New Freshman in college...need help

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, I was kinda nervous when I first went to college about meeting people, but it is just so EASY anyone can do it.

First of all, are you living on campus? If you are your at least living with one other guy (probably) so that right there could be a nice social circle for you to join.

Second, check out that thread about college in the tips section, that thing is GOLDEN. He is so right too, meeting girls in class is so easy, and every other guy doesnt have the balls to do what your going to so it shows amazing confidence.

And since your on the hockey team your going to meet a ton of people, go to a bunch of parties anyway, so you really have nothing to worry about.

theguy351

Don Juan
Reaction score
my roomate has a g.f and is also new to the school. so no advance on that front

justjosh47

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man up...

I completly changed my self when I went to school , that's the good thing about your situation , you can be who ever the hell you want to be ...you could even make up a nick name that no one calls you ( ive seen it done). My advice and what worked for me is to open up to as many people as possible , the first decently cool pepole you see go up to and talk to and threw those kids you will meet others . I did the frat thing to even though I was not really a fan of the hole male bonding thing ...it built my confidence a bit ...at most schools frats have mixers with Greek chicks and for the most part they are used entertaining guy's they cant stand ...it's not hard to be diffrent then the next drunk a-hole next to you .....partys work to , keggers and bars also.
Although the most luck I hav had is in class ....don't walk into class too late or too early but get there like 5 min before hand , sit next too a few girls introduce your self ....get a number or to or even an email and use the excuse that you might miss class one day or somthing . Your 100-200 leval classes are the best place to meet young college girls from all diffrent majors .
Best of luck , remember be who you want to be .

theguy351

Don Juan
Reaction score
i just cant do the whole class thing...idk y it feels so awkward.

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so....what exactly do you want us to say, were all giving you advice based on what has already worked for us and your just shooting down it all. The first thing you can do to make friends is try something new, maybe something that someone here has already suggested....

theguy351

Don Juan
Reaction score
Touchout said:
so....what exactly do you want us to say, were all giving you advice based on what has already worked for us and your just shooting down it all. The first thing you can do to make friends is try something new, maybe something that someone here has already suggested....
well from you, i already asked 3 times for the link to the page u were talking about because I cant find it.
i didnt shoot down anything...just because i say i want more, doesnt mean i havent gotten good advice. I'd just like to keep the conversation going...its not like this a one and done topic.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to be transferring into a university in August as a Jr. I'll have basically the same problems as you but with even less options. I'll be 27 when I start but I look much younger. I haven't decided where I'll live, on campus or off. Honestly I would prefer to live where ever the pussy is easiest to get.

The link you are looking for is, For the college guys who want to meet women

theguy351

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
I'm going to be transferring into a university in August as a Jr. I'll have basically the same problems as you but with even less options. I'll be 27 when I start but I look much younger. I haven't decided where I'll live, on campus or off. Honestly I would prefer to live where ever the pussy is easiest to get.

The link you are looking for is, For the college guys who want to meet women
**** man that sucks....im 18 and its still kind of hard being on campus cause without a bunch of friends u dont have newhere to go...

The Master Disaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
selfmademob said:
just walk into girls dorms and grope them
Haha, I couldn't help but laugh.

Seriously dude, people most people in college want friends. You just have to make the effort and start conversations. I have most my friends from classes and sports. I played flag football for an entire year. I have tons of friends from that. I play basketball in the gym every once and awhile (I get my ass handed to me because I'm white, but it's still a good time).

I'm one of those shy guys and isn't sure to say hi to people, and even I always end up saying hi 5 or 6 times when going to class. So if I can get a lot of friends you can do it. Just put forth the effort and grope the women.