known her for so many years, is that she'll find some way to talk to me within the social circle. She's gonna act like nothing wrongs ever happened.

Which brings me to my next question: what do i do when that happens?

ignore her?
indifferent?
nice and polite?
behave as per normal but dont contact her at all once outing ends?
or?

i have next to no experience when it comes to dating friends. Especially friends i cannot go no contact from. Walking away outright has always been my so called ultimate move.

SpazzAttackk

Don Juan
Reaction score
princesimba said:
of course i'll do this! :)

whats bound to happen next though, since ive known her for so many years, is that she'll find some way to talk to me within the social circle. She's gonna act like nothing wrongs ever happened.

Which brings me to my next question: what do i do when that happens?

ignore her?
indifferent?
nice and polite?
behave as per normal but dont contact her at all once outing ends?
or?

i have next to no experience when it comes to dating friends. Especially friends i cannot go no contact from. Walking away outright has always been my so called ultimate move.
Ignore her. Girls who go from ugly to hot tend to have power trips and ignoring her will bring her insecure side out. Once that comes out she (depending on girl) will start chasing simply because she wants you to see how much of an HB 8 shes become. Eventually she will break and do something drastic, possibly sexually.

Giving her attention will just blow her head up, meaning your head wont be getting blown.

IExist

Reaction score
I am wondering if the ages of the people involved are under 25. Not all females are the same and people change with experiences. Treat people as individuals. I happen to be a female who does not run from attention from my man but will run from attention from other men.

lamobatsman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IExist said:
I am wondering if the ages of the people involved are under 25. Not all females are the same and people change with experiences. Treat people as individuals. I happen to be a female who does not run from attention from my man but will run from attention from other men.

where can i find a girl like you?:)

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
princesimba said:
i have this friend who liked me for years now but i never liked her that way

recently she turned hot honest so we dated for a while

then i caught oneitis for her and turned AFC, too much contact.

and now shes flaking, (giving excuses) no longer working for me.

usually in situations like this i will ignore the girl.

except this girl is a friend who i may have to meet up every WEEK, but with a group of our friends, as we have done for years now

usually in social groups i am the centre of attention, but now with this situation...

just wondering how to proceed. please dont tell me to stop meeting tis group of friends because there are many in it who i actually care about.

will appreciate any help opinions :woo:
'Cmon son you been here 2 years.
What have you learnt?

Dead serious. I want you to reply to this post with what you have done, what you think you should do and what happens here next.

I know you haven't been here all this time and learned absolutely nothing.

princesimba

Don Juan
Reaction score
Purefilth said:
'Cmon son you been here 2 years.
What have you learnt?

Dead serious. I want you to reply to this post with what you have done, what you think you should do and what happens here next.

I know you haven't been here all this time and learned absolutely nothing.
Well technically ive never really been here :)

ok serious. Ive never really liked the idea of forums (hence my low number of posts) and im quite sure u agree that there are more rubbish threads here than good ones but if theres one thing i like about sosuave its that it teaches me respect. Not just respect for others but especially respect for myself.

What have i done? Well i shouldnt have dated a friend in the first place, but since i did i should not have gave her so much attention and i should have just treated her the way i always have.

What i think i should do? Well thats obvious, stop giving this girl attention. How exactly am i gonna do that? Im not sure. Therefore me being here.

What happens next? I dont know. Really.

Like i said, i dont come here often!

zorg198

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple , stop giving her attention and ignore her. easy said and done but you have to do this for yourself, also start talking with other girls , once you will do that your mind won't be focused on her and she will see that.

Joe.

Kbomb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zorg198 said:
Simple , stop giving her attention and ignore her. easy said and done but you have to do this for yourself, also start talking with other girls , once you will do that your mind won't be focused on her and she will see that.

Joe.
I think this is wrong. You should just treat her like you used to. Revert everything back and control yourself to the point where she no longer affects you. If this is not possible then you are in fact a broken little man. There are MANY women out there.

princesimba

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kbomb said:
I think this is wrong. You should just treat her like you used to. Revert everything back and control yourself to the point where she no longer affects you. If this is not possible then you are in fact a broken little man. There are MANY women out there.
revert everything back? which means me flirting non stop with her but never asking her out? cos thats the way it used to be :)