need som advice on burning more fat

BAM001

Don Juan
Reaction score
so me and my buddy have been working out 3 days a week, every week, since october. were both happy with our muscle mass, for now. right now we are mainly trying to lose more fat/get more toned. mainly around the belly region and pec region.

ive heard low weight, high rep helps burn more fat. but does working out with little or no rest between sets help at all?

if you want to know our workout routine for pointers on whether we should do a certain workout or not ill post it up. its late here an im getting tired haha.

also any advice on what to eat before/after workouts would be great. we dont really have a set diet, other than we have agreed no more fast food (or anything that is close to fast food)

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet should be your cornerstone of losing fat.

Cut out sugars and grains. Eat beef/eggs/chicken/meats + legumes (lentils, beans) + veggies. Please note by beans I mean kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, not baked beans that have a ton of sugar.

Postworkout have one cheat meal but don't go overboard. One day a week have a cheat day where you eat what you want, but again don't go overboard.

Lowering rest periods between sets will have more of a conditioning effect and promote fat loss, but you will have to use less weight.

Good luck.

BAM001

Don Juan
Reaction score
alrighty. im trying to cut out sugar, but its tough haha. always have it around the house with my parents and brother. completely cut out grains? i thought it was good to have some in your diet?

Quagmire911 said:
Eat beef/eggs/chicken/meats + legumes (lentils, beans) + veggies. Please note by beans I mean kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, not baked beans that have a ton of sugar.
i tend to eat mostly those on a regular basis, probably too much beef sometimes though haha. i rarely eat baked beans, mainly kidney and black beans. should i eat certain types of veggies at certain times of day, or certain meats? etc

Quagmire911 said:
Lowering rest periods between sets will have more of a conditioning effect and promote fat loss, but you will have to use less weight.
haha, yeah i def realized i gotta lower the weight on most of my workouts. couldnt finish my third set on most of them lol

thanks for the advice :)

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The general consensus is that grains are good, well whole grains, but our bodies don't react favourably too them.

As far as eating the meat/legumes there isn't really a particular time of day to be eating certain ones. Just try to eat 4 times a day and fill up.

I actually started this on Friday last week and am down nearly two pounds.

Be sure to eat enough though, this is critical. Otherwise your body will slow down your metabolism and all sorts of bad shi* will happen.

And remember post workout (one meal), and one day a week you can eat what you want, just don't go overboard.

dee-dub

Don Juan
Reaction score
Based from experience I think its a good idea to eat some whole wheat oatmeal in the morning to boost your metabolism...and its alright to have some for lunch...make sure your eating 6 meals a day and having around 2-3litres of water a day, dont eat any carbs before bed though if your trying to cut.

BAM001

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
The general consensus is that grains are good, well whole grains, but our bodies don't react favourably too them.

As far as eating the meat/legumes there isn't really a particular time of day to be eating certain ones. Just try to eat 4 times a day and fill up.

I actually started this on Friday last week and am down nearly two pounds.

Be sure to eat enough though, this is critical. Otherwise your body will slow down your metabolism and all sorts of bad shi* will happen.

And remember post workout (one meal), and one day a week you can eat what you want, just don't go overboard.
alrighty, cool beans. thanks much :)

dee-dub said:
Based from experience I think its a good idea to eat some whole wheat oatmeal in the morning to boost your metabolism...and its alright to have some for lunch...make sure your eating 6 meals a day and having around 2-3litres of water a day, dont eat any carbs before bed though if your trying to cut.
alright, advice taken, gonna start that up tomorrow morning.

Onlyliveonce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't forget fruits. I get my energy now from strawberries oranges etc. rather than what I used to eat (pasta and breads). You will notice a drop off in energy if you consume mostly lean meats. Not a good way to go if you plan on working out.
Also eat carbs in the beginning of the day, my choice is oatmeal with some blueberries before workouts. I think certain body types require different foods to lose weight however. The one common theme is more frequent smaller meals throughout the day. I also found not eating four to five hours before sleep assisted in my fat loss.