not sure what to do

russian2

Don Juan
Reaction score
i work with this girl and i like her a lot. ive never had an official girlfriend but i really like this girl. i asked her to the movies and she said sure how about this weekend. However im not sure if she likes me as a friend or something more. How could i find out during this date if shes into me?

justiceseeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is one of those posts they're talking about. Come to think of it, I'm getting close to 10 posts. Ah, who cares?

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
russian2 said:
i work with this girl and i like her a lot. ive never had an official girlfriend but i really like this girl. i asked her to the movies and she said sure how about this weekend. However im not sure if she likes me as a friend or something more. How could i find out during this date if shes into me?
Props on asking her, but dude, a movie? Come on. What are you going to find out about her at a movie? That Brad Pitt looks hot on screen? You should have taken her for coffee to find out more about her, not a 2 hour movie where she can stare at Brad's body.

You are not sure if she likes you as a friend or something more? She said yes to you didn't she? She could have wanted to go a movie with her older brother but she picked to go with you because she knows you are going to kiss her so hard at the end that she will cry.

Reaction score
I disagree DonJuan ... movie screams easy makeout does it not? then continue on in the car, if you're into that sort of thing Russian? depends? do you want play??... or... relationship nice and easy?... you're prolly gonna get both says my intuition but eh, never know.

russian2

Don Juan
Reaction score
well i wanted a relationship with her but i recently found out that shes going away to college in august :(

russian2

Don Juan
Reaction score
how would i try to start making out with her? and when, in the movie or in the car after?

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
russian2 said:
well i wanted a relationship with her but i recently found out that shes going away to college in august :(
Nice one, you dodged that bullet.

I can never understand guys jumping into relationships without wanting to play the field. It's like choosing a car before test driving any.

The way you find out if she's trying to be mates, is by making a move at the end of the night - after being a fun/charismatic guy.

And how can you decide you want a relationship with a bird before actually going out with her?

Also, MAKE IT CLEAR FROM THE OUTSET WHAT YOU WANT! If you make it clear you're not interested in being mates, then you won't have this problem.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
russian2 said:
how would i try to start making out with her? and when, in the movie or in the car after?
You just go for it with NO apologies. Geez, it's very simple. If she doesn't want you to, then she'll let you know. If you sweat it when she doesn't want it, then she'll rule over you and work will suck. So, never show her that it bothers you.

russian2

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats the thing i have to work with her so if i try and fail then working with her will be kind of awkward

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suggest that you don't date women that you work with. It's a path that should not be taken for your own sake, but you have nothing to lose if she's moving in August.

Yes, it will be awkward at work for a little while, but you cannot allow her to have that power over you. If she doesn't like your advances, then you stop seeing her. Stop pursuing her. She will respect you for drawing that line. She will see that it doesn't bother you because you know that she made a bad decision. If you don't let if get to you, then it won't be awkward. You're a man and that's what men do. They go for what they want and sometimes, more than not, they get rejected.

Good luck, bro!

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't show your intentions just yet. Think of it as getting to know her to decide if YOU want her. Unless you are getting very clear signals, you need to build some sexual tension before you make out, or things are going get awkward FAST. A movie, sadly, is not necessarily the best venue for this.

You need to start the night off by getting her laughing. Playful teasing, LOTS of kino right of the bat--or else it'll seem creepy later. You don't want to be the guy that stretches and then puts his arm over a girl during the movie.

Get a snack that you can share before the movie (big thing of popcorn, etc.). Get her to giggle when the lights go out and give her a loud "Shhhh!" If she's not giggling, that's not a good sign.

If there's a point in the movie that's scary, or even just mock-dramatic, tell her half joking to give you her hand and you'll get her through it. Start to kino again and escalate if she seems receptive. If she's giving you those eyes and holding your gaze, she's ready.

Wodan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeffst1980 said:
Don't show your intentions just yet. Think of it as getting to know her to decide if YOU want her. Unless you are getting very clear signals, you need to build some sexual tension before you make out, or things are going get awkward FAST. A movie, sadly, is not necessarily the best venue for this.

You need to start the night off by getting her laughing. Playful teasing, LOTS of kino right of the bat--or else it'll seem creepy later. You don't want to be the guy that stretches and then puts his arm over a girl during the movie.

Get a snack that you can share before the movie (big thing of popcorn, etc.). Get her to giggle when the lights go out and give her a loud "Shhhh!" If she's not giggling, that's not a good sign.

If there's a point in the movie that's scary, or even just mock-dramatic, tell her half joking to give you her hand and you'll get her through it. Start to kino again and escalate if she seems receptive. If she's giving you those eyes and holding your gaze, she's ready.

I agree wholeheartedly, also try a scary film so she has an excuse to curl up into you or whatever so you can comfort her and so on, watch the film at the start of the date and then you can use it as a conversation piece whenever you run out of ideas.

russian2

Don Juan
Reaction score
let me give you a low down of how this all started. We were at work and she said something along the lines of, "you never hang out with me". so i said how bout we go to a movie or hang out soon? she said ya sure. she then messages me "school ends friday, we should hang out this weekend, sound like a plan? i said, "what do you want to do?" she said hang out it see a movie, either one!" and it went from there.

let me remind you, shes never had a boyfriend and ive never really had a girl friend

Wodan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
russian2 said:
let me give you a low down of how this all started. We were at work and she said something along the lines of, "you never hang out with me". so i said how bout we go to a movie or hang out soon? she said ya sure. she then messages me "school ends friday, we should hang out this weekend, sound like a plan? i said, "what do you want to do?" she said hang out it see a movie, either one!" and it went from there.

let me remind you, shes never had a boyfriend and ive never really had a girl friend
'you never hang out with me' = i want you to hang out with me

remember you choose what movie, you must lead situations, Try not to take things too seriously, I know it 'might' be your first relationship but there will probably be alot more to come.

Good luck I think if you consult guys on here over things your confused about and read the book of pook you wont have much problem :)

Rook

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey R2 !! You made it here! Was hoping you would from the links I gave you on the other site. Welcome to the site bro. Lots of good info here for you to read and learn from.

Take it easy and have fun with the date!

russian2

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha rook ya good links man thanks. this is like a whole hidden domain of the internet for me. the underground

i hope shes into me and i dont eff up haha.

Reaction score
Jeffst1980 said:

Not bad, I like this post, and I'm going to use it.

russian2

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya i have touched and brushed her arms and stuff and she totally used it on me too. she was telling me a story one time and put her arm on my shoulder about 6 times.