On instant message communication.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, a lot of guys say its an interest killer and a lot osay its much easier to be a DJ on aim than in real life.

So for those of you who continue to use IMing programs, most notably AIM, i have some tips for you.

The main arguement against instant message programs is that it is less personable, you arent able to use non-verbal communication to woo your target and express yourself. There is tho, something that can make up for this in part.

Use the little smily faces! Believe it or not, a smiling face, doesnt matter if its real or its just a drawing of one, is able to get that same good reaction from people. It is important tho, that u only use the smiling, tongue sticking out, cool faces and not the unhappy faces in your dialogue. Just like you will get a good reaction from smiling, you will get a bad reaction from a frown. Also, use the smiley faces VERY frequently and make sure you have a nice variation, including ones you type yourself without the smiley face list.

Still, real life convo will always be more effective. :)

[This message has been edited by Jester (edited 06-26-2002).]

Lord_Galth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jester, u are so right... except on one thing. A frown, when well placed, can be as useful as the smile. The little teary eyed one :'( can be fantastic for some sarcastic / silly humor. But yeah, if you want to have some fun take the DM approach to a girl online, but put little smiley faces at the end of almost everything you say.

IE: Yeah, so we should f*ck sometime :-D

She'll have to think of it, she can't yell at you (cause youre only joking, right?) and the best part is, if she flirts it on back you know your set.

IE: So, don't you want my sexy bod? :-D
or anything like that, just say something that would normall be completely sexual, completely out of line, lacking all modesty or reservation, and then stick it with a smiley. Its perfect.

Don Juanobi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I highly recommend the newbies who still have trouble with talking to chicks in person to try the online chatting thing.

It is helping me develop a quicker wit, I can try or say some outrageous stuff without coming off as insecure or nervous.
my ****y+funny skills are developing nicely.
my confidence has gone up since I have made successes with these virtual women and gained experiances while I'm at home for supper inbetween jobs.