Need Portable Music Player!

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing I can say is don't get an Archos. I got mine last year for christmas and the battery is already worthless.

I don't think I'll ever be able to trust a color screen again.

They make 60 gig ipods? I thought 40 was the max.

Does anyone else make 60 gig players cause I already have well over 40 gigs, plus those jews always call like 34.5 gigs 40... ^___^ significant figures;;;;

Jackasses

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
The only thing I can say is don't get an Archos. I got mine last year for christmas and the battery is already worthless.

Does anyone else make 60 gig players cause I already have well over 40 gigs, plus those jews always call like 34.5 gigs 40... ^___^ significant figures;;;;

Jackasses
Have you put RockBox on your Archos? http://www.rockbox.org

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Apple makes photo iPods that are 60 GB. They're color and can hold/view photos too. Check it out.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I keep on seeing this "buy the $300 ipod" or "buy this $400 thing"... dude you are going to the GYM! You lift heavy weights! What happens when you drop a 65lbs dumbbell on your ipod on accident?

Get a freaking $70 mp3 player you can strap on your arm. Even if it is as low as 128megs, that is still about 32 songs.. you can easily upload new ones whenever you want.

why the hell would you spend more than a $100 on a thing you can easily lose and break while going to gym is beyond me ;)

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AverageFC
Have you put RockBox on your Archos? http://www.rockbox.org
I have a Multimedia 20 and it doesn't look like it supported. Oh well.

I keep on seeing this "buy the $300 ipod" or "buy this $400 thing"... dude you are going to the GYM! You lift heavy weights! What happens when you drop a 65lbs dumbbell on your ipod on accident?

Get a freaking $70 mp3 player you can strap on your arm. Even if it is as low as 128megs, that is still about 32 songs.. you can easily upload new ones whenever you want.

why the hell would you spend more than a $100 on a thing you can easily lose and break while going to gym is beyond me :)
Because I like to listen to my music in other places then the gym. I do plan on buying a cheapo one to use while I'm running cause it's not good to shake a hard drive that much.

And I saw that photo iPod. Seems pretty good, 15 hour battery :)

Starting birthday list now :D

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by Vincent

Jackasses
I think it's out of line, especially for a moderator, to say something like "those jews always call like 34.5 gigs 40... "

BTW, I'm not Jewish, but I'm sure a certain percentage of the members here are and might be a tad offended by your comment.