Noob poster, but workout moderately.

yyyy1313

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Haywood, I'll give the egg white another shot. It's not bad or anything, I'm usually just starving after eating it is all. I'll get a 2nd serving and it should be all good. What are your thoughts on peanut butter, avocado and similar things such as that?

PS: I do ask that they not add brown sugar. Let me give you the specs on it. Mcdonald's - Oatmeal Without Brown Sugar, With Cranberry,Raisin,Apple & Light Cream, 18.4 oz 260 calories, 48 carbs, 5 fat, 5 protein, 115 sodium and 6 sugar.

yyyy1313

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have adjusted things around where I'm getting about 150 carbs, 180 protein and about 1500 sodium. Sugar is just under 30 gram, I'm still not always great about the sodium, but little by little.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haywood Jablome said:
There is nothing good that comes from the yolk of an egg. It is mostly cholesterol, which is bad and why people just eat the whites. Yes, you can have more servings of the whites because you are getting good nutrients from it. If the complete egg was good, then no one would separate the whites from the yolk and sell them separately.

Yes, your veins will become more prominent, which is due to less subcutaneous fat and water retention.

True, he may not be trying to get into contest shape, but if he has already decided to eat oatmeal, at least he should get the most out of it without taking in stuff that will slow the process down.
I'm sorry but that's utter bullsh1t and shows how little you understand about nutrition. Whole eggs are great for you, you want that yolk. People don't understand how fat is extremely beneficial to the body. Egg whites are pretty much just protein, so there's no additional "good nutrients" whereas the yolk is very much nutrient dense. Your body synthesizes testosterone using cholesterol and dietary cholesterol has been shown to have zero negative affect on cholesterol levels.

TL;DR Eat whole eggs, they're fvcking awesome

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haywood Jablome said:
There is nothing good that comes from the yolk of an egg. It is mostly cholesterol, which is bad and why people just eat the whites. Yes, you can have more servings of the whites because you are getting good nutrients from it. If the complete egg was good, then no one would separate the whites from the yolk and sell them separately.

Yes, your veins will become more prominent, which is due to less subcutaneous fat and water retention.

True, he may not be trying to get into contest shape, but if he has already decided to eat oatmeal, at least he should get the most out of it without taking in stuff that will slow the process down.
rubbish

Eat the whole egg

I eat the whole egg - arnie ate the whole egg danzy eats the whole egg. Eat the whole goddamn egg goddammit!

:D

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you just ignore everything Haywood said, you'll be doing well.

Haywood Jablome said:
HA btw. What is this magic oatmeal and where can I buy it?

yyyy1313

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, where can I buy a bench that does flat, incline and decline with the bar? Or do I need three different ones for it? I want this at home so on days where I can't make the gym I can just throw in 30 minutes to an hour at home. Also I was hoping to find something that can handle up to 300 pounds. I don't plan to get at this weight anytime soon, but it's a nice motivation for when I do.

Any recommendation most welcomed!

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yyyy1313 said:
Hey guys, where can I buy a bench that does flat, incline and decline with the bar? Or do I need three different ones for it? I want this at home so on days where I can't make the gym I can just throw in 30 minutes to an hour at home. Also I was hoping to find something that can handle up to 300 pounds. I don't plan to get at this weight anytime soon, but it's a nice motivation for when I do.

Any recommendation most welcomed!
Look online. I have found that they are much cheaper than buying one in person at a brick & mortar store.

yyyy1313

Don Juan
Reaction score
I ended up getting a free bench and incline bench from a co worker, so that worked out. I started measuring my BMI using measuring tape and I don't know if I did it accurately. I measured the wrist, forearm, hips, waist and used my weight, but I don't think it accurately gave me my BMI. Do calipers give you a more truthful result than using the method I used above?

yyyy1313

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a little over a month since I posted the original thread and I figure I update it with a lot of changes I made and diet changes I've done. So as some of you recall when I first started this diet I had my caloric diet at about 1500 calories.

Some of the positives was just a massive amount of weight loss.

The negatives I had because I had so few calories after week 3 or 4 since the thread started, I started losing a lot of power. My max's have dropped. I went from benching 235 to benching 220 and struggling hard to get it off. My curls went from curling 120 to about 120 just less reps. My squat actually went up. There were other things, but it wasn't a big deal.

When I started this thread I weighed 220 pounds with a BMI of about 24 percent. And I had already done this diet for about a month before I started this thread. So this diet worked really well for me for about 7 weeks until I started noticing the decline. Once I noticed the decline I figure I keep at it for another week and then start altering things around.

So the first thing I did was tweak my work out plan. The main ideas behind it I really liked, but like some of the posters mentioned I was probably over training for the Caloric intake I was allowing myself. So I decided to tweak it with heavier weights a rep or two less and just 3 exercises and 3 sets a body part (IE: Chest, Back, Bicep, Tricep, Shoulders, Legs) (abs I would just do 2 sets and 2 exercises). I also dropped an exercise out of the rotation, so for each body part I was only doing 3 exercises, 3 sets at about 8 to 9 reps. With that said I started playing around with this idea of one week going heavy and another week going for high repetition (15 to 20 reps).

I mentioned originally that I was doing sprint drills, I'm still doing that there was no changes to it since I felt the sprinting was huge for my weight loss and building of muscle, which I will explain later. As far as the calisthenic day, on weeks that I would do high repetition weight I would do calisthenic on that week.

So for the most part the workout plan I set for myself is still intact just tweaked a bit on my lifting days. As far as my diet goes, I started thinking a lot more about my macro nutrients. I still don't care about the food I eat for the most part as long as it doesn't wreck my macros but I have tweaked my diet since then. I took out the Ramen Noodles, I love the stuff, but at this point in my fitness level, I just can't have this daily. It can be a cheat meal here and there, but honestly I rather go to Wendy's on my cheat meals.

My new diet consists of the following:

I wake up at about 5 am and drink the following
Pro Complete - Chocolate (taste fantastic) 203 calories, 4 carbs, 3 fat, 40 protein, 45 sodium and 0 sugar
Intek Evolution - Chocolate Protein Shake 160 calories, 2 carbs, 1 fat, 34 protein, 35 sodium and 1 sugar
Barlean's - Flax Oil 100% Organic, 15 ml (1 tbsp) 120 calories, 0 carbs, 14 fat, 0 protein, 0 sodium and 0 sugar

This is my first meal of the day and has my calories at about 483. My main focus here is to meet my protein requirement of at least 210 grams. So I still do McDonalds, I don't care what anyone says, the macros are fine on it and I have no inclination to remove it. Like before I eat the first one at around 9 and the 2nd one at around 11 am. I still don't add brown sugar. It's as follows:

As mentioned above I eat this at around 9 am

Mcdonald's - Oatmeal Without Brown Sugar, With Cranberry,Raisin,Apple & Light Cream, 18.4 oz 260 calories, 48 carbs, 5 fat, 5 protein, 115 sodium and 6 sugar.

As mentioned above I then eat another one at around 11 am

Mcdonald's - Oatmeal Without Brown Sugar, With Cranberry,Raisin,Apple & Light Cream, 18.4 oz 260 calories, 48 carbs, 5 fat, 5 protein, 115 sodium and 6 sugar.

Lunch is still subway with any of the following at around 2:20 pm:

Ham Sandwich - 315 calories, 52 carbs, 5 fat, 18 protein, 1010 sodium, 4 sugar
Roast Beef Sandwich - 420 calories, 47 carbs, 15 fat, 26 protein, 1180 sodium, 7 sugar
Philly Cheese Steak - 430 calories, 54 carbs, 10 fat, 27 protein, 990 sodium and 11 sugar
Meatball sandwich - 480 calories, 59 carbs, 18 fat, 21 protein, 950 sodium and 12 sugar

It really depends on my mood, I even added a meatball sandwich to the mix.

For dinner I wrap it up with another protein shake with three servings of the following:

Intek Evolution - Chocolate Protein Shake 160 calories, 2 carbs, 1 fat, 34 protein, 35 sodium and 1 sugar

So my caloric intake hovers around 1700 to 2000, this is what I eat on days when I'm not sprinting, working on a big body part such as legs, or chest and back. So for 4 days of the week I keep my caloric intake at around this range. On days where I do sprinting and the big body parts I get at least 2200 sometimes a bit more. I'm not losing weight as quickly now, but I'm gaining strength back.

Since the change up I am now at 210 with a BMI of just slightly over 20. This diet is the core, but keep in mind I do have cheat meals. On those days whenever they happen (when I have the urge to cheat) I eat anything from, pizza, wendy's, steak and cheese anything I want. I try to stay within my macro range, but I have on occasion gone as crazy as 3,000 calories for the day.

PS: On a side note, I am thinking of using this stuff called Mass Carnage, I hear I can gain about 10 pounds of muscle in a month. So fricking tempting!!!!

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, you won't gain 10 lbs of muscle in a month unless you're on roids. Beginners can put on about 5 lbs a month in the very beginning, and once it evens out it's more like ~1.5 lbs. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, unless you're talking about gear.

Anyway, solid post man, glad to see your plan worked well for a time, and it's even better to see you adjusting it for greater benefit. I will say I'm a huge fan of combining hypertrophy and strength training, rather than sticking to only one, the benefits are awesome. It's how I train.