Ok guys I admit, I am now worried about "The Game"

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This will be a good thing. With women even wiser to our tricks and fakery - or turned off to them by hordes of AFCs - the only way to succeed will be to be a "real man". Natural selection triumphs again.

EDITED:
Or it could devolve to being all about looks and/or money. With DJs seen as dorks quoting movies, women will go for the things that still appeal to them. This would be a bad thing ... but "survival of the fittest".

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
Consider this possibility: what if women really love and dig sex with men and are just YEARNING for guys to man up, grab their jewels and get their feet moving in their direction? They might view "The Game" as a blessing not only for men, but for themselves who actually find that more guys are willing to move their feet forward instead of leering at them off in the distance. It's a win-win situation: men become more skilled and confident in their approaches, and women find guys less creepy overall since they actually approach instead of leering at them off in the distance.

Of course, there are going to be a ton of feminists who want to steer clear of the book and a ton of AFC's who dismiss it, and perhaps a very large segment of society will consider the book to be a joke or amusing diversion. For the rest of us, we'll get a couple of pointers for just a few clams and tighten up our game.

Women would pay a fortune for a guy who can approach (and close) with skill. Be that guy. They will ALWAYS love that, regardless of the latest self-help, or fly-on-the-wall-based-on-a-true-story bestseller.

cfajason

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got my book....hwo many books has Neil writen about the game?Mine doesnt look like the one in amazone....my book is blue colored front page with a bald guy on the cover.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by cfajason
I got my book....hwo many books has Neil writen about the game?Mine doesnt look like the one in amazone....my book is blue colored front page with a bald guy on the cover.
The UK/Euro version has a different cover for some reason.

Saw it on a web site the other day, although I can't remember where.

It's the same book though, with the same content, but a different cover.

The bald guy on the cover is Neil Strauss.

Both versions are on the Amazon UK web page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...1029/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/026-1384138-0367619

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...1115/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_26_2/026-1384138-0367619

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RE:

as much as I am a avid reader of books on dating, seduction, persuasion and such I had never heard of this book until today when I was browsing the dating section at Barnes and Noble. I had noticed it there before but never paid attention until today. Needless to say I picked it up. I dont think you have anything to worry about. I see books like How to Succeed with Women and The Art of Seduction (which is an excellent book) sitting on the shelves all the time while people browse the latest from Dr Phil.

Again I had never heard of the book and Im constantly on the lookout for information and new material so I dont think the average joe will be too keen to it.

AsianPlayboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
FYI I was in a sarge in the Fort Worth / Dallas area and the girl knew about the Cube. Not only entirely too sure HOW she knew (since I don't think it was in the book), but I was able to dismiss the thread and go to a new one (though it did leave me slightly mentally flustered).

fender85

Don Juan
Reaction score
The cube is in the book . . . Papa used it to sarge Paris Hilton. It's mentioned a few other times with some of the other games (best friends test, ESP, etc).

I think there are some drawbacks to the book. I don't use Style's lines, but my game is very similar to his in style (no pun intended). So even though I am not using his exact words, it still comes off the same, which would be obvious to any girl that has read the book (I don't use games though; I generally use humor and stories with DHV).

The book was a real treat though. Opened my eyes about the whole community . . . Almost makes you afraid to get even better with picking up women after seeing the game screw up so many guys' lives. I guess the book would support So Suave > ASF, as the goal of So Suave is to develop in all areas of life (Something the mPUAs of ASF tried to do, but failed at because of their nagging obsession with the game).

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing to worry about unless..i don't know.... 100 MILLON MEN BUY THE BOOK!

if the above were the case I would be worried. There are billions of women in the world, only a couple of thousands have bought the book. You do the math and tell me if we have to worry :rolleyes:

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bookstore

I hit a couple of bookstores today to see if any approachable chicks were reading this book. I could barely even find the ****er. It didn't even make the new release section!
lol

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!!!!!!!
Jariel said it best. The true Don Juans would survive a holocaust (a movie comes along and blows our techniques out of the water)
because instead of memorizing lines, he's making himself a better man, becoming more and more Alpha.

All such a book/movie will do, is to separate the real Alpha Males from the wannabes. There's nothing wrong with being a wannabe, just become eventually!

Bradshaw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Bookstore

Originally posted by everywomanshero
I could barely even find the ****er. It didn't even make the new release section!
I went to the bookstore (a damn big one) the morning it came out. It was tucked away and out of sight. I bought the first of the six copies.

I don't think as many people are aware of this book as many on this board (or mASF) believe.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My buddy took liberty to use the cube. One girl had heard it before, she still liked it.

I am no longer worried about using other peoples openers. It's all the stuff we do to close that is more important.

Plus if a girl is in a ****ty mood there is nothing you should try to do to change it. I'll post more about that on my September 2005 thread in the mature men section.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two more stores...

I checked two more large bookstores stores, again, the book was hard to find even when present.

If the girls know about teks, they probably heard something mentioned on TV or read about it online. I don't think the book really changes anything, to any degree and will soon be forgotten by everyone except the community.

My worry level of getting caught using "familiar" material is now the exact same as before the book came out. I never use anything verbatim anyway.