Need help quitting smoking.......

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chantix and all that other crap won't work.

I like smoking too much. It makes me feel like crap when I smoke too much, but on the whole I like it. Gives me a way to 'get away' from whatever I'm doing at the time and take a break, whether it be a social function, long day at work, etc. Gives me something to do when I'm on the cell phone. I love smoking when I drink and play golf. I love smoking while I drive long distances (which I frequently have to do for work).

Ideas? Really the only reason I even want to quit is because it's so bad for you.

I wonder if there's such a thing as smoking in moderation? Wonder if there's some statistics that say so many cigarettes is what raises your chances for cancer?

Amjad

Banned
Reaction score
Hi speed dawg,
Few tips on how to quit smoking:
Make a plan to quit smoking and stick with your decision,
Buy a saving jar and keep the money you would spend on ciggerates.
Give yourself reward by planning for a treat with this money,
Keep your teeth clean,
Visit your doctor and get support from him.

fivestarplayer

Reaction score
Cold Turkey is the only legit way. I was like you and had no desire to quit smoking. I smoked for 4 years. When I went through basic your not allowed to smoke at all for 9 weeks. It was hell, I was goin through withdraws, detox, and feening like a mofo. On top of dealing with the stress of dealing with all the dumb bs they like to play there.

When I finally made it out I had a few smokes at tech school but I didn't pick it back up(no desire too.) Havnt had a cigg in 2years. I'd blaze before I smoked another cig.