Need help with my DJ Skills here at school

TheCaptain21

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok....so i found this site a year ago and learned a lot from it, now i'm having a problem here.......first let me begin by telling you I'm 21 years old and i live in chicago but i go to school at Western Illinois University in macomb.....its a small hick town with absolutely nothing around it, u see the same people every week at the same bars that kinda thing......

Now, when i was home over the summer i really improved my dj skills........first off i did a complete makeover on how i looked and pretty much most of the girls i meet tell me i'm hot or tell my freinds they think i'm hot.....my myspace never stops i get friend requests and comments daily.....so i mean i know i'm an attractive guy thats not the issue here......

When i was home i met a lot of girls at clubs or girls that went to clubs, i made a lotta freinds in the city.....it was a fun time, everytime a new girl would be partying with us she'd tell someone i knew that she wanted me, now waht i think the problem is, is that i was meeting the girls i met through current friends or on myspace......this makes things a lot easier.....

So now i'm at school in bufu and the previous 2 years here i was an AFC so i dont really know many people (mainly women) here......my best freind is a HB9 AW, so i know when i'm out with her girls are intimidated by her........well the 3 weeks she was gone i was on my own and its just wierd i dont get it, when i was in chicago girls were always lookin at me, checkin me out, trying to get my attention and it just seems that here they are more b1tchy, like for instance if i look at a girl she'll look away, i just dont sense the same attention i was getting at home......

but then i look around me and its a lot of scrubby lookin abercrombie and fitched preps and then you have me who goes out with spikey black hair, waxed eyebrows, armani exchange the whole nine yards......i stand out like a sore thumb when i go out......but wtf i know i look good when i go out and i take care of myself, i dont get whats goin on here, in chicago i got checked out on the regular, here its like i'm ignored and the big problem is i've gotten too used to meeting people through people and now i just need some advice on how to start from scratch, i'm used to having good looking girls and i'm not about to lower my standards and settle for less......frankly i've been really depressed lately cuz im startin to get the feeling that because i'm different i can't do it when really i know that because i'm different it should be easier.......given the scenario i'm in how do u fellow djs think i should go about starting this because obviously i need to make a change because i'm starting to think i HAVE TO be in chicago to get women and i don't like that attitude because its AFCish.....

TheCaptain21

Don Juan
Reaction score
cmon theres NO college DJs that go to school out in the middle of bufu that have some kind of advice?

Tomb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Give it time. Make some friends. Get into their social circle. Then once your in, use your DJ skill.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
You have self assurance problems

If you rode a bike before, you can do it again. If you eat solid foods before you can do it again. That is what self assurance is, is complete trust in the things you can do because you did it before.

People are people, and land is land. If you were able to be friendly in your old home town you can do it in a new one, why? Because even though your environment is new you aren't. You have the same if not more skills now then you did before. Act the same way now then you did before!