Official Thread for Audio/Visual pickup tools

homi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read the game by neil strauss a couple times, and I realized although I do keep up on printed material, i need to see things in action to really internalize it..

I'm just wondering if you guys have any audio / video clips youd like to share.

some sites you can use to upload are

video.google.com
www.youtube.com

www.yousendit.com

I know some of you must have materials stashed away, so i'd really appreciate it if everyone shared some of their stuff, I know it'd be highly benefical to me , as well as many others in the DJ community.

waxlrose

Don Juan
Reaction score
The dvd's that helped me the most were the Mystery Method set. I recommend getting them all, there's so many little things that make more sense upon viewing. Like Peacocking!!! At least get his Venusian Arts Handbook, that raises your game infinitely!

LJC

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a good one for those who not only need to get a visual on confidence in action, but how to take control of your life. Notice how his confidence just attracts people to him. Also notice the girl almost instantly mirrors his mood.

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/305/

homi

Don Juan
Reaction score
anyone have some actual footage

i know its harder to share than just tips, but theres gotta be some nice video/audio from the field.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Question

I want to record my pickups and my Creative Muvo mp3 player didn't work so well in a loud bar. It overloaded the microphone, does anyone have any advice on that?

If I get a good way of recording, i will certainly be up for trading clips of pickup.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a lapel microphone.

Most good recorders have <mic> port for a microphone. Just go to the store and buy a little micrphone. Turn off the sensitive feature, or if that isn't an option provided buy an adaptor piece to lower the volume.

When you recode the recording make sure you set the volume to a higher level so the sound is congruent. I hate hearing recordings where it sounds like the person is a mile away or screaming into your ear.

Your mp3 player is probably set to(TOO?) sensitive. See if that works.

Best of luck. Any other questions don't hesitate, I don't mind doing the research...