On Self Image: No 'Self' Exists.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Yea, I bite the bullet and claim 'wrong' on my past bit about Ayn Rand. Worse off, I read the damn thing. Call it a long weeknd with some troubling fam issues. Post whatever you like, I'm taking a break.

Peace.

A-Unit

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbaoth
You know I like your posts A-Unit, but I have to agree with derEikopf on this one. To really praise an objectivist is to call them a selfish egoist. An objectivists life is the single most important thing to them. Doing things as a collective "because it is the right thing to do" at the cost of ones own happiness is very much frowned upon in objectivist circles.
hmm. you're right. i always thought i was free-minded and "tried" being unselfish. but if i "try," then you might as well call me selfish as well. such a paradox. the realization that i've been trying to get to ever since learning about ego and how to keep it on the low is that life isn't meant to be lived seriously. but i guess i've been taking this matter more seriously, therefore making my life more serious than it should be. thanks for reminding me.

i'm out too.

peace.

- j

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
To believe that one is either subjective or objective, looking at them as polar opposites, is foolish.

Often, one thing will rise paradoxically from another which is its complete opposite. That's the point A-Unit makes about people going to extravagant means to achieve a simple life.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Paradoxically, I went to complex writing patterns to achieve a simply message. Lol.

A-Unit

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know this is all interesting.

If you are constantly achieving in life, you feel lost in down time periods.

You also never fully celebrate your successes.

Ego is good and bad. It will help you strive to do things, but sometimes you try to protect it too much and you don't grow.

Your ego can't be destroyed, not by doing things poorly at least. You have to pay the price of doing things poorly to accomplish them one day.

You may also have to pay the price of loving someone in vain to understand love.

Uggg, I feel like **** right now.

Virtú

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky
If you are constantly achieving in life, you feel lost in down time periods.

You also never fully celebrate your successes.
Another price to pay for a better life.
Originally posted by Ricky
You have to pay the price of doing things poorly to accomplish them one day.
Perfectionism is death.

R.I.P Virtú :rolleyes:

Last edited: