Numbers about...numbers

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you approach approx. 10 women, do you get about 1-2 phone numbers?

What are your approx. number close ratio? More then 10 to 1-2?
Less? Share your ratio numbers.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuperGigaloDJ
It's different for everyone.

As your skill goes up your ratio will get better.
Sure. Thats why I wonder what is the ballpark figure for guys?
10 to 1?
20 to 1?

I have seen h2o posted 2 to 1 so far!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I think getting a telephone number is over rated. Most of the posts in the forum is about the trouble guys have getting one, getting one that's fake, when to call after getting one, how long to talk, what to say... :rolleyes: I'd rather just say "Hey, lets go get some coffee."

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo al. Even the bestest most handsomest, smartest, and most successfulest dudes can only count on a 30% turnover. Even so, if you're really a big-leaguer, it may actually be less of because of intimidation etc.

You can use the patented rejection to injection ratio formula. It is a simple yet effective formula (explained below):

(%Sc + %Lo + %Ps + %Fi + %Po) / 5

Sc = Socialability. Determine at what percent you feel in terms of being social (are you say 70% social?)

Lo = Looks. Determine at what percent you feel in terms of how good looking you are (or told) (i.e. are you 80% good looking of what is generally considered to be the best looking guys out there - Bradd Pitt for instance?)

Ps = Personality. How does it rate in terms of percent (generally speaking)?

Fi = Finacialability. How do you rate with regart to your finances? Your credit score is a good determinate for this.

Po = How do you rate in terms of potential for financiailability? (have a 4 year degree, certifications etc.?)

Now add each percentage together (Sc + Lo + Ps + Fi + Po) and divide by 5. If you come up with a 50% average then you're average. If you score is anywhere higher than 50, you're above average and so fourth.

Now for those of you that just did this .. is a joke .. lol, but to my surpise after pulling it out of my ass just now .. does make some sense!

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think getting a number is overrated, a number can be a very valuable tool if used correctly. I do however think that some people here think too much when getting a number from a girl. Most of the time I've gotten numbers I haven't even really had to ask for it. When you're talking to a person and the convo is going well then it's usually just the next logical step to take, you exchange numbers. It's not an overwhelming task that some people here make it out to be. It's a natrual thing that should be no different then shaking hands.

To the original subject of this tread, i'll get a number when I feel like the matter is worth pursuing. I won't get numbers from girls with a significant other because I won't bother using it. If the person I'm talking to has an incompatable personality with mine or pisses me off I won't bother getting their number. If however I like the girl and we're hitting it off, I'll number swap with her without even thinking about it. Manytimes though the girl will beat me to the punch and ask me for my number or to get hers... some times it freaks me out...like i'll be thinking about it and she'll all of a sudden ask.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PR has the right idea... a # exchange should be a natural thing. It should be as easy for you to innitiate a # swap as it is for you to comment about the weather to a stranger on an elevator. If things are going well, then the swap will be smooth, no problem

I approach TONS of girls, so my % as far as approaches is very low, maybe 5%? But, my % as far as girls I have innitated a # swap with VS rejections is incredibly high. I dont switch #s unless Im sure I am interested in her and she is interested in me. Id say about 95+% success?

biggestplaya

Don Juan
Reaction score
i tryed this guys, i approached 10 random but hot girls today and out of the 10 i came away with 8 of their numbers and 4 were flattered and began using kino.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Personally I think getting a telephone number is over rated. [/i]
Yes, it is probably the case: the phone number could be overarted.
But at least it can be quantified, and present something more accurate than just"well I approached tons of girls".

I notice some obvious trend: younger guys tend to get higher success ratio and in general approach more.
It is clear why: after 27-30, it is really hard to find women who are approachable, single and actually walk on the street....

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77
Yes, it is probably the case: the phone number could be overarted.
But at least it can be quantified, and present something more accurate than just"well I approached tons of girls".

I notice some obvious trend: younger guys tend to get higher success ratio and in general approach more.
It is clear why: after 27-30, it is really hard to find women who are approachable, single and actually walk on the street....
Actually, I meant the whole number thing itself is unnecessary most of the time, at least for me. Three out of four times I've been out on a date with a woman before I get her number. Those are the times that she just gives it to me because she wants me to call her but I've never asked for her number. Why should I? She's standing right in front of me; if I wanted to go out with her I'd just ask her right then and there. Am I making it seem more simple than it really is?

Oh and another thing, believe or not all women are approachable. The problem is that not all of us are comfortable approaching.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
i thought about leaving this site and never coming back yesterday because i'd racked up a bunch of numbers. i thought i had it down and didn't need to read here anymore, but after calling the numbers i got, i decided to come back.
I have seen h2o posted 2 to 1 so far!
this is an interesting thread too. i've done 15 approaches so far, and have gotten 8/15 numbers...so 53% ? i don't know about the ratio or percentages, but out of those 8 numbers, 1 was fake, and i've gotten only 1 date. though i waited over a week to call each...so, they probably forgot who i was? (i think getting a useless number is way worse than a flat-out rejection because it gives you false hope)

so, yeah, i agree with Interpol that,
Originally posted by Interpol
Numbers don't mean much. Lots of girls will give you their number just to get rid of you.
i'm glad someone brought this up, because i was starting to think approaches were pointless. it does have to come naturally/logically, but i really like this:
Actually, I meant the whole number thing itself is unnecessary most of the time, at least for me. Three out of four times I've been out on a date with a woman before I get her number. Those are the times that she just gives it to me because she wants me to call her but I've never asked for her number. Why should I? She's standing right in front of me; if I wanted to go out with her I'd just ask her right then and there. Am I making it seem more simple than it really is?
this is alot better than asking for a number, and i don't know why i didn't think of it before.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I meant the whole number thing itself is unnecessary most of the time, at least for me. Three out of four times I've been out on a date with a woman before I get her number.
You remind me about a math professor: you seem cannot grasp the idea why high school kids are so interested in measuring how many simple linear equations they solved. It seems pointeless to you, since it doesn't really matter _for you_.

No one is arguing: the numbers are not really important, and no one has ever said here they are.
There is much better idea:per 10 approches how many dates people managed to get? 1 per 20? or 1 per 30?

Anyway, if you can lead convo to that extent that she is willing to go on a date .. yes, it is due to true skills. Much better than anythig else. Would you elaborate on you conversational approach that leads to a date in teh end istaed of just a row of digits? That would be very interesting.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by h2o

... but after calling the numbers i got, i decided to come back.
... out of those 8 numbers, 1 was fake, and i've gotten only 1 date. though i waited over a week to call each

...this is alot better than asking for a number, and i don't know why i didn't think of it before.
Why? the rest 7 numbers were fake?
You should tell us how you managed to get so high success rate without having supe handsome looks and not a lot fo experience?
The only thing I can say you look somewhat better than average, and have a kind expression....but that should not help: girls dont dig kind guys.... probably.

Yes, it is a lot better to get a date right on the spot. But - how are you doing to do that if the convo never goes beyond "what school you go to to..."? It is a mystery to me.
Maybe it is about connection - when you just "click" with a girl - and she talks.. talks and talks... and yeah ready to go on a date with you?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You remind me about a math professor: you seem cannot grasp the idea why high school kids are so interested in measuring how many simple linear equations they solved. It seems pointeless to you, since it doesn't really matter _for you_.

No one is arguing: the numbers are not really important, and no one has ever said here they are.
There is much better idea:per 10 approches how many dates people managed to get? 1 per 20? or 1 per 30?

Anyway, if you can lead convo to that extent that she is willing to go on a date .. yes, it is due to true skills. Much better than anythig else. Would you elaborate on you conversational approach that leads to a date in teh end istaed of just a row of digits? That would be very interesting.
The problem is that you guys are making the numbers more important than the skill, as if you do something 100 times it will automatically make it better than if you do it 10 times. It doesn't make a difference if you do it 1000 times if you aren't focusing on the skills.

Have you noticed that the guys having the most problems are not posting about actual interactions that they've had? They just focus on "I do this and it doesn't work." They do not or can not give any feedback of what happened during the interaction. I'm assuming that they are so focused on the steps instead of the actual experience. Once you guys learn that there is no recipe, you will see success.

Getting to know women isn't the problem you guys are having, it's getting to know yourself in a way that is different than what you have been accustomed to.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The goal is not to get her number! The goal is to hook up with her. Don't ask her for her number, ask her to do sh!t with you first, and if she is into you, she will say yes and offer the number herself, and you wont have her flaking over the phone.

Doing this, you get a 100% calling success rate.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter

Doing this, you get a 100% calling success rate.
THIS is what I'm talking about!

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I think its kinda sad you would even consider #closing EVERY girl you approach. Why, cuz shes hot? Im from Buffalo, no great shakes, but I still try to screan them for compatability. When you approach and things dont work out its only a failure if you are a TRUE PUA, and all you are trying to do is pickup. Most guys are trying to find FUN, INTERESTING women to seek socially... she shouldnt make youre list because shes 5'7 with a C cup and a size 1. She should make youre list because shes all that AND you two have chemistry. Duh.