on eye contact...

JeetKuneDating

Reaction score
i need some insight on eye contact...

what constitutes interest on her part? because everyone looks around the bar and accidentally catches the gaze of another sometimes. how do u discern an accidental eye lock from an eye lock of interest?

for example: last night i was at a bar and there were 2 specifics who i kept making eye contact w/ - more than several times. should we call once an accident, 2 times a possibility and 3 and above the go-ahead to introduce ureself?

i realize its not a good idea to start putting this to a formula, but its a good indicator i think...a good gauge of how an introduction would go.

what of it?

Phantasmal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever been in a "Glance War?" Happens to me all of the time. Basically, you keep meeting a person's glance over and over and over, sometimes more than a dozen times. It's pretty awkward and it's tough to escape. This usually happens when you're confined to one area...in a class, for example. I've had glance wars with HBs and non HBs alike. I don't think they mean anything. They could be glancing just because you are...it's hard not to.

redCobra1

Don Juan
Reaction score
first things first...RELAX...secondly if you havent approached a girl by the second glance she WILL start to think your a wuss or worse yet a stalker. Remember this...if she makes eye contact and you force her to break it and she looks again GO FOR IT. Sometimes you wont be so lucky to get a second glance.

Scoiland

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by redCobra1
first things first...RELAX...secondly if you havent approached a girl by the second glance she WILL start to think your a wuss or worse yet a stalker. Remember this...if she makes eye contact and you force her to break it and she looks again GO FOR IT. Sometimes you wont be so lucky to get a second glance.
this much is true

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Usualy after the first or second time meating their eyes is when I go for it. Oh yea, always remember...never be the first to break eye contact.

Have you taken the time to preform a search? Theirs a little button up their somewhere that says search, click it, type eye contact, and holy crap....information galore.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WaRpEd

Have you taken the time to preform a search? Theirs a little button up their somewhere that says search, click it, type eye contact, and holy crap....information galore.
are you a mod? why do you care?

JeetKuneDating

Reaction score
i think eye contact is key...for the record

good tip on the "dont break eye contact first." i'll keep that in mind

bullmoose

Don Juan
Reaction score
You wouldn't hit a pop fly and just stand there in the batter's box, would you?

Getting eye contact and not introducing yourself is the same thing.

Run it out.

JeetKuneDating

Reaction score
bad analogy...lotta players hit pop flys and just watch it. maybe a grounder. ure not gonna hit a hot grounder up the middle and just watch it...

but yeah, good way of lookin at it