Non AFC way to ask a girl to be your girlfriend?

LiquidD

Reaction score
I finally found a girl who I really like, and I know for a fact she really likes me and wants us to be exclusive, but I was wondering what would be a nice romantic way to do this without seeming like an AFC.

I was thinking of the whole roses approach, but once again I have no idea. What do you guys think?

AngelEyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly? I wouldn't. Asking her only puts her on the spot and gives her a chance to say no. Both are bad ideas. Just keep with the DJing and once you get her to kiss you in HS then it's pretty much understood that you are in a relationship.

Unless you're gaming a slut. But then again, we don't want sluts because they'd make good girlfriends, now do we?

Ether

Don Juan
Reaction score
AngelEyes said:
Honestly? I wouldn't. Asking her only puts her on the spot and gives her a chance to say no. Both are bad ideas. Just keep with the DJing and once you get her to kiss you in HS then it's pretty much understood that you are in a relationship.

Unless you're gaming a slut. But then again, we don't want sluts because they'd make good girlfriends, now do we?
I'm gonna second his question.

I've easily lost 3 or so girls (since September) that liked me a lot just because they were frustrated with me because I didn't ask them out when we were at the point where we both knew we liked each other. I feel like I lose a lot of girls I'd like to keep around because I don't pull the trigger and ask, but I still don't want to start off on the note that I had to give her the decision.

Porky04

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh, i remember this one girlfriend that lasted 14 months. I was with her when my friends were around, and then I went off with my mates.

I sent a text and it read something like "Hey, nice to see you today. My mates are all asking me if you are my girlfriend. I have told them you are, is that ok? :-D"

Needless to say, I didn't even consider the backlash if she said no. But on hindsight, what if she did? She would have said no anyway? I got the idea from sales technique. (Presume they will want it/you)

Hope it helps

LiquidD

Reaction score
I am in no way concerned that she will say no, the other thing I'm wondering about is how I should ask her. I want it to be special and romantic without spoiling her too much.

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow... how about saying "will you go out with me?"

this is ridiculous. if you are afraid saying that will make you look afc, then you probably are and according to that train of thought you will be dumped within the week anyway... but that isnt reality. just man up, ask her out, and everything will be fine.

LiquidD

Reaction score
Hmmm maybe we are having some miscommunication...

I'm not afraid to ask her or anything, I just want to know if giving her flowers will be too much?

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just ask, don't bother with flowers or any other gifts.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
buy her 24 roses, go to her house, fill the room with candles, and when she comes home, have the roses in your hand. Get on your knees and beg her to be your one and only girlfriend and tell her that you can't live without her. Say PLEASE like you mean it, and start to cry a little if she says no at first.

it's the only way man, trust me.

oh wait, there is one other way though, but it's risky.
you could ask her to hang out this weekend, but I wouldn't recommend that, it might be too forward.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zubs said:
Hate to be a ****, but seriously?

The nice romantic way is afc. read the bible
dam, stop it with this sh1t.
too many people on here are relying on just the bible.
stop going by formula.

girls like romance.
it's ok to ask a girl out in a romantic way.

it's not what you do, but how do it.