Number closing

Harith

Don Juan
Reaction score
The idea of getting a phone number has been put on a pedestal by some people our age. This is attributed to many things including movies and information derived from conversations with friends. All of these sources project one false underlying idea that number=pickup. Some people might not agree with this but before you state your disapproval, try to think of your friends or people that you know that put great weight on extracting a phone number from a girl.

In this day and age, IM methods such as MSN messenger, AIM and Yahoo! messenger have become so common that over 90% of kids our age have an account in one. Next time you meet someone new and you are genuinely interested in pursuing getting to know them, try excusing yourself at the peak of the conversation by saying "I have to go, (do not apologise) do you have email/msn/aim?" as they tell you, pull out your phone and ask for their phone number aswell.

Simple =)

Harith

MARVEL IQ

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is similar to David D.'s get the email then ask for the phone number too. I don't see the big deal about numbers. Alot of my natural friends spend more time on aim than phone. For one you can talk to multiple girls and it gives you time to think of what to say.

NICE Harith.

Love,
Marvel IQ

Harith

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is similar to David D. I think that alot of people do not understand how effective and easy his method is.

Here is an example of what happened yesterday im in an all guys school fyi

I went to watch a friend at her debating when i saw someone on the other team that i thought was at least an 8.5/10. Taking the cue of initial eye contact, we maintained it for about 2 mins (she was second speaker and had a while to go). Throughout her argument, she was giving a few IOI's and i even made her stutter with a deep stare =p. Well i went to talk to her afterwards for about 3 mins then my friend said we had to go. I asked her straight out for her number followed by her email (it wasnt neccesary but i did it anyway).

Although it may seem easier to use IM for chatting, if you can overcome the initial awkwardness that comes with phone chats, its a much more effective method of communication

Harith

j8snx1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shezz could not have put that in a better way.

Just ask for a number man, I personally think that asking for e-mail/AIM/MSN, and THEN asking for the number is just an unnecessary step. You're going to get her # anyway, so why not just get it right then and there?

Harith

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see your point Shezz, asking for an email first is for those who are starting out. I never chat to a girl before meeting up with them for the second time. If you refer to my example posted, you will see that I got the number before the email. The day 2 went very well today and I had just finished chatting to her for the first time. Getting the email is a mere formality that can be left out but if you are lacking confidence, it is a viable and effective stepping stone.

Harith

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey, you're kinda cool. What's your number?"