Now what?

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no idea why I'm posting here. A mix of boredom and desperateness. I don't even know if I have a purpose with this thread. Maybe an attempt to keep some sort of a "self-improvement log". We'll see.

Anyways. Some background info. I remember I was 17 when I thought "****, I need a girlfriend." Why didn't I have a girlfriend? Of course. I had never had a crush on anyone before. As soon as this happened, things would go smoothly. Haha.

I had just turned 18 when my dream came through. Fell in love with a girl in my class, how awesome. It didn't take more than a couple of weeks before I realized. I was clueless. I did get her attention from time to time and was in heaven for those few minutes once a week, but well, I think I knew all the time that this was gonna end in disaster.

So it did. 2-3 months after falling for her, I realized that it never was gonna be us. How sad. I got depressed over this girl. I started to think that noone liked me, and the more that thought bothered me, the more truth was added to the statement. People went from liking me to nothing me to dislike me. I hated myself, and thought I was stuck with my personality forever. zzz. Then I found a random thread on the internet called "The New Formula For Getting Chicks". I have to admit, I laughed. I opened the ridiculously long thread with the ridiculous name, and quickly realized that this **** wasn't about getting your thing down there which is cencored wet. It was about improving yourself. After three days I had read 100/300 pages - 2000 posts. I was obsessed.

This was in 2006. I'm now 20. I have quite a lot of friends, people like me, I like me. I haven't kissed a girl yet, I'm a virgin, but I still like me. But what's so great about self-improvement is that once you realize that it's working, you also realize that there are no limits. I want to like me better. I just need to figure out how. I guess I found a purpose with the thread after all.

This became 10x longer than I thought. I'll continue boring you to death later. If anyone is stupid enough to read all this, that is.

Don Juan
Reaction score
What needs to be changed?

Mentally
The most important one first. I went from hitting rock bottom to slowly regaining confidence by reading what my mindset SHOULD be like. Turn everything negative into motivation. The more it got banged into my head, the more it got applied in the real life. I'm quite confident I know what my ultimate goal is, if there is such a thing. I'm just a bit clueless how to reach that goal. I know I have to potential to be a funny, charming, intelligent and calm guy in every social situation. How do I know? Because I've done it. But being that person once in a while isn't good enough.

Looks
I don't care what anyone says. It's important. I'm hopefully getting rid of my terrible acne forever within this summer, and I've been lifting on and off for a while. I need more consistency in my training, the knowledge is there after way too many hours on different bodybuilding forums.

Girls
The longer you're waiting, the more embarassing it becomes. I'm rarely intimitaded by girls, and I know for sure that girls have been attracted to me. My biggest problem? I have no balls at all. Honestly, I'm terrified of kissing a girl because I know I'll suck at it the first time. Fear. Simple as that. I have ****loads of work when it comes to seducing as well. After people started to like me, I suddenly realized what the friend zone was. Time to fix this.

Socially
All my close mates are gone to other cities or military service this year, hence I've had to find new friends. This is not really a problem, I got two different groups I hang out with and I'm out drinking every weekend. Also I got a new job last year and have got some new friends there. The problem is that I'm stuck with the same people every weekend, which makes it really hard to meet new girls unless I approach in clubs. Right.

Other
I couldn't care less about school this year. I'm studying history, but I'm moving to another city to study economics next semester. I never show up to class and don't really care if I pass my exams or not. Next year I'll have to get back on track with the school work, though.

That's mostly it. Now I just need to find a solution to my problems.

Don Juan
Reaction score
So there is this girl from work I've been interested in a while. She's seriously impossible to read - one second she seems really interested, the next I don't exist. I definitely blew it a while ago when I didn't dare to ask her out. 80% due to fear of rejection, 20% because she had a boyfriend until february (who she hated). You may call it an one-itis, but I have my feelings under control. If I **** things up one day, I'm 10x more inspired to fix things the next. I actually enjoy battling myself mentally, so I think this "one-itis" actually is helping more than it hurts. Anyways.

I've only been out with my co-workers twice, last time on saturday. My co-workers have no clue about my social life and that my friends mostly are boring virgins. They actually think I'm good with girls without being a ****head, and always give me lots of attention. Whether I want it or not. Social status, anyone? She seemed interested again on saturday when we went to the birthday party of one of my other co-workers. Dragged me back to the dance floor when I went to have a drink, asked me where I was going all the time, eyeballed me when I was dancing with other girls. Once again I blew it. I do everything right until the last ****ing step - show interest myself. I don't even know how to do it, I feel really uncomfortable flirting with girls, taking things a step further. I get stuck in some sort of a "nah, he's not interested in me so I'll go find someone else to ****"-zone. Help is definitely appreciated.

Co-workers are in general off-limits, but I'm quitting my job when I'm moving in august to another city (which is another reason to not start a relationship). But that isn't an excuse as long as I have the chance to get into her pants. So, conclusion. Number one priority besides getting rid of my acne: Learn to show interest, learn to seduce, learn to overcome a fear which only becomes bigger and bigger every single day. Starting now.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus. Thought I was over this feel-down-because-of-girls ****. Anyways.

I'm working part time at a supermarket, which means I have to talk to hundreds of customers every day. Haven't really bothered to small talk with people because 95% of the convos are ridiculously boring and/or awkward. But, I'll try starting up some convos with basically anyone. Good practice.

My social skills have improved ****loads over the last year, but I feel like I've stagnated the last couple of months. I've had an eye inflammation for 6 weeks which have prevented me from doing anything. No work, no lifting, barely any alcohol. Finally it's gone, but I have exams coming up and accutane means less alcohol which again leads to somewhat less social life. I've recently discovered that my friends are really boring too, they kinda slow down my progression everywhere although they're good guys. I need to meet new people, though. I'll try to not take water over my head, but that's another "project" to work on.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Every time I'm out clubbing, I feel like **** the next day, and I'm not talking about the hangover I have right now. Yesterday was awful. Approaching girls is the last thing on my mind when I'm out, and my female friends look at me as, well, a friend. Oh, another story which annoys me like crazy. On my way home, I bought something to eat and some soda. I sat down at a bench, and then some random idiot walks by, kicks my soda to the ground and keep walking. I didn't even say something to him, just sat there and looked like an idiot.

Haven't felt this down in a long ****ing time. I don't even feel motivated to improve myself to not let these things repeat themselves, just hopelessness. ****.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
042208 said:
Every time I'm out clubbing, I feel like **** the next day, and I'm not talking about the hangover I have right now. Yesterday was awful. Approaching girls is the last thing on my mind when I'm out, and my female friends look at me as, well, a friend. Oh, another story which annoys me like crazy. On my way home, I bought something to eat and some soda. I sat down at a bench, and then some random idiot walks by, kicks my soda to the ground and keep walking. I didn't even say something to him, just sat there and looked like an idiot.

Haven't felt this down in a long ****ing time. I don't even feel motivated to improve myself to not let these things repeat themselves, just hopelessness. ****.
Wrong....HE was the one looking like an idiot.

"Number one priority besides getting rid of my acne: Learn to show interest, learn to seduce, learn to overcome a fear which only becomes bigger and bigger every single day."

A lot of people have this problem...you just have to grab your balls (my new favorite expression, picked up from this site of course :D ) and get a date...that way she KNOWS you're interested. Also, kino up a storm!

Don Juan
Reaction score
ARrocket said:
Wrong....HE was the one looking like an idiot.

"Number one priority besides getting rid of my acne: Learn to show interest, learn to seduce, learn to overcome a fear which only becomes bigger and bigger every single day."

A lot of people have this problem...you just have to grab your balls (my new favorite expression, picked up from this site of course :D ) and get a date...that way she KNOWS you're interested. Also, kino up a storm!
Heh, he definitely did. But standing up for yourself is, though it won't refill my soda, important. Next time someone may threathen a friend of mine. What then? Stand there and do nothing?

And yes, showing interest is definitely my biggest problem beside meeting new girls. It's partly due to fear of rejection, and partly because I have no idea how to do it. It doesn't come naturally to me, so I have to put my mind to it and actually think of what I'm doing and not doing all the time. Not that easy, I've discovered :)