New Town...No Friends

MystLk

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok guys well im just gonna get right 2 it, i just graduated from high school where i was living with my g-parents but my mom lives in royal palm beach and she wanted me to goto college up there with her so i moved in about 3 days ago...its a great town and all but 1 problem....i dont know a soul out here and i dont know the town that well yet so i dont know where there is to really go, on top of that i dont have a car. Should i get a job or try to join a club or something I tried walkin the town and goin 2 random stores to try and meet new ppl but its easier said then done. back in my old town i had tons of friends and ppl 2 hang out with but here im all alone since my mom is working most the time and school doesnt start till late august and even when i would meet new ppl in my old town i would already be with one of my friends i nvr go anywhere alone mostly bcuz i dont have a car so my question to you guys is....what would you guys do to meet ppl if you were in my posistion? i mean this town is a whole lot more live than my old town but meeting ppl nowadays is hard, im not shy or anything its just i think it would be kind of weird if some lone guy walks up to me talking about "hi im new in town and dont have any friends im just trying to meet ppl, so whats your name?" idk what to do :p any request would be great, thx guys.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find a forum for a hobby you have,meet up with people from there. Simple as that,I am on a forum for my car and others who own the same car as me. We meet up and work on our cars together,I have made plenty of friends along the way.

Rex Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What he said.

I was in the a similiar situation. I play basketball so I was at the courts more than usual and whilst having fun, met a few people. Of course, they knew people so I was eventually introduced to more and more characters. You just need to get your foot in the door with stuff that you already enjoy doing.
That way, you're already enjoying yourself and you come as an enjoyable and pleasant person.

Shoot 'er Down

Vampire

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^

Join a club or something, you will eventually make friends. Most of my best friends are also fellow fighters as well.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check this out.

In that case it was the same as if I was new in town. Do that, and, to all stores etc you go to, talk to the people there, not to forcefully # close, but to talk, and make some friends. Be it a Armani store, or be it a 7/11.

MystLk

Don Juan
Reaction score
thx for the tips guys about the gym and b-ball court but im not really a physical kind of guy, im not scrony or anything i just like to lay back and chill my hobbies consist of making music/anything electronic/games or w/e its not that i hate working out or playing ball but i ahve a disease that prevents me from really keeping up physically with guys my age (sickle cell) anyway i met a few girls on myspace and im gonna be chillin wit 1 tomorrow (she drives) we plan 2 cheif then go see the omen so i guess things are looking up, btw do any of you live in west palm beach? or have a myspace? mines www.myspace.com/flybri thx for the advise tho guys