New to this---Advice needed

relationsshiptips

Reaction score
Ok, I have never had trouble getting a date or involved in a relationship, but for the past year I decided not to date anyone. I met someone a month ago we have talked on the phone a bunch but we have both been to busy to go on a date yet because of work schedules, she seems to be really cool and I thought about sending her some flowers just so she knows I am thinking about her but I don't know if thats a good idea? What do you guys think?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no, it's probably not a good idea. How old are you?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, i don't know the specific girl like you do, but i wouldn't recommend it

relationsshiptips

Reaction score
Yea seeing that I have never been the type to buy much of anything unless it was a suprise for someone I had been dating 4awhile buying someone flowers that I have yet to go on a date with might be alittle much. Just thought it might be a way to let her know I was thinking about her seeing that with are work schedules it might be a few more weeks before I get a chance to take her out!

relationsshiptips

Reaction score
Already got that going on, any other ideas to keep her interested until I get off work a day!!!

Doctor Who

Don Juan
Reaction score
Flowers bad. Contact good. Force a date. Maybe even an afternoon coffee date. The weather is turning nice, ask her to play some tennis or mini golf with you. If she can't give you an hour, she isn't going go give you much more.

relationsshiptips

Reaction score
Good idea, I have to get an hour available at the same time she does first, I am working 12-16hr a day 7days a week for a few more weeks then I will be back to a normal schedule just hate to miss out on someone that I am actually interested in which hasnt happened in awhile.

Halloween31

Banned
Reaction score
relationsshiptips said:
Ok, I have never had trouble getting a date or involved in a relationship, but for the past year I decided not to date anyone. I met someone a month ago we have talked on the phone a bunch but we have both been to busy to go on a date yet because of work schedules, she seems to be really cool and I thought about sending her some flowers just so she knows I am thinking about her but I don't know if thats a good idea? What do you guys think?
In a perfect world flowers would be a very sweet surpirse, but, unfortunatly, in our world of insecurity and competition it would probably seem weird to her. You have noble intentions, but it probably would not be the proper thing to do.

Doctor Who

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tread lightly. I was unaware that it was your schedule that took up a majority of your day, but try to act soon. Even if it is for work, waiting too long can cause her to lose interest. Most importantly dont put her on a pedistal. Just because you think she is good and you have not had any action for quite some time does not make her the only one. See what you can work out. Hopefully you can close the deal. Good luck.