Nightspark's DJ Bootcamp Thread

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it's been a long time comming, and a long time in the 'To Do' basket that this DJ Bootcamp has been sitting there lingering for me to jump out and do something about it.

Anyways on the 27th of January i will start the bootcamp and this time i'll finish it. I have failed it before, mainly due to the reason that i wasnt recording my results on the forums, so i basically got lazy and lost it. I failed the 2nd week...

This time i plan on completing the whole 8 week Bootcamp and i will be recording it down, HOWEVER! i have set up a website for my progress since i want a wider audience (i have taken all measurements to make sure that im not claiming the DJ BOOTCAMP or what I have refferred to it as the ULTIMA TASK in my website, that it is mine... members that have attributed to its actual making have been credited there and hopefully there will be no problems in this website i have).

I will be recording my progress on my website and also simulcasting some of the stuff i write up there to you guys at the forums, however it will not be indepth (that's what you get for being lazy and not visiting :D ) Feel free to drop some comments on my site and whatnot...

Oh yeah when urr posting use urr SOSUAVE.COM username so i know who's posting what now.

Anyways the site is www.rivercity.neester.com

Moderators if there's any problem u can edit the post or whateva, so if the Site's not here people just PM me and i'll supply you the URL!

Cheerz and godspeedage! :D

Nightspark

newplaya

Don Juan
Reaction score
Care to share where in Sydney you live in?

Happy Australia day!! Getting drunk tonight?:p

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i live in bexley man... near hurstville and whatnot... yes happy aus day to you too buddy! :D

hrrm drunk!? maybe...maybe, we'll see if i'll have cash or not! WEnt drinking tonight but! :D

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WEEK 1 - Day 1 & 2

Sorry for the late posting i have been busy doing other shiznit and i neglected the DJ forums...

anways

WEEK 1 DAY 1

i did a few eye contact exercises and it seems that there is hardly anyone who wants to hold eye contact for that long... i thought that this is going to be a challenge when it comes to saying the hello or whateva... anyways today ventured out to one of the local malls since i had a job interview there but they fkn jipped me since no one was there to contact me.... it pissed me off royally for a second.. but i chilled out at the coffee shop before continuing my exercises...

WEEK 1 DAY 2

well today was the day i got a total of 3 contacts =).. it may not be much but it's still something.... i did choke a couple of times when a few HBs walked by me and also i wanted to say hi to this cop and what not but the stupid ladies in the bakery shop wouldnt shut up! i also ended up getting a headache when i choked seeing 2 HBs walk by....

anywyas 2morro is another day :D

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week1 DaY3

wooo what a day it's been ... so far that is :D

i managed to get ELEVEN contacts today, which is a big improvement on my behalf :) . I still find it that our society is still in it's shelter and it's kind of hard to greet people when they are not looking at you... i even got some :confused:OMGWTFBBQ:confused: looks when i said Hi! LOL the looks on their faces are priceless :D

i dont want to brag (well maybe a little :rolleyes: ) but im just in a good allround mood since i sorted out some issues i have been going thru and also issues with my parents...

:cool:

Check out my site.... ive left some long ass in depth posts of lessons that i have learnt and still am! www.rivercity.neester.com ! :D

Peace out and GODSPEED !

Nightspark!

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week One Day Three

i managed to accumulate Eight contacts today, which is a pretty good effort! I know it's no where near the 11 i got yesterday, but it's still a good effort nevertheless ...

Of course i had a few hiccups but i ddnt let those get to me, and it's true that you'd only want to say Hi to people who only give u eyecontact... LOL i had a asian lady purposly swing her head around looking at nothing just to avoid eye contact! :rollseyes:

Well at that point i was nearing my house and i had only 6 contacts, i thought i wanna push that to eight! So i took a stroll towards my school and ran into a friend from uni who was chatting away with her friends both being 8s ... i also introduced myself, but no oppertunities for number closes, even though i wasnt looking for them... (that comes later ) ;)

WELL that makes 22 contacts in total and only 28 to go ... :D

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Another good day, another Twelve contacts, however i added a twist this time! Instead of just running through my neighbourhood, i instead ventured off to Roselands, equipped with a car that is on its last drop of fuel, and without insurance cover ... No im not stupid! I just wanted a change in scenery that didnt invovle train travel that comes on Wednesday, and maybe tomorrow as well. :)

It seems that trying to get people's attention in the shopping centres is a bit of a task. Every single person, except for a few of course, is just awed by the shinny things displayed in the window... I bet if i wore a price tag on my head ppl will start lookin at me and go ... Hrrm i want a bit of Nightspark for tonight ;)

Anyways it's getting easier this greeting thing! Every single person that i walk by and keep eyecontact i can say a nice hello to.. except these two girls who ddnt say anything back.. For some reason i knew nothing was gonna happen, because as soon as i said it i clicked my fingers unvoluntarily... LOL It was bad timing since they dropped eye contact as soon as i opened my mouth!

WEll that's 34 DOwn and 16 to go! :D

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week One Day Six

Woo today was a good day! Managed to get 10 contacts down, and i ddnt even realise it till i started counting them :D

All i have to do is 6 contacts and then i'll start my Week 2 exercises! :D

catch

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cool man, how do you feel now you have almost completed week one..?

do you feel good to start talking to people then??

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
funny you should mention that catch!

I ran into someone who i actually sparked up a convo with! hahaha I was telling him why i was running around saying hit to ppl whatnot :D that's one non-shy person... everyone else jsut wants to mind their own business!

Wellll i actually got the 50! :D And im proud of myself that i passed Week One Fully! There were less chokings, but there were a lot of people that didnt hold eye contact for a long time, usually i wouldve got the sh!ts but i stayed cool and kept myself in control. I didnt want to start panicking... I guess this is also a good attitude test as well ^^ Keep cool and you'll succeed, which is what people will be needing (same with my) for week two when they start sparking up conversations with strangers!

:D

It's been a lot of fun so far! And i even get the odd.... Nightspark you crazy b!tch from my friends! hahahaa

Onto Week Two! :cool:

catch

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah go on night spark... well done...

i cant wait unil i start with papijack and co... if it really does help your confidence like you say then ime gonna do my best tooo...

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week2 Day1

Hrrm i dunno i felt like this one chat i had witha pathologist ddnt count... but i guess it's because i wasnt saying to myself *im gonna hvae a chat with this guy about some sh!t*

Turns out the guy's name is hugo and i was asking about what he studied and how the fk do those needles take blood out and what not. Conversation only lasted for about 2 mins... very short convo but i learnt a lil bit about pathology. heh

9 to go

oh yah catch! all the best with your DJBC experiances! :D You're gonna have a blast!

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 2 Day 3

Im getting more the hang of this approaching, but i think i need to do a cold approach for a conversation...

Anywyas i ended up have a brief 5 min chat with this tarot card reader in the local railway station. He explained how the whole system worked and where the interesting hobby developed from.

The other person was someone who works at this type of club in Aus (RSL). It's one of those clubs that repects the war heroes and the veterans of WWI and WWII for Aus. Anyways i asked the attendant about how long he's been working there, if he ever gets picked up by random chicks... haha funny bloke he was .. lasted about 3 min before my friend told me to shut up and sit down... eh some people

Seven Left!

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 2 Day 4

Well well! Today i got another two and i upped myself a bit by chatting to a chick... apprently it turned out she was older than i thought :D

Anyways i got 2 ppl today sofar, and i have noticed a few little problems.

#1 - Im not introducing myself. Like i miss the part about saying... Hi, I'm Nightspark or By the way the name's Nightspark... I probably would actually get more conversation time if i managed to put that in, instead of the 2 - 3 minute wonders im getting :rolleyes:

#2 - Speaking too fast. this has always been a problem which i still have to meddle with. i guess im just nervous since this is something that i do not ordinarily do... practice talking slower and getting les nervous

Okay the 2 ppl i met were on the beach... One was a fisher man with a 10FT fishing pole and i wwas asking what he caught, how long he's been fishing for, the whole bullsh!t about the fishing licenses and what not. lasted a bit longer, like 3 mins.

2nd person was this asian girl who i thought was my age... haha turns out she's like 27 or something... she was playing with her dog so i asked about the breeed and how much it costs her in food for it and waht not, and i was considering getting one (keep the convo going u know). asked also some questions about how many times she's been to this beach and what not.. last about 2 and a half mins.

Those conversations wouldve went for longer if i introduced myself and slowed down. But im proud of myself for talking with taht asian girl, as i just rememebrd the 3 second rule... I just went for it! :D

NOw i need to fix the other parts of my follies!

5 more to go!

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 2 Day 5

i managed to get another conversation in today. I didnt put too much effort in today which is a problem and i still hvnt solved the introduce myself properly bit

I went to the RSL club i frequent and started chatting to the attendant there and wondering why the parking lot was full, how long he's been doing this gig, and what wierd **** they get up2 in the RSL...

this conversation went for a bit longer than usual around 3.5 mins i'd say... however since he checked my member id i ddnt see there was a purpose to actually say my name....

eh next 2 days are going to be interesting since i have a full time labouring job... i'll need to apply myself a bit more :D

Almost there... 4 more to go!

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week2 Day6

Well i managed to complete the Week2 tasks one day before i start the Week3 ones.

Now bare with me because my hand hurts from the labouring i did.. so this post is gonna be short

In all i did converse with 4 people and i actually introduced myself properly this time! I met all these people at my work... NOW normally i wouldnt count these as conversations but because ive never conversed at construction sites (while doing work.. i just saw it as useless) im couting these four!

#1 A student doing an apprenticeship in plumbing. Spoke about Uni, Tafe, past schools, the bloody hot weather (it was 38 degrees where i was today!). It wouldve went for around 5 or so mins.

#2 A Construction worker that knows my dad. Never met him before, but he's an interesting character. From the topic of the weather we got into the discussion of mp3 rpping somehow and also dvd ripping... over the 10 min mark i'd say

#3 Another Labourer jsut like myself. He's an italian old man and we just made small chit chat about what he does in the house im working at, the weather (did i mention it was fckn hot?!) and his son.

#4 At first i wasnt going to approach her because the owner of the house seemed stuck up.. but i went for it anyways... i asked her why teh fcuk build a house right next to a golf course... then she went on how it's being rennovated and not built and she agreed it was ****ty land. ALso went into some more detail about the house's past and of course the weather!

NOW ONTO WEEK 3 !! ^^

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week3 Day 3 & 4

DAY THREE

Well i have been a very bad man and i should be shot and snap kicked in the head for wasting some of my days in this week in doing nothing but sitting at home. Of course i have a 6AM job to attend to, however it's no excuse!

Anyways i bring tidings of good joy and i managed to surprise myself. For someone who avoids chatting to people at clubs because of the lame-ass excuse that it's too loud over the music (Next time im a bringing a megafone!) I managed to get 6 Conversations done, not only that but i managed to get most of them over the 10 minute mark

#1 - she worked at teh club i went to yesterday. found out she was portuguese and we started chatting about our hometowns

#2 - this one used to be a salsa dance teacher. she looks pretty young, i'd say 18. i then asked her what are some good clubs to go to around sydney

#3 - i made up a scenario where i have been out of town for a while and i asked this chick where are some good clubs for dance music in the city. after that i found out she was greek and we got talking about her eurotrip and travelling round the workd

#4 - this one was a group approach, but i only managed to speak to the apparent leader of the group. ALso used the clubbing thing on her

#5 - this one was a nice little ice breaking styler. she told me to move so she can ash her ciggarette then i perceeded to ask her to say please. some girls have no manners, and this one didnt introduce her name to me after i asked about her day and night. her friend ran off and well, so did she aftter a bit... ,lol i was snobbed!

#6 - sweet little cuban girl, that was fun to talk to for a bit. i used my eyecontact (since she was eyeing me earlier) to test whether she'd initiate the Hi bit of the convo.. haha it worked. spoke about travel and her hometown in cuba.

Overall it was a really awesome time... i enjhoyed every minute of it. I did manage to gain some independance since i came with friends and i left them for a while to do my task. I remember reading up about how some people cling onto their friends like they are their life supports... im one of them ... but this time i proved myself wrong!
:p

DAY FOUR

After a date with a girl i met on the net (she's pretty cool... i can see she's eager to see me again as well ;)) i went off back to an area near where i live and only got one conversation. It was one of those girls that hand out resturaunt pamphlets and i asked why she ddnt give me one. and i found it because it had asian caligraphy over it :D ... after that i asked her abvout the resturaunt and what's some good asian cuisine to eat.

I have now 3 more to go! :D

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 3 - Day 7

Damn i thought i wasnt going to finish this one in time but i managed to do it.

Even though i feel as if i ddnt do a good job, but i think i know why my mind is acting that way.... one of my conversations with this girl went sideways and it really pissed me off for a bit. First off she was kinda stupid and air-headed since i was talking to her at the coffee shop she works at. The convo hit around the 2min and 20 sec mark (they had a clock on the wall so i was comparing it) But i just thought it was a bad conversation... Eh

the 2nd convo was with a chick who was lying down on the floor in the library. i asked her iif lying down like that is painful (which was a good ice breakker =)). we got to some chatting after that about schools and uni (she's like 4 grades lower than i, doesnt look that young either). i'd say this one hit hte 3 min mark.

3rd conversation was with one of the hot looking librarians (yes they exist ! lol) i humored her job for a bit and started doing a little neg hitting. so mainly we talked about work. approx 4 min

SO that's i........ time for weeek four ! ^^

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week4 Day7

Yes i know i started out late...i kept on making too many excusses but i managed to get 1 of the 10 rejections after approaching 2 girls.

I really need to find a way to develop a better attitude and also kill these fears i have.