need quick advice asap, (day 3 of "3 day rule")

mapleleaf11

Reaction score
Hey, need some last minute quick pointers about first phone call after initially meeting someone, I met a hot girl at a classy bar on Saturday, and we had major kino happening, she was all over me....and she was sober, not me though, hehe, I got her #, she asked that night if I wanted to go for coffee or something sometime. but I work all day, and am super busy otherwise... I am thinking more along the lines of a game of pool. I just got out of a long term relationship, so I'm new to dating again. i am only asking the board cause I would like to know this woman better (she's older) and I have never dated an older chick. I have been busy the last few days, but now it's day 3 days since we met, ppl said call her on day 2, other women said if they don't call by day 2 she forgets about them......but I risked it... I am on day 3...and I would really like to call her tonight to set up plans for sometime this week. any advice, of what to do, or not to do??????? I know I will let her go first, and keep the conversation short, because I really am super busy tonight, but other stuff like what is the best time of day to call??? etc... and any other important things!!. I have a 98% success rate with dating women I have met. and have only ever been declined once. That gets me in emotional trouble.....but no biggie. I was drunk when we met, and can barely remember what I did to hit it off. it's 7pm where I am now as I write this...And wanna call her soon,.... so please a few replies in the next couple hours would be great... thx.

Ajax

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd call some other girl up and talk a little so you get used to it. Then call her, have an idea ready for what you are gonna do and when, keep a reserve date ready too if she is not able to meet you at the first suggestion.

Build a little rapport before you ask her to do anything with you. If you have only met the woman once the feeling probably are cooled down. Chat her up for a minute or two and then ask her out and then try to end the conversation fast but make it look natural so you don't call her up, ask her out and then hang up.

If she was all over you, don't mention it unless she do it, it will make you look bad.

mapleleaf11

Reaction score
cool

thanks man, i'm taking that advice,,,, another thing is how to open the convo, what do i say there?? experience tells me I am okay with progressing the convo, but do I say something like...."hey, it's 'my name', we met at 'the place' on saturday, how are you?" could it be that easy?? thx again...great advice!!, i'm calling a friend that I rarely talk to now... :)

Ajax

Don Juan
Reaction score
no problem

Don't worry so much about it, she seems to like you so if you begin the convo a little wrong she'll probably let it slide and help you out.

sk24iam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her. Don't let it go past 3 days or toherwise she'll think you have no interest. When you speak to her tell her you've been meanign to get in touch with her but youve been real bus these last few days. Tell her you'd really like to hang out with her this week. Make an arangement, then tell her you'll see her then. Kepp the convo no longer than 5 mins for first convo on phone.