NFL Divsionial Playoffs Who wins?

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by InsidiousNstinct
Altanta and Phillies Defense is a lot STRONGER and TOUGHER than those Pat boys...

My two cents.....

Tootles.

hahaha..... thats crazy talk. They held the friggen best offense in history to 3 points!!!! I'm not even a Pats fan too.... Just stating the truth.

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by idiot_boyfriend
Patriots over the Colts.

Eagles over the Vikings.
That was easy. :D

Vick on the other hand.....Bruschi would be carried off the field because both his ankles would be broke...along with half the other pats defenders lol.
But if they drop nine guys back into coverage like against Manning, the Pats should have an easy time. All they need to do is force Vick to use his arm. ;)

I don't care much about whose defense is better or whatever. We've just seen today, the Patriots shutdown the Colts with hard-hitting tackles, and by forcing turnovers.... with a injured secondary. By the way, the Pat's secondary has been playing injured for most of the season.

Patriots will win it all. Their heart is bigger than any other team I've seen in a long while.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If Pats beat Steelers (and they will), they will win it all. Eagles/Falcons have awesome Ds, but nothing like I've seen from Patriots last night. They DID NOT allow 1 TD from one of the best offensive teams of all time. The whole NFC itself is a minor league compared to AFC.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont like and never did like patriots, but i have to give them credit for the way they played on sunday...if they keep this up they will have that 3rd ring in 4 years.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
Pats will not win the superbowl...if Steelers don't stop them Eagles or Atlanta will.

It would have been a whole different ball game if they would have played in the RCA dome. Colts would have killed the pats.

Pats don't have a chance of winning the SuperBowl. If some how they get by the Steelers either the Eagles or the Falcons will crush them.

I think it will more than likely be the Falcons and Pats simply because Philly always seems to loose that champ game.

THe SuperBowl will be played INDOORS...thus giving the Falcons the advantage.

So in the end..... Falcons 24 Pats 17 in the SUPERBOWL.

Write it down...:D

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So in the end..... Falcons 24 Pats 17 in the SUPERBOWL.
Here's why the Pats will beat the Steelers:

Ben Roethlisberger just had one of his worst games, AND is still nursing an injured thumb.

The Patriots are masters at confusing even veteran QBs with blitzes and fake-blitzes. QBs have a 75.2 rating against the Patriots. In addition, Roethlisberger is a play-action passer and the Pats always do well against these types of QBs. He also loves going deep off play-action passes.... I look for the Patriots to drop back into zones. Remember....they dropped nine players back to beat Manning.

The Pats will test Willie Williams who is starting ahead of Chad Scott. He's only 5 foot 9.

The Patriots have been successful all year, even with an injured secondary.

The Patriots have the better kicker.

The last time these two faced each other, the Steelers won 34-20. However, that was the only game Corey Dillon missed all year. They only ran six times that game for five yards! That forced Brady to throw the ball 45 times.

The Steelers run the ball many MANY times per game. Look for the Patriots to have eight or nine guys in the box (that's how the Jets almost shutdown their offense). Don't forget, they have one of the best linebacking corp in the NFL: Vrabel, McGinest, Johnson, and Bruschi.

The Steelers don't have a good TD percentage in the Red Zone.

Here's why the Patriots will beat the Falcons:

The Pats allowed only 98.3 yards rushing during the season.

The Pats, as I said before, have one of the best linebacking corp in the NFL. Nothing like what the Falcons seen against the Rams.

Vick has been sacked 46 times in 2004. That's almost one sack per eight dropbacks.

The Falcons lose when Vick passes poorly....not just when he doesn't run. He has a QB rating of 48.0 when the lose and 88.7 when they win. If you make him pass over 20 times, he is 48.8%.

Vick is much worse in the second half. That might be critical if the game is close.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If Vick makes it through Philly's D then he can make it through Pats D. The biggest advantage for the FALCONS...Ill say it again....the astro turff. There is NO NOWAY that the Pats can stop Vick from moving around...no rain...no snow...no grass.

Let's say if he was to throw a pick or two the defense would bail him out. They stopped the Rams offense which is one of the best passing offenses in football. Not to mention they have a pretty good run defense.

I can't wait to see Kerney knock the h*ll out of Brady.:cool:

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest advantage for the FALCONS...Ill say it again....the astro turff.
That's a crappy advantage, in that case. Vick is only slightly better (you can check the stats) on turf, than on grass. McNabb's QB rating on turf is 125.0 with a 65.7% completion percentage.

Let's say if he was to throw a pick or two the defense would bail him out. They stopped the Rams offense which is one of the best passing offenses in football.
Riiiiiight....allowing 299 passing yards on 23-for-35 throwing is stopping one of the best passing offenses in football. How about the Patriots who stopped THE BEST passing offense and HIGHEST SCORING offense in the NFL??

Beating the Rams doesn't say much about the Falcons. The Rams have one of the worst defenses in the NFL.... they did manage to lose eight games during the regular season.

If Vick makes it through Philly's D then he can make it through Pats D.
That's a pretty big "IF"....

The Patriots allowed only 16.3 points per game in 2004, tied for second best in the NFL with....the Philadelphia Eagles. The Pats run defense is 8th in the NFL

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Riiiiiight....allowing 299 passing yards on 23-for-35 throwing is stopping one of the best passing offenses in football. How about the Patriots who stopped THE BEST passing offense and HIGHEST SCORING offense in the NFL??

Once again...they were outside in the SNOW.....am I the only one that can see this? If the game had been played in the RCA Dome Pats would have been blown out...;)

mcarioca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never understood football.

Since I´m Brazilian I Love FUTEBOL or as you say Soccer. I guess I like action all the time and american football stops too much. heheh.

Here is a few pics of the parties at the stadium. My team of course is Vasco da Gama the best in Brazil hehe

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If the game had been played in the RCA Dome Pats would have been blown out...;)
That's why they have to win more games during the regular season. :D

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a HUGE Colts fan, and I will be the first to say that if they can't win an outdoor game, they don't deserve the championship. As much as I HATE the Patriots (and I do!), they win games whether they're indoors, or outdoors. They're used to both environments, and apparently as was shown on Sunday, Colts are not.

Having an indoor homefield is no excuse to go soft. They've won outdoor games during the season, it shouldn't be different now.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having an indoor homefield is no excuse to go soft. They've won outdoor games during the season, it shouldn't be different now.

True but not in those types of conditions. Don't get me wrong I don't like Indy or the pats. I just don't think the Pats are GREAT.

I'm tryin to buy a 49' inch tv.....before this saturday. LOL

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm tryin to buy a 49' inch tv.....before this saturday.
Aww, you cheapskate....

....add a few thousand and spring for High Def. ;)

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GRRRRR......Pats won. Oh well, I'm for Philly now. I was also wrong about something else....I was saying the Falcons would have an advantage because of the astro turff but theres was two things wrong with that theory. One...ATL lost, second...The SuperBowl is being played in Jacksonville which I forgot about.

Oh and I didn't get a 49 inch tv. I got a 30 inch widescreen HDTV instead.:D

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
GRRRRR......Pats won. Oh well, I'm for Philly now. I was also wrong about something else....I was saying the Falcons would have an advantage because of the astro turff but theres was two things wrong with that theory. One...ATL lost, second...The SuperBowl is being played in Jacksonville which I forgot about.

Oh and I didn't get a 49 inch tv. I got a 30 inch widescreen HDTV instead.:D
Early line, Pat's by six.

Oh yeah....they'll cover. ;)

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A Pat's Fan. OBviously.

On top of my soap box...

Because many of you do not follow the Pats nearly as heavily as I do, and can but rely on stats...

Here's WHY the pats will reign supreme...

They can score anyway, from anywhere, anyhow. Check their Defense: Thank You harrison. Check their Offense: Thank You Vinatieri and Branch/Brady.

We stop Indy and Pittsburgh, and there's still doubters?

Atlanta lacked a strong passing corp. Sure, you can't stop Vick much of the time, BUT, his asset is his running, not his passin game. He has no receivers as talented as the Pats quadfecto of Brown, Branch, Givens, and Patten. Dare I mention the run game of Dillon?

Philly is very verstalite, but unless Owens plays, its all for not. The best receiver they have is Freddie Mitchell, and the Patriots are not a team prone to whoopsie type plays where the QB miraculously throws some wild pass and scores. They don't make major mistakes, hence, PITTS had a few sacks, but no turnovers or fumbles.

Donovan is Philly, and while Westbrook is a great back, Bettis, Edge, and a host of other ProBowlers have been left in the dust. Even if Owens is back, their WR brigade is nowhere near as damaging as Indy's was, or even Pitts very physical WR brigade of Ward/Burress and a very physical Bettis.

Quite frankly, I wanted Atlanta, but Philly had the better upside with McNabb as a better QB, and Vick as a great Athlete. Vick only has a few supporters on offense, Crumpler and Dunn, Peerless has been USELESS. And Donovan was on all cylinders WHEN Owens was in. YET, their defense has not impressed enough to believe we'd be shut down as we could have been with PITTSburgh. That was a more balanced match-up (NE VS PITTS). The philly one is very imbalanced.

A-Unit

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are good....New England that is...but if the freakin DOLPHINS can beat em a good team such as PITTS or PHILLY should be able to as well lol.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The patriots should be able to easily win against the eagles.... When the eagles played the ravens with TO, they were held to only 17 points.

If TO does play, I dont think he will be 100 percent.