new years eve party

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanna go out for new years eve. I was thining about going somewhere in manhattan with my girl and a few friends. I'm from philly so I dont know NYC that well. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking to go somewhere upscale and classy, some place nice but not insanly expensive. I was thinking a hotel party or maybe a nice club or someothig. Also does any one have any recommendations as to what i should wear for such an event? I usually wear alot of shirts from express, what do yall think.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
no feed back?

Does anyone know where there are might good parties at? Maybe a hotel or club or any recommendation would be good. I want something upscale and classy it dont have to be something extravagant but nice.

Smartone84

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
at least you have a girl for New Years, to me its always an extremely depressing night to be single

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
good your from NYC help me find something. Use your resources and help me find something fun. There will be plenty of girls at New years eve parties and walking arund manhattan...it will be paradise

Smartone84

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"The Saloon" is hands down the best club in the city in my opinion. There is also a club/bar place called "Porkys" which was always one of my favs

NewAndImproved

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO, apartment parties are where it's at in NYC. I felt like a king last year. The clock barely struck 12 before I was hooking up.

Smartone84

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea but if only we were all so fortunate to know someone who's throwing an apartment party in NYC

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm also looking for a mixed crowd with differant music types. You see my GF is Puerto Rican and im Trinidadian so she likes spansih music (reggaeton and R&B) and i like Soca/clypso and Rap to dance to.
Yeah an apartment party sounds great but i dont really know anyone in NYC like that. Come on New yorkers show me what yall's city got lemme see something. =)

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you have friends to party with? or friends that know of partys?

actionjaxson

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'll be visiting nyc for new years too from the 30th to the 2nd.

www.clubzone.com has info on clubs in every city but i would rather hear from people in ny which are the best places to go too? im looking for mostly hip hop music clubs in manhattan. someone has to know or atleast give advice on what else to do in nyc besides sight seeing.

crazymedstudent

Don Juan
Reaction score
where to go.

i'm from ny and agree apartment parties are better (as i'm throwing one).

http://www.newyears.com/?partyType=$100%20and%20Under&stateList=32

this has a list of lots of the bars having parties. try to avoid the super cheap ones because those are mega-crowded and you can't do anything much besides rubbing up against other dudes.

cheers and happy new years

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I.A.F.Y.B.-guess you cant read so good. I dont know shyt in NYC im from North Philly(pennsylvania)

crazymedstudent thanks for the advice ill check that site out. Is your party an open party or just for people you know?

actionjaxson good idea.

DJ Noble

Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone Much cooler said:
I.A.F.Y.B.-guess you cant read so good. I dont know shyt in NYC im from North Philly(pennsylvania)
I work in West Philly. I was also contemplating the trek up to NYC. I'm looking into the scene myself. If you find anything decent, PM me.

crazymedstudent

Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone Much cooler said:

crazymedstudent thanks for the advice ill check that site out. Is your party an open party or just for people you know?

actionjaxson good idea.
no problem. the party is just for people I know. if it was another random night then I would maybe help out my fellow DJs but I regulate my own place.

good luck mate.