New to forum, need some advice with new girlfriend!

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RickR13 said:
Ha, you think so? There is a lot going on, so you're telling me its too much? Recap;

* Divorced 2 years ago from husband that abused her (At least that's what shes told me)

* Had been dating another dude for 2 years, beginning about 1 mo after divorce. They broke it off prior to the passing of her daughter, and she dumped him again right after. This happened just about the time her daughter passed.

* Her 4yo epileptic daughter passed away at her house, she found her in her bed the morning. This was approx 3months ago.

* She met me about 2 mo after the break up and the death. She ultimately tracked me down when I was leaving a restaurant/bar and we exchanged numbers.

1st date with her was about 1 mo later, so really it hasn't even been 2 months since we had our first date. the first month was steady progressive texting, a lot of texting. Seemed harmless at the time.

She initiated the invites to friend, parties, meet parents, initiated texts, had little reluctance to my physical advancements. The physical/sexual part was excellent. There were no issues there. We are both definitely physically attracted to one another. My biggest regret is falling for all of the whirlwind dates, and not finding this site sooner!

She seems stable to me for the most part, until she flaked. I'm not saying it wasn't because of me because I believe it was partly because of that, although I did get the classic line its not you, its me lol. I'm not sure she is a total flake, as part of this was my mistake.
Look brother. I don't mean to get down on you, but look at what you just wrote! You made your own case for getting the F out. Do it and don't look back. And don't get down on yourself for doing it. Just do it. Just sayin' I don't think there is anything here other than pain in the long term. I wish you the best.

Stay on this forum and keep reading the threads. Alot of guys have been in your shoes. Read and learn.

RickR13

Don Juan
Reaction score
All good 5string. I'm ultimately looking for advice and assessment of my situation. I can relate to what you are telling me. I have been learning a lot since I found this site and its been a tremendous help.

RickR13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Die Hard said:
RickR13
So really, except for her word, do you have any other "proof" that it is true? For example, can any of her family members confirm that her child died two weeks before you met her? Beware, the best lies are lies mixed with truth. For example, she might really have lost a child, that might nog be a lie. But perhaps it was 2 YEARS before you met her instead of two WEEKS...
Yes, I know for a fact. Don't forget Ive met several of her friends, and her parents. And we have a mutual friend that was at the funeral. Its all real.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so you can write that one off your list. Keep on examining and see if there are other things that she lied about.

I'm kinda confused, though... You said in your OP that the child died 2 WEEKS before you met, but in your later post you say the child died two MONTHS before you met.

RickR13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Die Hard said:
I'm kinda confused, though... You said in your OP that the child died 2 WEEKS before you met, but in your later post you say the child died two MONTHS before you met.
It was 2 weeks after her passing, not 2mo, that was a typo. It will be 3 mo tomorrow.

To be honest with you I haven't found anything shes lied about. Doesn't mean I wont be vigilant and look for those things, but for the most part she is stable and has been straight forward with me as to whats going on with her.