OMG I just beat the crap out of some guy...

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As some of you know, my GF just broke up with me on monday, and I'm trying to move on. (Why are the morning the worst part of the day. I wake up thinking about her? WTF is wrong with me?)

Anyway, so I'm walking home from training. I'm a brazilian Jiu-Jitsu fighter, but I also do a little bit of Free fight/No holds barred fighting on the side. I do this as a sport, not because I have some sort of rage that I have to let out. It's technical, and I treat it like a science.
Any so I'm feeling...well you know how you feel when you are freshly dumped. At this point I was SO angry at myself, for allowing a lesser woman to dump me. I really dropped the ball with her by letting her lose her attraction. Well that's another story.

I see this guy about 160lbs 5"7 (He's hispanic, looks like a prep, and his girl looks like a normal white college girl. I'm only 154lbs 5"8, Indian guy, not big, but I'm cut. You wouldn't beable to tell I was cut if I was wearing a large shirt. And you probably wouldn't know that I'm a fighter if you saw me. :)

This dude is in an alley having a severe argument with his girlfriend. She's against the wall. I'm not quite sure what they are talking about but he's got his hands on her shoulders and he's kinda pushing her up against the wall, she's still yelling at him. I saw this, so I walked by, but stopped and watched (Guy can't see me, his back is to me).

Then as the argument heats up, he starts pushing her against the wall repeatedly. And I dont' just mean like wuss like. He's pushing her likes he's trying to start a fight with a guy. At that point, you could see she was like "oh ****, I have to get out of here". So she trys to walk out into the street. but he won't let her. He grabs her and pushes her against the wall and continues to push her and now starts tugging her by the hair. At this point I see they were arguing about something pretty trivial.
So the girl finally sees me and gives me this "Oh my god" look. I'm still waiting a little longer to see if she can get away by herself. Then out of nowhere, the guy ***** slaps her HARD across the face.

As angry as I already was, I exploded. I've never felt such power or rage in my entire life. I dropped my bags, ran up to him, and turned his ass around to face me.
I looked at the girl, and she just kinda nodded. I think she mouthed "Help me".

So I started wailing on this guy. Face shots, two right hooks while pinning him up against the wall. He doesn't know what's going on.
I drop down, shoot, single leg taken down with ankle hook, and get full mount. I could have broken his arms with an armbar, or choked him out, but I'm glad that I didn't because that would have landed him in the hospital and me with a lawsuit. I ground and pound his ass, 2 or 3 more shots to his face, and then I see that people are starting to gather. I get up. Motion for the girl to get the **** out of there, which she does, and then I turn to this ******* as he's lying on the ground, perched on an elbow, and I said calmly, "Don't ever treat your GF like **** again." And I walked off, hoping noone had called the cops.

I'm not a violent person, I've only been in two fights in my life counting this one (The first one was a mugging). I don't think I would exactly call this healthy behavior to move on from a fresh breakup. What the hell should I do? I'm so ashamed for doing that. I really lost respect for myself here.
How the HELL Do you guys deal with these breakups time and time again? God...

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what are you ashamed of?

This prick hit a girl he deserved it.

congrats to you for doing the right thing and not going further than you had to.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by nishbuk

I'm not a violent person, I've only been in two fights in my life counting this one (The first one was a mugging). I don't think I would exactly call this healthy behavior to move on from a fresh breakup. What the hell should I do? I'm so ashamed for doing that. I really lost respect for myself here.
How the HELL Do you guys deal with these breakups time and time again? God...
You're right, you are not a violent person! You're an AFC who has his own insecurities to deal with. You felt powerless, and that encounter made you feel like you had power over somebody/something, and it wa a great emotional release; plus you came out as the great hero, the knight in shinin' armour, but in reality, you probably did nothing good for an already destructive relationship.

My guess is that those two go at it all the time. They are both pretty disturbed. He's violent, because he's insecure. She's probably needy, and with very low self-esteem, so they both need eachother, they both feed off eachother to meet their own insecure needs. She is a willing victim, and she feels she derserves that type of abuse, and nothing you can do will change that.

A friend in college, older guy, once adviced me, "don't let your emotions dictate your actions, let your actions dictate your emotions." Wish you the best.

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: OMG I just beat the crap out of some guy...

Originally posted by Gangster Of Love
You're right, you are not a violent person! You're an AFC who has his own insecurities to deal with. You felt powerless, and that encounter made you feel like you had power over somebody/something, and it wa a great emotional release; plus you came out as the great hero, the knight in shinin' armour, but in reality, you probably did nothing good for an already destructive relationship.

That's definitley true. Beating the crap out of an abuser is not going to make him stop. I wish I could say sorry to that girl, because knowing abused women I doubt she broke up with im.

My guess is that those two go at it all the time. They are both pretty disturbed. He's violent, because he's insecure. She's probably needy, and with very low self-esteem, so they both need eachother, they both feed off eachother to meet their own insecure needs. She is a willing victim, and she feels she derserves that type of abuse, and nothing you can do will change that.
Again, you know exactly how I feel after the fact.

A friend in college, older guy, once adviced me, "don't let your emotions dictate your actions, let your actions dictate your emotions." Wish you the best.
Ty.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by zerocelcius
what are you ashamed of?

This prick hit a girl he deserved it.

congrats to you for doing the right thing and not going further than you had to.
So the right thing was to punch some guy in the head 5 times even though he didn't threaten you?

nishbuk, I don't condone what you did but I also understand why you did it, and I do not know how I would react in the same situation. You know you made a mistake in doing what you did - that's a good thing.

Take some time out to think about things. The worst tactic is to push it all to the back of your mind and pretend you don't worry about it.

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if she stays with him that is her fault not yours.
abusers need the **** kicked out of them period.
to do nothing when you saw that would make you less than the abuser it would make you a puss.

IMO you did what was right for the situation.

People like that guy never stop abusing because nobody makes them stop.

:box: him again

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by simon
So the right thing was to punch some guy in the head 5 times even though he didn't threaten you?

nishbuk, I don't condone what you did but I also understand why you did it, and I do not know how I would react in the same situation. You know you made a mistake in doing what you did - that's a good thing.

Take some time out to think about things. The worst tactic is to push it all to the back of your mind and pretend you don't worry about it.
As bad as I do feel...I still have to wonder what would have happened to the girl if I let it continue.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
i recently did something very stupid too, but your situation seems more justified. i beat up a guy who didn't actually threaten me also.

you're very lucky you did not get charged with anything. unfortunately i was not that lucky. however, i learned from it, and i think you will too.

i would suggest that next time, instead of letting loose on the guy, you simply grab a hold of him and call for help.

if i learned one thing in my experience, it was that i should not take the law into my own hands. it maybe be the influence of having watched so many movies...idk, but the police are there for a reason. don't let your emotions cloud your logic, and just allow them to do their job.

also, when everything is going fine, it's easy for one to say that they have self-control, etc, but it's times like these where we are tested. i'm sure you'll come away a lot more mature afterwards.

-gl

TTom

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, guys, when you see a guy beating up a female and you are unaware of the situation. I believe you should run away, and leave the woman to be brutalized, beaten, possibly killed. ESPECIALLY if you have the training to stop such an event.

Am I the only "kind of" old fashioned guy that see's something wrong with another guy beating up a girlfriend, regardless of the circumstances?

There may be other circumstances that I am not aware of, but from what I can read he did a really good thing, the only thing he missed was getting her number, of course.
:woo:

And you call yourself an aspiring DJ! Never miss an opportunity!

-Tom

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dumbass.

and I mean that in the most sincere way possible.

You aren't very street smart. You don't know this guy. What if he was a world class fighter and just proceeded to pounce on you? What if he was carrying a knife or better yet a gun? And her you come trying to save the day, for a girl you don't know and get killed. What if she just got done sucking his dad's ****? Would you look at the situtation any differently?

There is a reason you pay taxes... Call the police and let them deal with it if you are that damn concerened.

TTom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker
dumbass.

and I mean that in the most sincere way possible.

You aren't very street smart. You don't know this guy. What if he was a world class fighter and just proceeded to pounce on you? What if he was carrying a knife or better yet a gun? And her you come trying to save the day, for a girl you don't know and get killed. What if she just got done sucking his dad's ****? Would you look at the situtation any differently?

There is a reason you pay taxes... Call the police and let them deal with it if you are that damn concerened.
Right, not your problem, not your responsibility, eh?

What if, what if, what if. What if tomorrow you slip while you're taking a shower?
Oh my god you'll be killed!

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did I say I'd do nothing? No. I just wouldn't punch someone 5 times in the head without them going for me first. Five punches to the head from a guy who is trained to fight in a 'no holds barred' style wasn't necessary. Punches to the stomach, maybe, but the head?

TTom

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be more concerned about breaking my hand/knuckle than a guy's skull if it was barefist.

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by simon

no maybe this wasn't the right action but it worked. He could have been killed trying to save this girl.

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hopfully he dosn't hunt you down.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While it is a bit reckless....you did the right thing.

Here's something to think about.

Most people who are in these kinds of relationships will usually team up, once someone intervenes.

If they did this all the time, my guess would be that the girl would have started kicking you, while you were beating that guy up. It's a weird scenario that happens all the time. They fight... someone calls the cops, and when the cops arrive and take the guy down, the GF jumps in to "save" him.... Even though he was hurting her

If this chick ran away, I think you did the right thing.

Who knows.

This prick deserves to get his ass kicked.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
Look I would have done the same...

Call it street smart or not but if he really has training in Brazilian JiuJitsu then he's been trained to neutralize a armed opponent. Im U.S. Army GFT trained which is pretty much Brazilian JiuJitsu except a tad bit dirtier ;).

Look the guy is trained and if he has the training to possibly save a persons life he should use it. Just like if a person is certified in CPR they would try and save a choking or drowning Victim, Im not going to say go beat the crap out of everyone.

But ol boy had it coming, If you wanna beat a woman on the streets expect someone to do somthing about it. Even the roughest dirtiest criminals I know won't beat a woman, that guy was the scum of the earth and he brought it on himself. Just don't get busted...

Course where you went wrong was hitting him after choking him out. Hitting him period actually

You had him from the back and you should have just used a rear naked choke and dug the hooks in. That would have been enough.:p

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Don't listen to these idiots. It would be one thing if they were just verbally arguing, but this guy was obviously going to hurt her.

What kind of man would sit casually by and watch a woman get beat? I would have put this fag through the wall.

According to you, this girl bascially asked for your help. I think you did the right thing.

Movin on up

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kudos you whooped the hell out of that guy. I would have done the SAME thing (Im not violent at all but have a lil martial arts/boxing experience)

That guy deserves a broken face/ wrist/ hand that he hit her with.

Nisbuck. I hope if ur ever in the same situation again. You do the same damn thing.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the displeasure of dining at a Friday's restaurant and listening to some jerkoff in his 30s bragging to some decent looking women (30s) about all the fights he was getting into and winning.
I had half a mind to say to him as he left, "You must not be aging well, since the last time I heard people bragging about fights was in high school."