Need help understanding this..

k201

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey boys,

This isn't really a thread for advice, rather a thread of trying to help me comprehend what went on in this situation..

I'll start from the beginning...I started getting with this HB 9 every once in a while. Then her friends started like hinting at us moving to the next step...For example 1 night I come back from the bar and I see one of her friends in my apartment and she said "Hey k201, You and HB 9 aren't such a random thing anymore whats goin on there.."

So I didn't really do much about it. Also keep in mind throught this WHOLE thing she has been hooking up with another guy also.

So one night I texted her because I expected her to show up at a party I was at and she never did. This is how the conversation went:

k201: Hey HB9 why didn't you come to Ant's bday party tonight?
HB9: Hmm....well someone never invited me.
K201: You know you guys are always invited there. What else you do tonight?
HB9: Went to the bar, you weren't there. Went home.

So now I'm thinking this girl is sending me signals she wants to start hanging out more and get some what serious. (thinking that I beat out this other guy).

Then spring break comes. I'm at one hotel, the HB 9 and the other guy are at the other. I hung out with her a few nights - got some making out in the club and brought her back only 1 night. Now heres what went down that night..

Get her back, we get in my bed start making out. Eventually we both get naked and were just going at it with each other. She stops randomly and was just like "K201, your one of the sweetest guys I know and I trust you."

So now I'm thinking okay, thats 2 seperate things that are saying she wnats to move up.

So then this past weekend comes up. Thursday night at around 1:30 I go back to my apartment and her and her friends are there. So I started talking to her initiating kino w/e w/e doing my thing. She says shes going to say hi to some friends and she'll be back. So I'm like ok whatever shes coming back.

NEVER came back. -- Guess where she went and with whom?

One of her friends comes into my apartment later on and is talking and blurts out that HB9 went to the bar with this other kid. So that was when I'm like okay I'm done with this girl moving on NEXT.

To end it, she is going with him to his frat's formal TONIGHT. Her sorority's formal is next friday and I'm pretty sure shes going to ask him to go.

Now I just want to know WHY she was leading me on? I mean it seems that in a weeks time she went from completely liking me to flaking. I just don't seem to comprehend this situation...

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I know exactly what you're talking about.

When a girl will have enough interest in you to be all over you and then a week later flake on you... that's really weird. The truth is, there could be a million reasons that she flaked on you. I don't know what to tell you. I had a physical relationship with this one girl for a little while, and then a week later she told me that she loved me like I was her brother. It's just weird.

She probably still has feelings for you. If you and her are in a tightknit social circle, date other girls and make sure she knows about it (tactfully, don't tell her straight up cause that's just lame, let her friends tell her that you're dating other girls). Right now, I think she's putting you on the backburner even though she's attracted to you.

k201

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, we are in a kind of tight knit group of friends. I'll see her at least 2 out of the 3 nights a week that we go out. I was definately going to be trying to get a new girl around me quite soon to get a little jealous and then see where that gets me, but yea she led me on way 1 and completely did a 180 on it...that REALLY SUCKS! ha

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
k201 said:
This isn't really a thread for advice, rather a thread of trying to help me comprehend what went on in this situation..
Okay, but isn't the thread name "Need help understanding this..."? Oh man, I think I'm gonna need to make a thread to try to help me comprehend this thread.