Number closing a girl who's cell phone isn't working

VastanVer2.0

Don Juan
Reaction score
So tonight I had a couple of short interactions with a girl. She approached me while the club was pretty slow. I ended up leaving early but before I took off I saw her chilling with some dude obviously accepting free booze. I wave her over, she comes compliantly. I say I need to take off, but I want her number. She says she doesn't have a cell right now. I'm like "oh", she immediately pipes up saying she'll give me her number and she's getting a new cell in a week. She double checks I enter the number in right and makes sure I get her name right (she's like "it's ....., spelled with a y").

Is there any need to try and contact this chick or is it a lost cause?

No Girls 4 U

Don Juan
Reaction score
She gave you the number. She told you when she'd have a phone. So, wait a week, then call her.

Also: if u ever do get that line again, just ask if the girl has Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, skype... there are so many ways to get in touch with people these days it's ridiculous. Plus, u know if she tells you she doesn't have ANY way of getting in contact with you in ANY way, she's just not interested.

VastanVer2.0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I was taking her initial "I don't have a cell phone" as a ****ed up excuse rejection. But she quickly corrected saying that her cell was stolen. I'm not sure if it's still a rejection, I've become skeptical to what girls say these days (I've been fed so much bs from girls it's not funny).

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would assume she's telling the truth unless you find out otherwise when you call. If it turns out that she's not, well at least you haven't lost your faith in all of humanity by blowing her off before even trying.

You shouldn't let it affect you too much. There are other women out there and if you call and the number doesn't work then you're much better off without her in your life.

VastanVer2.0

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll still try her. The worst that could happen is she'll say no/wont answer/if turns out to be a fake. I'll try and get her out either back to a club and pull to her place from there (found out she lived minutes from the club area) or I'll get her out on a day2 in the middle of the city and try to isolate at her place.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, sounds good.

Don't get into the habit of over analysing.

In a week when you make contact, either:

- Number is a fake, so you ditch it and see other chicks

- Number is real, you make contact, and regardless of how it goes you see other chicks

Simple really!

VastanVer2.0

Don Juan
Reaction score
runner83 said:
Yes, sounds good.

Don't get into the habit of over analysing.

In a week when you make contact, either:

- Number is a fake, so you ditch it and see other chicks

- Number is real, you make contact, and regardless of how it goes you see other chicks

Simple really!
Well number isn't a fake (I tried it and got her voice mail immediately). I'll try her in a week and see what's what.