NEW Bootcamp Starting Friday 4/9 - Competition!

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've talked to about 5 people so far. Nothing particularly exciting, but it was still a bit nerve wracking. I'm not sure I'll be able to get the other 5 in by tomorrow, since its been raining all week, but hey wtf I'll try anyway.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This sh*t is rougher than I thought. Its hard finding the motivation to just go out and talk to people, unless I'm out partying.

SIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
11.... but 2 or three were borderline not 2 min, because i was working and i really had to leave the convo. i did get around 10 on sat night while drinking so i dunno ill just say 11 is my number to date.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only made it to 5, mostly due to my school/work schedule not permitting me any free time whatsoever.

I'm not going to be around tomorrow; I'm out of town and getting back Sunday night, so I'll post results on Sunday night and the material for the next week. Week 3 will still start tomorrow! It is your responsibility to make sure that happens! See the OP for a link to the Boot Camp .pdf!

The Conductor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Got my 10 today. 7 or 8 were ppl from my sch that i've never seen before so that wasn't too hard. Doing the ones out on the street made me quite anxious. I realize it is much easier to talk to someone who is incidentally sitting next to you (e.g. guy on the same bus) than to actually pick a person out of random and come up with an excuse to get them talking. One I used was asking a woman at a store what she thinks a girl would like as a gift etc.

I also believe that in the end it all comes to down to mindset, to the 'high' you're feeling at the moment. When I'm thrilled about something I can just carry the excitement over and begin conversations with random people, and feel like a king. Imagine. Are you going to have approach anxiety after winning a tension filled gripping toe-to-toe soccer match with a rival school at the finals? Or are you more likely to be hugging any stranger in sight?

Accomplishment trumps anxiety. That's why I'm drawing up and completing my goals in parallel to this bootcamp. I'm also starting working out again after a 'I got injured then lazy' hiatus, even if have to do without some of the basic compounds.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got about 12 convos, but only 1 or none were cold aproaches :/
Again, very busy weekend, so didn't post before now.

Titan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Total convo's so far: 38
(I had a 18 from last weekend, then this weekend has been hectic. I met quite a few of my day 2's friends yesterday, as well as talking to a whole new group of people at a social for most of the afternoon, before going back to her place and having GREAT sex all night.. I love this bootcamp :') )

SixthMantoMVP

Reaction score
talked to 10-15 people, but I was drunk for a few of them, so not sure exactly how that would count.

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So yeah, forgot to update this lol. I got my 10 convos last week. I don't know how well I'll do this week because I'm quite busy with exams.

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Total of 14 Conversations with Strangers.

Thats for week 2 challenge.

Week 3 challenge.

I talk to this girl at my gym. Very cute, she goes to my church. Haven't gotten her number but I will soon.

Total count: 1

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry but I don't know if I'll be able to continue participating in this. I just got a new job and have a sh!t ton of work to do to prepare to switch over. I'll probably be on hiatus for at least a week. :-/

Could someone else take over running this for me?

If Sixth I Will

Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally chickened out when I saw this hottie at the grocery store. So I've still got 0 convos for this week but I think it's the first one that will be the hardest.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bah,

I spend 4 hours today walking/cycling along the thames, Lots of hot women about, pleanty of opportunities.

Nothing.. bah!

i spoke to one girl for a minute or so, it was easy, she gave me pleanty to go on and thinking back, I could easily have continued the conversation and number closed. I just didnt.

So with one day to go Im still on no conversations.

Ive had a think about it and I think part of the issue is that I feel weird starting random irrellevant conversations with women. I just plain done like indirect game. I feel so stupid opening with some random question thats not related to my sexual interest in her.

Forcing myself to approach direct will be very difficult, but its somthing i think I have to do. Mabey I can learn indirect later, but at the moment its my confidence and mindset that needs fixing, and only repeated exposure to rejection will do that.

How many people are left in this boot camp? If I dont get at least some conversations tommorow Ill be out of it again, I failed the last boot camp around now..

Jlay87, Ill take over running it if you like, at least Ill post up the exercises and all that..

So, how many people are still participating? Post here if you have partially or fully completed the tasks so far and intend to continue.

Cure.

master-p

Don Juan
Reaction score
9 conversation to go. making my homework right now. when i am finished i will spend all my time with looking for the lady's.

Donnie Darko

Don Juan
Reaction score
At this point I am at 4 conversations and it has been difficult. I went out last night actually looking for attractive women to approach so that I could work on this challenge, but there were practically no women out and there were no women that I was interested in dating.

Update: So I went out again last night. Made eye contact with this girl and started a conversation and flirted back and forth with her for a few minutes. Things were going pretty well so I decided to go for the number close and then BAMMM the girl's fat friend interjects and needs to talk to her friends and so the fat girl **** blocks me. I walk away and talk to some other friends. 10 minutes later the girl finds me again and starts chatting and flirting with me again so she says you wanted me to give you my number so we could hang out sometime. I get out my phone and then the fat friend comes over and interjects herself into the conversation AGAIN and introduces herself and says she needs to talk to her friend again. End of story is I never got the number.

My total is 5 conversations from girls that I would be interested in dating. I had a really hard time finding girls to approach that I would actually be interested in dating. I probably pvssied out on approaching 2 girls. I made eye contact with them and smiled as they walked in but they were with a larger group of friends and I was not sure how to approach.

Last edited:

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 4

Alrighty then DJ's!

Im going to take over running this untill/if Jlay87 wants to take the reigns again.

Week 4- tasks to be completed

Exercises

Exercise description

All right guys, now the fun really begins!

We've worked on approaching girls, and initiating a conversation with them. Now it's time to put our skills to the test, and start reaping the rewards of our labours.

For this week's lesson, your mission is to go out, approach girls, and close for their phone number. However, instead of our focus being getting a certain number of phone numbers, our goal is to actually get a certain number of rejections. The reason is pretty simple... at this point, we are working on killing off our fear in asking a girl for her number.

So, for this week, we are to go out, approach girls, and go for a phone number close. We are to do this until we have been rejected a total of ten times. Believe me, the first one or two rejections might be a bit tough, but after that, it'll get easier and easier... not to mention more and more fun.

Shortly after Walden reviewed my book he sent me the following suggestion:

”I'd really emphasise the value of working through those 10 rejections. When I did it I was happy with 10 closes. I just did 10 rejections today in fact and it was huge! It does wonders for the consistency of your DJing which is a real challenge. The main reason I've been so inconsistent is I'll buy excuses from myself not to approach, whereas when you're going for rejections, you can't make those excuses.”

Special exercise notes

1.Be in a playful mood when asking for her number. Don't be shy, don't be nervous. I know this sounds easier said than done, and yes, the first couple of times you probably will be shy and nervous. Heck, you'll probably be shivering, sweating, and shivering. Don't let that get to you, after a couple of number closes, you'll feel 1,000% more confident!

2.Try different closes. Experiment with different ways to get the phone numbers. You may want to try to ask her for her phone number on the pretext that the two of you can do whatever you were discussing, you can simply tell her "I have to get going, but give me your phone number, and I'll call you later," etc. The reading material above gets into detail on how to ask for the phone number... have fun with it!

3.Practice overcoming objections. Think about it, attractive women get approached all the time. In order for them to have a life at all, they develop automatic objections that they deliver to guys who ask them out. Don't let those objections get to you. In fact, as long as a girl isn't rude or even worse, apathetic, I'll try to overcome at least a few levels of objections in order to get her to give me her number.

For example, if she tells me "I have a boyfriend," I'll tell her "That's great, but I'm asking for your number, not his" or "Wow, that's wonderful.... when's the wedding?" She'll usually laugh and say that they're not planning on getting married yet. To which I reply, "Well, then it can't be THAT serious. Give me your phone number, and we'll have fun."

The point is, whatever objection she throws at you, see if you can overcome it. Believe me, it's a fantastic high when you get a girl throwing objections at you, and you slip and slide through each one! For me, at least, as long as she's smiling and enjoying the conversation, I love overcoming objections. Some girls do this to test guys, and see how you handle the situation... so come out of it on top!

4.Don't wait until the last day or two to go for your ten rejections... there's just not enough time. Instead, you might want to pace yourself, and make it a goal to go for two rejections per day until you reach your goal of ten.

Well DJs, let's go out and get rejected!!

At the end of, or throughout, the week, keep us posted on how many phone numbers you've acquired in the process of collecting your ten rejections. Also, let's share some good laughs with each other, and tell us about the worst rejection you get. Trust me, there's no better way to get over a rejection than by laughing about it with others who can empathize with your experience.

All right DJs, let's rock!
I want to change the rules slightly.

The biggest problem I see with the Boot camp, in my two experinces of it so far, is that in allowing only a week to complete each task, it is very easy for people to get left behind and drop out early on.
The other issue is that the exercises in the early weeks are usefull all the time, and should be continued. making small talk with strangers is a skill you should practice all the time.

I only completed 2 conversations this week, But Im going to aim for ten.

In order to allow us all to remain in the boot camp long enough to make progress, I suggest rather than aim to hit the targets each week, we simply keep running totals of where each of us is at.

So if you have so far got 5 "hi's" and nothing else, keep a total, and post about what you are having difficulty with so that others can contribute and help out with advice.

My current totals-

"Hi's" - 50
random convos- 6
convos with datable women- 2
Rejections from number close attempts- 0

At the moment I believe the following DJ's are still on mission-

Donnie Darko
NorwegianDJ
Master-p
If Sixth I will
Jlay87
Hikapo
Scion
SixthmantoMVP
Cure

So post up you totals, wether you are still on week 1, or eager to start week 4, we are all in this together and the end goal is the same.

Ill be going out tomorow to try and get some conversations and rejections!

Cure.