Nooooooooooo!

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend just sent out an e-mail saying he just got engaged to a girl he's known for 3 months! She actually moved in with him like 2 weeks after meeting him and now he's about to make the biggest mistake of his life. The kid is barely 20. I don't know how/if I can convince him to change his mind. Here's a shortened version of the e-mail he sent out:

Some of you guys have met xxx and I and others have not, but we both have an announcement to make. xxx and I just got back from her birthday-trip, and on Friday night I proposed to xxx on a carriage ride. She replied with an excited yes, and we both agreed that our engagement will be for roughly one year.

The spoiled brat already knew that the proposal was coming because we had talked about getting married-- or even running away to Vegas-- several times before. A lot of you guys will be shocked and possibly even worried, but I really don't know what to tell you other than it just feels right. I've met my one and only.

I don't know if I should tell him to get out now or wait it out and see if it fizzles. I haven't met this chick, but this dude's got ALOT going for him and can get most women with a little effort.

Ricard78

Don Juan
Reaction score
Although i would not recommend marrige at such young age, he feels she is the one. If you try to change his mind the two of you may fall out (this happend with me and a friend a few years ago).

If i were you just let him go with it, if it falls appart later you can be there for him.

Ricard

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't try to be the hero in this situation. Display your concern if he asks your opinion but don't try ridicule or change his mind.

MasterPlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Love Is Blind, mostly like if he's an AFC he won't listen to you, or see things you way. However, I would mention your concerns once, and not make a big deal out of it. At least you'll feel better knowing that you tried to save his life.

MasterPlayer

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the guy loves her, THERE IS NOTTING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. On the other hand, being his friend and all, (being intrusted to wach out for your main man) you should make him take precautions (spelling). For example, if he has some money you might want to convince him to buy some bonds and NEVER TOUCH IT AGAIN. Cause if he does get devorced, that money should be protected from her (as long as he doesn't use any of it while married to her, and as long as he invested it before the marriage).

It's a shame. poor guy.:(