No Response to Text. Next?

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sent text at noon today for date #2. Still have no response. am i to assume low interest and next that biotch?

Appoloin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have said it a million times do not text to ask a girl out on a date ever. Especially date number two call. But yes next her ***** ass don't waste your time shell probably text or try to attempt to talk to you later just do not respond.

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
eh i've texted girls for dates lots of times (and this one i facebook asked for date #1!) and have been successful. i think it's a generational thing.

but yeah am nexting her.

Caferacer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her.

You wouldn't send an email for a date, why would you text it.

It's easier to turn someone down by text than by phone.
It's easier to turn someone down by phone than in person.

I would call her, just for ****s and giggles. Worst off she says no.
ALWAYS call.

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah no worries, i aint contactnig again. besides, i didnt really connect with her on date #1 so i wasnt really into her. she was cute, but there was just no spark. just wantd to get laid i guess. time to spin more plates.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well if you have calledyou woudl have got a more definate answer, and woudl know EXACTLY where you stood/what the deal was...much less ambiguity

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
look, there's no two ways of viewing it. if her interest level was high enough, she'd respond. since she didnt respond, it's not high enough. at this point, that's no different from her saying flat out no. so yeah, there isnt that much ambiguity.

starplayer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I may not be in your time zone so how long ago did you send it? I've had girls take 3-4 hours to reply to a text and it was still cool in the end. However, if she doesn't reply then I agree that it is low interest - take Danger's advice in that case.

I have also used texting to set up a meet with a girl (I know it goes against what many guys on the forum advise). It depends on the girl but it usually works for me if the girl is interested. I then finalize the plans over the phone.

However, I would say that you shouldn't ask for the date on the first text. You should send a text first to fish for interest and depending on how she responds you then ask if she wants to hang out on the second/third text then end the conversation. Don't text unless you have something to say.

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I may not be in your time zone so how long ago did you send it? I've had girls take 3-4 hours to reply to a text and it was still cool in the end
It's been a day now. pretty sure i know the answer at this point.

thanks for the texting advice, though. ive already forgotten her, so it's cool.

OFWHAP

Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl who's interested will respond as soon as she gets it. I'd say texting is best saved for late-night festivities.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1.) Like many of the guys on here have already said, usually its much better to call for a date than to text.

2.) Im a fan of the "two strike" rule. I agree that you probably shouldn't contact her again unless she contacts you first. However, unlike some the guys here I think it could be okay to try again if she contacts you. Just take it easy and see where it goes

Good luck

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hopelessguy said:
look, there's no two ways of viewing it. if her interest level was high enough, she'd respond. since she didnt respond, it's not high enough. at this point, that's no different from her saying flat out no. so yeah, there isnt that much ambiguity.
thers still a lot more ambiguity than calling, calling you put her on the spot, she has to answer, cant ignore you on the phone...

i wonder if she went out with a different guy she saw as more confident b'coz he bohtered to call her up! ha!

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
eh if she's going to ding me because some other dude bothered to call, he can have her.

really i dont care. im a great guy and i have other plates spinning (met yet anotehr girl today). its her loss.

OFWHAP

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see all these guys posting about how "so and so girl" won't respond to their texts, but then they post that they're spinning plates so it doesn't matter. Is this really the case or are these guys trying to save face? If these plates are truly being spun, why would guys come on here and post about their problems with some girl who doesn't really even matter in the first place?

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this really the case or are these guys trying to save face? If these plates are truly being spun, why would guys come on here and post about their problems with some girl who doesn't really even matter in the first place?
have no face to save. im pretty terrible with women and have only recently begun to take action about it. i didnt come here to post about my "problems," i just came to make sure i knew how to interpret her action (or non-action, rather).

and by "spinning plates" i dont mean im banging 5 other chicks, just that im actively pursuing them. if i was banging 5 other chicks, id have said so.

Last edited:

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hopelessguy said:
Sent text at noon today for date #2. Still have no response. am i to assume low interest and next that biotch?
She probably thought YOUR IL was low, because you were too lazy to even try to call her to set up a date.

She's just feeding off of YOUR non-action.

Next time, don't be lazy, CALL.

It's posts like this that are driving me nuts. There should be a pinned thread with an FAQ about texting, because we get theses questions EVERYDAY. STOP the texting. Pick up the phone, dial her number and CALL.

PLEASE.

And if you are going to text, if at all, make sure you do it the way starplayer said. IF YOU MUST, but still. CALL.

He said he uses text to gauge interest but all it ends up with a phone call either way.

Why are we so afraid to call women anymore to ask them out?

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha i guess it's flattering that she might have been rebuffed by my apparent low interest.

will keep in mind next time. oh well.

jonnnb

Don Juan
Reaction score
hopelessguy, change you name.

you are subconsciously reinforcing your hopeless state using that moniker... typing it everytime to login... seeing it associated with you...

change your name.

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's actually saved as a cookie, so i dont have to login and type it in repeatedly.