On David DeAngelo and his works

Asix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heya everyone,
recently one of my friends showed me some eBooks of David DeAngelo, and after reading them a while, I realized that everything he speaks about in his books really makes sense at some level, and my friend says the techniques and concepts DeAngelo talks about really work in the real life.
But, on the other hand, he talks about dealing with WOMEN, the females that are mature and have established personalities, and since I'm only 17, I'm still not dealing with that kind of women, so I don't know if any of this would work with
younger ladies, since they're very different from mature women, as you all know.
Actually, I haven't tried anything I read about in those books yet, but I'm just curious to know if someone here actually tried something from his books and does it work?
What are your experiences about his techniques and concepts if you've got any experience at all?
Maybe all this is not that bad after all...

Plec07

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As with all points with the PUA lifestyle you need to alter the techniques and attitude to fit your age/living area ect. Just alter his techniques slightly to suit your age more and it should work fine. Trial and error is probably your best bet for this one.

Asix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that the techniques need to be altered a little bit, and unfortunately, I found that out the hard way :(
But anyway, his techniques really are great and they DO work, which is the most important part of all this stuff...
The problem right now is, that I began to alter my attitude by his instructions, and I'm still not sure in what way I need to alter what, although I sense that there's something to be altered. Any idea on this to get me going?

Plec07

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just do trial and error mate. Thats what I did to get my game tight. You won't believe how many rejections I got a couple months back. And today I got about 2 rejections and 7 numbers before going to my gf's place.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry, it WILL work.

Asix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I suppoused that's the only way around... Because, no matter who says what, teenage girls work SLIGHTLY different from mature women, and that's the only problem... But with some tweaking, it can be done. That's what I've realized recently, now just to get to some work (trial and error, that is).
Wish me luck...

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the ****y funny stuff only works in high school if you use it with a combination of ****y+funny+sweet. (for me anyway) I'm 16 and in highschool and what i've noticed is that the humor is the most important, quickly followed by ****iness. but if you throw a little bit of sweetness in on high school girls (who arent jaded and dont have ***** shields as big as more mature women have) it becomes gold

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, his material is amazing. His ****y humour is great, however, I find his books to be very repetitive as well as containing a lot of "filler" material to make it appear longer than it is.

Also, I own ALOT of his stuff (I own pretty much all of his books, DVD's, tapes, etc.) And I can say that the way he talks and does his DVD's does not reflect his material at all; he appears to be a somewhat "nerd".

Try it out! Purchase his tapes, listen to his voice, he is NOT funny; not in my opinion.
I've found his books to help 100 times better than any of his other material. I recommend looking it how other people look at the material as well. Example: Some of the examples in his book about ****y humour are not so great, but if you look at some examples other people have posted in this forum as well as other forums.. you can build up from the basics he teaches you.

Hope I helped,
Nick.

Asix

Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely agree with you both. If nothing else, all the concept he talks about really make sense and allow you to get the big picture when it comes to dating...
All that stuff about evolution and female programming and social conditioning really helped me to understand many of the issues I had back then.

lildevil

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have yet to learn something that doesnt put me to sleep.....cuz all the guy does is get a million books shove in all he learned in his transformation from AFC to how he is now....and sell it to us in the millions of ads in the internet..he has hundreds of products..i think thousands

His stuff doesn't really get to the point all his info is useless because u dont need to learn all that stuff...

A few things are very interesting but all is a piece of crap info that u dont need to learn I used it back when i was a real afc and rarely look back on it..

The only real thing i use...and the only one that i have learned is the one in which he tells u how to go in for the kiss....it has made me succesful iin that part...but nothing else

noirsake

Don Juan
Reaction score
coz of his stuff, I'm doing 100% better with woman (what i was doing before...i dont even want to talk about) and life overall. My social stats have increased dramatically and jerks dont push me around anymore. I recommend his stuff to anyone who wants help w/ women and/or getting better at life overall.

Asix

Don Juan
Reaction score
A small problem with his books is the fact that he repeats lots of stuff over books, so they just look like filled with information, but repeating key concepts now and then doesn't hurt that bad, though...
I begin to see how useful his works are, I'm just going to keep up with learning from the master...

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Back on whether ****y and Funny works on high school girls... I have to say that it DOES, but only on a toned down level.

Obviously some girls are secure and can take being teased... but high school is a time where people find out more about themselves. Some girls don't realize that you are joking, even when you say that you are.

As I wrote on another post, for high school, ****y and Funny works best with a little sweetness added in.

Now I know... sweetness isn't manly! Alpha males aren't supposed to be sweet! Well believe what you want, but I GUARANTEE if you are ****y, funny, and sweet at the same time then girls will flock to you like never before.

Try it.

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
think of being sweet as giving them a very small sample :p

Infraction

Don Juan
Reaction score
Asix said:
Heya everyone,
recently one of my friends showed me some eBooks of David DeAngelo, and after reading them a while, I realized that everything he speaks about in his books really makes sense at some level, and my friend says the techniques and concepts DeAngelo talks about really work in the real life.
But, on the other hand, he talks about dealing with WOMEN, the females that are mature and have established personalities, and since I'm only 17, I'm still not dealing with that kind of women, so I don't know if any of this would work with
younger ladies, since they're very different from mature women, as you all know.
Actually, I haven't tried anything I read about in those books yet, but I'm just curious to know if someone here actually tried something from his books and does it work?
What are your experiences about his techniques and concepts if you've got any experience at all?
Maybe all this is not that bad after all...
Lol, i am dealing with girls taht are 13~15, it works.

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
(JJ) said:
:up: on the same page supremo :up:
Good to know.
I get David DeAngelo's email's and on a recent one someone asked a very similar question about whether ****y and Funny should have some "sweetness" added into it.

He said, "Don't be "too sweet, too soon.""
and
"For instance, let's say you've been seeing her
for a few weeks. Get her a flower, and tell her
you were thinking of her.

What not to do: Buy her a dozen roses and bring
them with you to the first meeting."

In the case of high school, dates usually consist of seeing a movie, going to eat, hanging out at each others house or a party... and flowers are a little corny (unless you're asking her to a dance) so what I've found works wonders is just a little text message or phone call (voicemails work the best) saying "Hey, I saw something that got me thinking about you... now I can't get you out of my mind"
or
"Hey, I was just thinking about you and wanted to say 'Hi', what's up?"

Sounds simple, but saying you were thinking about a girl makes them, shiver. It sets off a reaction in their body and INSTANTLY turns them on a little (assuming they don't think you're a creep).

Outtie

Asix

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a great example, Supremo. That's what I meant. You just need to show indirect sweetness, it works wonders for most of the girls you'll encounter in high school.

lildevil

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know what u guys are thinking or how u pick-up....but my style is way different from other guys i know....most of my friends...do ****y and funny and sweet....so Im kind of different i tried to make this my on concept of pick-up and it actually worked for me for sometime...and

It worked because i practiced alot and stuff.....but it just wasnt my style...I see pick-up as a game to be mastered...and the only way to do it..its not just by using a concept that doesn't go anywhere unless it fits you...theres many concepts of pick-up that u can make up for youself...but ****y and funny...is mostly for teenagers and can be used in fun places like the club and stuff....but in a nice enviroment....not all the girlz are going to fall for u just because ur ****y and funny...u have to show ur a full person....of course their are the girlz who will fall just for that...but its mostly young girls from 13-15

U want to show...who u are and learn who she is...without really committing to the pick-up cuz thats what gets u rejected...

I love pickin up girls in high school....im going to be a junior her in miami the 305 next year...and believe me...learn as much as u can and dont be impatient...to get the girlz i hope u have fun...and hope for the best...