Need some help with my new P.O.F. account.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh this sounds like too much work for something I'm not that interested in.

Squirrels you're right. Everything you said was right! It was a fluke profile and I half assed it. I'll probably just delete it tomorrow.

The pic i have in the front of my page is a headshot. lol I don't have any pics where I'm smiling. I thought the pic where i'm bartending was happy enough! lol XD

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
ThunderMaverick said:
Ugh this sounds like too much work for something I'm not that interested in.

Squirrels you're right. Everything you said was right! It was a fluke profile and I half assed it. I'll probably just delete it tomorrow.

The pic i have in the front of my page is a headshot. lol I don't have any pics where I'm smiling. I thought the pic where i'm bartending was happy enough! lol XD
Can't really see your face in that one.

Just relax...get in your "I'm the man" mood and go with whatever comes out. :p

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you play the numbers game (just use a cut and paste message and spend maybe 2 minutes on each "approach"), just by shear chance, you'll find some girl that'll like you.

I just sent a pre-prepared message to a bunch of girls with a few edits for each one. The vast majority didn't respond, but a few did. By luck you'll probably strike a chord with some girl just by something you said in your message or in your profile.

If you only had a 5% chance of attracting a girl, if you approach 100 girls, you'll still get 5 lays. The wonderful thing about online dating is that you can make hundreds of approaches with very little effort or time. How long does it take to press ctrl+v?

Obviously, online dating shouldn't be your main tool. In fact you should only dedicate a very small amount of time. It's just another avenue to meet women though.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thunder is this really you?

I suspect you have trawled the site for that type of profile and made it out to be your own.

Its pritty bad tbh about it.

Though in all fairness even if you had the best profile on the site, your still bottom feeding, with PoF, the site is awash with 5's with attitudes of 10's, single mothers, Attention Ho's and more guys than girls - about 3 to 1 ratio.

Not good odds even for a guy with his shi* sorted.

I.e I've found dating sites like PoF actually lower your self esteem rather than give you courage in the real world, which is what guys secretly use it for.

You'll get rejected by women you'd be hard pressed to fuc* even if pis*ed, and even if you manage to go on a date the odds of attracting a freak on online dating sites, especcially free ones, is amplified by alot.

At least if your going to use online dating, get yourself a pay site, something like match.com -, I know many guys who get success from that site, but PoF is awash with tatt.

Edit-

I've changed it a little, but keep in mind this is PoF after all.
Things in brackets are the reason why for the changes.

----

DDR Music, hiking, cats, movies. I also like mountain climbing, sky diving, swimming the Atlantic ocean on Sundays, and wrestling Tonca trucks. Though I’ve yet to do any of them!

(harmless boasting, sounds cliche', and it is, that was the intention)

I'd like to meet new people who are adventurous, open-minded, optimistic and who have great self image. I'm a lot more down to earth than I look and am considered to be by many the life of the party... as in... it's not a party until I roll in.. but my party days are behind me... last weekend I called it quits... I'm on a 5-day break and then we'll see how it goes again.

(You repeated the same thing twice about meeting people, i've also condensed it)

My taste in music spans from Amy Winehouse to Nobuo Uematsu, from Jamie Cullum to Nine Inch Nails. I pretty much like everything and open to any kind of music as long as it's pleasing to my ears. I don't discriminate...unless it's High School Musicals 1 through 3. If you like Zach Effron, I’m probably not the guy for you (sp?).

(2 things, final fantasy, leave it out, game references a big no on, also the thing about, dont read my profile, too much like a A-hole, thought that's not a bad thing, it spoils the affect of being approachable, like you have a stick up your as(, it just needed rewording)

Oh and I hope you like long walks on the beach, horse back riding, castles, fancy cars, expensive jewellery, because I’m working on a woman’s romance novel called "Twenty-eight and change..." that depicts my life after my romance novel hits the best-seller list... and you can be a part of making all that possible.. by telling me about the cheesy things guys tried to do to get in your pants... we'll both laugh about it over a bottle of wine under a palm tree while we watch the fire dancers spin fire for us, on the beach ... oh wait..

(I've changed the spelling for some of this, some of it was pritty poor, mine is a little better but not perfect, but some things needed changing, i've also condensed the last paragraph and left it at ...oh wait... no need for the last but, the ...oh wait... is effective enough, the added bit was over-kill).

Though dont expect miracles.

Pictures are more or less a key thing also.

Last edited:

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jonwon said:
Thunder is this really you?

I suspect you have trawled the site for that type of profile and made it out to be your own.
Are you saying that's not me?

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
He must think you are sexy.
Great, my first positive feedback for my POF page and it's from a dude.

This isn't going well. :crackup:

jonwon said:
Though in all fairness even if you had the best profile on the site, your still bottom feeding, with PoF, the site is awash with 5's with attitudes of 10's, single mothers, Attention Ho's and more guys than girls - about 3 to 1 ratio.
The more pages I browse the more that this seems to be the truth. o_O

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think putting that you listen to video game music is o.k on an online profile, than you need more help than just on a POF account.

yarly!

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
Are you saying that's not me?
Ok it is you.

Hows it going so far?

Though in all honesty i'd change some of those pictures too, get a group photo up with you enjoying yourself with some mates, i.e a holiday shot - some where it looks like your having fun - i.e showing your a fun guy to be around.

Get a picture up with you smiling, the moody look is all well and good, but it looks like you take yourself way to seriously, find a balance.

A picture with you dressed up for a night out wont go amiss also, so a girl can see what she is getting if you take her out - now a suit would be over-kill, but trendy, casual cloths that increase your profile wont hurt one bit.

Take the picture off, with you at the bar and your hair flicked like some cheesy shampoo advert.

Your not a bad looking guy, but if you want some honest advice!

Instead of focusing on PoF, i'd suggest you try to bulk up a little, your very skinny, fat chick's love skinny guys - they could be a staple diet for guys with your frame, but who wants them? I'd suggest getting on a bulk diet and doing some serious workout, that is if your really serious about increasing your chances in the dating game.

I'm not sure if the hair suits you also, i'd suggest it to be cropped, cut shorter, something trendy - It looks too grundge for my liking and i dont think it suits your style or your face.

Maybe a little more than you wanted, but if you really want to see results you need to put the work in and it's clear where you can improve, rather easily, to increase your odds.

Edit-

Look at this guys profile compared to yours.

http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=11093447

The differences are pritty evident, this guy is genuine, good pictures up, looks like he is what he says he is - It's not try hard, in fact he seems to be operating on the assumption that he is the prize, the catch, the way he writes it.

The difference is paramount, now ask yourself a question, if an attractive, confident girl with options visited his profile or yours, who would she choose?

His he better looking? He's simply put up better pictures!

Dont you have anything similier, cant you change your profile to be more like yourself, in the same sort of theme this guy as done.

Take note of the shopping list he posted about 'HIS' choice in women. Your's is absent of a similier sort of list, it's not a bad profile, but it's not personel, it lacks anything of substance, it's just fake tag on, something like a cut and paste job of someone elses ideals - it has no soul, it lacks and genuine sense of self.

Now why not change it to be about you, take out the geek references (final fantasy), remove gaming references and sell yourself - Put yourself in the best positive light, tell people what your looking for, dont be ashamed to state what you want in a women - women like to know you wont just stick your dcik in anything - make them feel like your only posting to them because they have a certain quality that seperates her from the usual run of the mill and your not simply interacting with her because she has a fan*y.

The profile is ok - nothing wrong with it, but it's not the best you can do, it tells nothing about you, it's simply like a band aid, very much like most PUA advice is - there just training wheels - take them off, become more alpha, in your post -

Now I'm not a big believer in alpha and beta, but one can see the diffences a mile off - on one hand we have a genuine make no apologie profile which states the type of women he wants, keeps it minimul and to the point, on the other hand we have you using any form of template that doesn't even reflect who you are, to try to secure a date!

Why not post something up on here about a better more personel profile and we'll dismantle it and reword it, try to think of your inner male core and remove the geek shi* i.e gaming.

You can borrow stuff from the one suggested to you, the part about the romance novel stuff is good, but why not change it, make it more personel, add your own personel flair to it -

Your lack of personel flair, shows me you lack substance and soul, where is your personality?

Further Edit -

A couple of good starters:

Hiking,
Voice over for Anime - I'd exand on it - Japanese cartoons, I'm looking at it as a stepping stone to move onto bigger things (get the womens 'provider' hamster spinning, you dont have to be well off you just have to appear that you have the potential to not be a bum - i.e if your in a shi* job expand in it, working behind a bar - glorify it, I get to meet new and interesting people and it can be a riot sometimes, it's a nice none stressful stop gap to bigger things - Make even the negatives sound postive, sell yourself, sales and marketing)

Last edited:

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
J-Dub is right. Salesmanship is everything.

Honestly, I would drop all the little Don Juan blurbs...the crap about "cheesy things women do"...really, just re-write that whole thing. The whole point of that "first date" thing is to give her something to look forward to.

If you have to use that joke, cut it in half...don't oversell the joke. Make it sound like you're poking fun, not being cynical. Women don't like being called "cheesy" before you meet them.

"We'll meet on the beach. You will be wearing a flowing dress. I will gallop up on a mighty white stallion, my chest beared in the evening sun, a rose between my teeth. We shall ride off to my castle and...wait, is this a date or an Old Spice commercial?

Let's do something fun instead...we'll...<insert fun date idea here>"

You've approached your profile build with a great sense of shyness and inadequacy. Like I said, you give the vibe of someone who is very concerned with not taking risks, with not showing off your TRUE self because of fear that no one will respond and you will feel bad about it.

It's an ONLINE DATING SITE. I hate to break it to you but 9 out of 10 people on that site are utter toolbags or wastes of life. The remaining 1 in 10 don't give a f*ck what others think of them, they KNOW that they're good people, and they're not afraid to SHOW who they are inside. They don't write up sanitized, "safe" profiles, they let it all hang out and what they get is what they get. If they don't get ANYONE, they consider it a blessing, because they don't really WANT to deal with the other 9.

If you want to meet that 1 in 10, then you have to BE that 1 in 10.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
Well I decided to sign up on POF last night and I used TM's new and improved profile. I spammed about 50 girls and 1 replied with her cell # immediately. She told me to text her so I did. In her handle she has "69" at the end.

We started texting and I told her to come over and watch a movie. She said "we should meet in public first" so I said "how about Saturday?"

She said that would be good and I am supposed to call her today.

Not too shabby I guess.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
that's not true. Game works anywhere if you have the right game.
Unfortunately, we are talking about "online" dating, which means that you have no opportunity to use your game until you get the girl to talk to you first. I agree that in the real world men have more control, but online...no. Chics always say the same thing after a date with a POF guy that didn't go well. They say: "He didn't look like his profile picture" they don't say ANYTHING else. Want to know why? Because it doesn't matter-- the girl went into it thinking the guy was more eye-candy than he was in real life. When she was disappointed, she blocked out every word he said and replaced it in her mind with "I can't believe I am out with this sorry looking loser"

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
Duffdog said:
Unfortunately, we are talking about "online" dating, which means that you have no opportunity to use your game until you get the girl to talk to you first. I agree that in the real world men have more control, but online...no. Chics always say the same thing after a date with a POF guy that didn't go well. They say: "He didn't look like his profile picture" they don't say ANYTHING else. Want to know why? Because it doesn't matter-- the girl went into it thinking the guy was more eye-candy than he was in real life. When she was disappointed, she blocked out every word he said and replaced it in her mind with "I can't believe I am out with this sorry looking loser"
Well, I've been studying online game for years ever since I found out about it. I've been saving every piece of information I have come across regarding online game. So it's easy for me to hop online and snag a girl. I'm meeting a 22 year old hottie tomorrow and I just signed up yesterday. It sounds crazy but I've been smart about it. Plus I've been getting in shape and look decent so it's like stealing candy from a baby.

If you just go in cold and have no material, it's an impossible game. I'm ready for the first chat, text, phone call, whatever. That's why I have success.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
If you just go in cold and have no material, it's an impossible game. I'm ready for the first chat, text, phone call, whatever. That's why I have success.
This is what I've been saying. Thunder, don't overthink your profile. You are a good looking guy, all you need is some good pictures up there...like Jonwon's example. Honest pictures of you doing fun things and enjoying life.

Keep your profile short, honest, and to the point. Don't mention video games.

Send out messages, any gal that responds, immediately go for the phone number.

Keep it simple, cut out all the BS, and that's how you will have success.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
GET. RID. of the video game nerd thing. I would stop reading right there. UGH I hate grown men who play video games!
Rock band!

You can sing, I'll play drums! Sounds cool, right? So: YOU TAKE BACK THAT STATEMENT YOUNG LADY

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
GET. RID. of the video game nerd thing. I would stop reading right there. UGH I hate grown men who play video games!
Its good you drifted back to SS, but what does this help?

Many guys play games who date girls.

But men should not use them as a means to snag a girl.

I play games, do I use it as a game technique? No that's just crazy.

Games and women dont mix, but once you have the girl, you can relax and fire up games no problem. Just as long as the guy makes a balance between giving her attention and gaming, too many guys will sit at a console and ignore the girl -

I.e if your a so called gamer, make sure to allot time for your women and never ever use it has an opener or an introduction to your personality to women, I mean after all you dont tell your women your hobby is sitting on your as* all day and watching TV do you?

Also remember guys too, that when a women makes a fuss about games' and your in the advanced stages of a relationship (I.e keep gaming out of the loop till she is snagged), follow up with the fact that TV is for women (which it is) and then for added effect toss in a little teasing and mocking about women sitting for hours on end watching some romantic/Soaps or other programmes you being a man, would never watch.

Oh and never ever agree to sit and watch that tripe with a women, if anything this is where a good PSP game comes in useful.

I play games, my women does not mind, she gets to watch her tat on TV, I get to fire up a game - my sisters BF actually sits and watches him play games, she's loving god of war III, she said its better than watching clash of the titans (this guy does not absorb himself in gaming 24/7). I.e it's ok as long has your not like a WoW crack head.

I dont know any guy who doesn't play games in this day and age, what with Xbox's and PS3, every fuc*er as had a spell at them one time or another - TV is for women, it's small wonder!

Also many younger women, younger generation of women do gaming too - infact it's not uncommon for younger girls and guys to have a date playing doubles on some game console or the WII.