On Parties

TheEnergizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
to put it briefly(somewhat):

wtf? where are all the parties at? i thought high school would be a partyrific ride with all kinds of sh*t goin down every weekend. instead most of my weekends are spent at my friends house playing airsoft (which we do alot) or makin movies or just playin games and stuff like that, and the rest are just spent at home (like right now for example) with not much to do. i havent gone to a single party. closest thing to it was my birthday party, and that was just a collection of my 5 closest friends spending a night at my house(and a huge airsoft war), or new years, which was also at a friends house with a group of about 5 (and another huge airsoft war, this time in the forest haha).

i'm a freshman so i'm not real sure if kids my age really go to parties (i wouldnt drink any alcohol, i mean im only 15) but i thought at least gatherings of some sort would take place, like movies or something. but then i live in a pretty boring city, so not much to do as it is. but still! half a year went by so fast! and theres so much i havent done, i havent even gone on a date yet! 1/8th of my high school career and ive done sh***t! same stuff ive always done anyway. besides talking to girls/people/in general. i got way better at that, i'm not shy anymore and i'm pretty popular in my school. which leads to my next rant: why is it that i'm actually somewhat popular in my school but still dont hear about anything going on except the occasional come-to-my-house/b-day invitation? does nothing go on for freshmen like me? or do i just not know the right people/people dont tell me about anything?

so question for you guys who were once froshies: did you go out alot and gather with people alot of does that just come later? do parties even exist for 9th graders? any other info on what you did for your first year in hs including dates, parties, large gatherings etc would be greatly appreciated too. also any tips would help alot, for hanging out with people outside of school/after school.

i just want to know if i'm missing anything or not, and if i am how to straighten that out.

now if i had a car....

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheEnergizer said:

wtf? where are all the parties at? i thought high school would be a partyrific ride with all kinds of sh*t goin down every weekend. instead most of my weekends are spent at my friends house playing airsoft (which we do alot) or makin movies or just playin games and stuff like that, and the rest are just spent at home (like right now for example) with not much to do. i havent gone to a single party. closest thing to it was my birthday party, and that was just a collection of my 5 closest friends spending a night at my house(and a huge airsoft war), or new years, which was also at a friends house with a group of about 5 (and another huge airsoft war, this time in the forest haha).

i'm a freshman so i'm not real sure if kids my age really go to parties (i wouldnt drink any alcohol, i mean im only 15) but i thought at least gatherings of some sort would take place, like movies or something. but then i live in a pretty boring city, so not much to do as it is. but still! half a year went by so fast! and theres so much i havent done, i havent even gone on a date yet! 1/8th of my high school career and ive done sh***t! same stuff ive always done anyway. besides talking to girls/people/in general. i got way better at that, i'm not shy anymore and i'm pretty popular in my school. which leads to my next rant: why is it that i'm actually somewhat popular in my school but still dont hear about anything going on except the occasional come-to-my-house/b-day invitation? does nothing go on for freshmen like me? or do i just not know the right people/people dont tell me about anything?

so question for you guys who were once froshies: did you go out alot and gather with people alot of does that just come later? do parties even exist for 9th graders? any other info on what you did for your first year in hs including dates, parties, large gatherings etc would be greatly appreciated too. also any tips would help alot, for hanging out with people outside of school/after school.

i just want to know if i'm missing anything or not, and if i am how to straighten that out.

now if i had a car....
Im gonna give it to you plain and simple. No matter what year you are, freshman, soph, junior, or senior, there will always be LOADS of parties to go to. And since its highschool, these parties are ALWAYS going to have a lot of drinking, smoking, and ppl gettin totally fvcked up.

You should be able to tell by now who are the party kids in your grade, and trust me, all those kids drink. Until you feel your ready for something like that, dont expect to be going to any parties any time soon.

DamHE

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea dude doesn't get simpler than that ^

ANY high school has ****tons of stuff going on every weekend unless its like Xmas... and ya it sucks to know ur not part of that group... :(

nicelife

Don Juan
Reaction score
make friends with older people so u can tag along to their parties

maybe have ur own parties if you can..

start drinkin now so you've got a bit of tolerance when everyone else starts goin hard..

a little bit aint gonna **** you up

SmokingSquirrel

Don Juan
Reaction score
How big is your school? Mine is really small, so usually grades 9-10 don't know anything about the parties, which are usually once or twice a month at the most. Also, if you know a lot of people at many other schools, you can go to those parties as well. However, you have to focus on you, because all the kids that just went chasing for parties their whole high school lives are going to be janitors or working at McDonalds. High School should NOT be the absolute highlight of your life.

And if you abandon your friends for an older group to party, you're a douchebag. The older kids will often get tired of you (unless you're awesome haha) and then you will be cast aside with no one to go to. It's happened before to a guy that tried to get into my group...

If you start to enjoy the times with the people you have, you will definitely have more fun. Maybe YOU should be the one to "gather" people to hang out or go to the movies.

cw92

Don Juan
Reaction score
well at my school, or at least my area

There are parties called "Mixers"

Pretty much one school opens up their gyms, and kids pay like 5 bucks to go in. Usually theres about 300-400 kids, and I find its a great place to "grind" with girls, and get some social interaction.

I have actually outgrown these, and hang with a mroe core group of guys and girls. Freshman year is usually pretty slow, and parties really dont happen that much.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You just need to build a network, that's it. You have to know people in order to get to these parties. Most of my friends are freshmen college and they go to a party school, I thought I was going to be partying with them every weekend but nope, I've only been to 1 party through their connections and it wasn't even really a party, it was a kickback.

TheEnergizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
well, i do KNOW a lot of people, but its not like they just randomly tell me about any parties or anything. so, should i ask them about it or something? i'm thinking about asking some of my more popular friends what theyre doing next weekend tomorrow. hell ill ask anyone that i know. i just want to know whats going on. and not bringing it up to anyone isnt gonna get me anywhere, i think.

granted, 98% of those people are freshman. i know maybe a handful of older guys. i dont know why, because i have a geometry class which is full of sophomores/juniors with only like 3 freshmen that i know but for some reason i just dont and never have really talked to people that arent in my grade. i guess that has to change. so thanks for the tip, i'll try to befriends these guys from now on, should be easy considering i have the same class with so many of them and they do in fact look like the party type :up:

my school has about 2000 people. probably plenty of stuff going down that im missing haha

SOOOOOoooooo yeah, this week will be devoted to befriending older guys and asking my homies about whats goin down this weekend :yes:

It's-Me

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheEnergizer said:

now if i had a car....
Yeah there was few parties in 9th grade for me. Parties aren't that great in 9th grade though. You should go to some school dances, make new friends at other schools and find out what's going on at their schools (special events and dances). Dances are a great place for meeting girls and making friends. In December, I went to 3 school dances, got 2 make-outs and 4 phone numbers (I would of got a 3rd make-out but the girl's teacher was watching us - it was one of those small dances were teachers watch you).

Honestly, you will have a much more parties in 10th grade because of sweet 16 (lucky me - I got some sweet fvcking parties coming up).

It's all about who you know if you want to find some parties. Get out of your house, meet some people (girls especially), make some friends, get girlfriends, expand your social circle and you'll be invited to much more parties.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally never went to any of those freshman/social mixer things that the school had. Where im from those little dances were EXTREMELY LAME lol. Usually everyone would wind up going to some huge party rather than the mixer hahah.

cw92

Don Juan
Reaction score
eaglez1177 said:
I personally never went to any of those freshman/social mixer things that the school had. Where im from those little dances were EXTREMELY LAME lol. Usually everyone would wind up going to some huge party rather than the mixer hahah.
Yeah ive been to some really lame ones.

It kinda went like...

Freshman year - meeting as many girls as possible at miers, then i gained alot of facebook friends.

Sophmore uear - less mixers..all sweet sixteens, and homecominings, winter balls a couple house parties

Junior year - all house parties (maybe like 2 a month), alot of hanging out with core groups of people

Im so glad i was able to meet alot of people frosh year, because i see some of my friends who just dont "make" the list for parties, and Im glad its not me.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cw92 said:
Yeah ive been to some really lame ones.

It kinda went like...

Freshman year - meeting as many girls as possible at miers, then i gained alot of facebook friends.

Sophmore uear - less mixers..all sweet sixteens, and homecominings, winter balls a couple house parties

Junior year - all house parties (maybe like 2 a month), alot of hanging out with core groups of people

Im so glad i was able to meet alot of people frosh year, because i see some of my friends who just dont "make" the list for parties, and Im glad its not me.
Hahaha yea same thing happened with me.

Freshman: Meet everyone and get to know people
Sophmore: Sweet sixteens, starting hooking up with a bunch of girls, got a main core group of like 5 best friends
Junior: Partying, more partying, and getting fvcked up lol

Daniel1099

Don Juan
Reaction score
bro...

stop playing airsoft.

get out their.

dress nice.

dont be a stupid ass immature freshman.

get in connection with older kids that can drive and sh1t

go to house parties, mack on the females their.

be a fun guy...not the annoying guy

kalash74

Don Juan
Reaction score
Play airsoft on Sundays. That is what I used to do.

What airsoft gun do you have?

Following_of_Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
The reality, or at least at my school, is that the "parties" aren't usually all they are cracked up to be. Most of them are busted up by the cops in minutes, or at least the ones worth going to. Otherwise they are somewhere between eight and fifteen people, usually less sitting around someones house drinking.

I go out a lot, but I don't party often. I'll make an appearance on occasion, but I don't drink, and it's not my scene. I prefer to pick up a ton of friends and go out someplace. That's just me though.

It's-Me

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Following_of_Me said:
The reality, or at least at my school, is that the "parties" aren't usually all they are cracked up to be. Most of them are busted up by the cops in minutes, or at least the ones worth going to. Otherwise they are somewhere between eight and fifteen people, usually less sitting around someones house drinking.

I go out a lot, but I don't party often. I'll make an appearance on occasion, but I don't drink, and it's not my scene. I prefer to pick up a ton of friends and go out someplace. That's just me though.
Yeah it also depends if your into the whole partying thing - I am, that's were I'm on top of my game.

I personally like alcohol because it loosens me up and I have a pretty high tolerance to it.

Parties are much easier to get that sexual vibe going on.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea its legit soooo easy to get hookups and sh*t when your at a party and everyone is boozin. Plus its a lot more fun too!

Daniel1099

Don Juan
Reaction score
kalash74 said:
Play airsoft on Sundays. That is what I used to do.

What airsoft gun do you have?

or not play it at all and spend that money on clothes??

suaveplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey you guys im thinking about going to my first real high school party. im a senior and i havent been to one yet. the thing is, im kinda uncomfortable with all that drinking and vulgarity, but feel like the party could still be fun even with them. Should i give it a try?

Daniel1099

Don Juan
Reaction score
YES GO

i started goin to house parties sophmore year. im a junior now.

just go. kick it with ur friends. scope out the girls. have casual conversations.

drink a little to loosen up.

its all good